What's in your diaper stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I've spent the better part of a decade battling incontinence. After years of field research and beta testing, I've found the perfect inventory of supplies from around the globe for just about every occasion.

From top to bottom, left to right per shelf...
nATboHPCMGKH4uQiNtI5QFg-aL1zYNM-jD5dDQz4tiAjY87hMg3Z80mtX1BzHdn2onI2_FYUNiZ_QESM8O3huQka26XMgBKlSNAkdHXsshG2fF8jvA893wfJnxUkYDiiSQxSGDxV7Maqbexh1GYWgf8Sudih2aqTPP-2BYvdsfF7F6ORwP9dNMUdlz_Yjs77x81OJ8_5nO35sL2SxJ5Pg54sVKfF05sgS233GvzOJuROhVB7tfCShlzC4X9bP59CQX3NQdTv2C31f-VTHcS6OBb8oDyGmYRj3aMs05ADvKrLJHpYokCoM6bFOSxCCsjMboqfl5yUhDW5bW0SoIhIdOQE4u4hZC-Fkm_62P1twwyn8XxSIRHHrGK6Sk-tUr0le-6hEHpHkkR-NuXVI842BiJQ4qsgXS7cgwxuKFS5DEdJt7Rll3g-s0Ri7C6-CeJTvpFqY7kao77fnCOwfez7G0RrlRHg4v8l-BEPO3n_F6Y-EV4kDIvUIFhmPeSHzK7tTtLSP1bbFrGinLGZaIVRkk2FnKMYt3RWX0uAvyEQs4kTgzRu9mabcuwM6eV4nUFyQt8AeMFGAfLBuIqRy-aoIKflGi5kNR2ZaVLVZQ5h3gsGxGwbjFIbBuujfeuZN6g9QI2Nkomy1j4DsChkHYbh5AtWitroSPWU-p4_FeCXDoQNHbv_AB5i4vQRwJpbjGNIFwutGPtAck1t2Yo3Yw=w1110-h832-no

1st Row: 3x Vintage Attends Disposable Briefs (91), 5x Forma Care Nacht (DE), 2x NorthShore Supreme, 8x Unique Wellness Original (NASA brief), TotalDry Ultimate Boosters, NSC XL Doublers, 8x BetterDry. 2nd row: AbriLet Stuffers, TotalDry/NSC XL pads, 9x ID Slip Super (PE), 2x DryLife Super, 7x Abena M4 (PE).

*Not pictured: NorthShore Care MegaMax (used exclusively for flights and road trips).

What's in your diaper closet?

Last edited:
I have 7 bags of Crinklz (plus a few more individual diapers) in my closet. I am planning on ordering another case tomorrow too.

Because after 2 decades of battling incontinence I learned it is easier and better to just have one (or maybe two) diaper types you know will work for every occasion. Trying to constantly switch around what diaper you use, and when, just means carrying around more different diapers. It also means having to stock more of some and fewer of others, which just complicates things unnecessarily.

As such, I highly recommend you use up your old stocks and just stick with what you know you can trust in most any situation.

I have one Bambino Classico and maybe 2/3rds of a bag of Lil' Monsters left.

I'm going to be picking up some more soon(really want to get a bag of something from ABU if I can; all I've had from them are samples), but honestly I'm going to wait until after Christmas to do so, since I only wear once or twice a week anyways.

Thanks Slomo. Out of the pictured items, my everyday go-to's are the BetterDry or Abena M4 with the use of a stuffer (AbriLet or NSC XL boosters).

Beyond this stock, I have a large inventory of the BetterDry, Abena M4, and Forma Care Nachts.

Then, there's the quantity of what I identify as inferior diapers. These include most cloth-like briefs such as Tena, Certainty, Compose, and Coviden. And then there are the plastic backed undesirables, such as Total Dry Overnights and the dreaded Wings. All of these are emergency stock, or gifts to others who are less fortunate and in-need of some form of protection. Even if they've never given anything beyond a pull-up a chance for their incontinence needs.

I have a case of ABU Kiddos plus almost 2 packs each of Little Pawz, Barebums, and Tykables Overnights, plus Goodnites/Dollar General "Sleep pants" and different Size 6 Baby Diapers (the Goodnites, "sleep pants" and baby diapers are mostly used as stuffers/boosters because I like my diapers thirstier abd thicker lol)

The last time one of these threads was going around, I had to say ‘one pack of Abena S4s’. Well, I’ve done some stockpiling since then:

1 pack ABU SDK S
2 packs ABU Space S
2 packs ABU cushies S
3 packs ABU Preschool cloth S
1 Pack Rearz Inspire S
1 Pack Rearz Seduction (Black) S
4 packs Bambino Magnifico M

I still need to add a pack of Abena S4s in there though, just for old time’s sake.

stardprboy said:
Thanks Slomo. Out of the pictured items, my everyday go-to's are the BetterDry or Abena M4 with the use of a stuffer (AbriLet or NSC XL boosters).

Beyond this stock, I have a large inventory of the BetterDry, Abena M4, and Forma Care Nachts.

Then, there's the quantity of what I identify as inferior diapers. These include most cloth-like briefs such as Tena, Certainty, Compose, and Coviden. And then there are the plastic backed undesirables, such as Total Dry Overnights and the dreaded Wings. All of these are emergency stock, or gifts to others who are less fortunate and in-need of some form of protection. Even if they've never given anything beyond a pull-up a chance for their incontinence needs.

Oh man, why would want Covideen or Wings to be your emergency stock? I'd only give diapers like them to my worst enemies too. Why would you gift them to someone less fortunate and make them even less fortunate still? That's just cruel even if that person doesn't realize it.

The reason I have so many extra bags of Crinklz is because some of them are my own emergency stock. I can rotate out the older diapers too, so that way they won't be degraded by the time I end up needing them too.

Slomo said:
Oh man, why would want Covideen or Wings to be your emergency stock? I'd only give diapers like them to my worst enemies too. Why would you gift them to someone less fortunate and make them even less fortunate still? That's just cruel even if that person doesn't realize it.

The reason I have so many extra bags of Crinklz is because some of them are my own emergency stock. I can rotate out the older diapers too, so that way they won't be degraded by the time I end up needing them too.

Properly stored diapers degrade?

At the moment, I have half a case of ComfiDry 24/7 and 3/4 if a case if BetterDry. Those and Rearz Inspire+ InControl are the only three brands that I’ve worn in a couple of years.

paddedcowboy said:
Properly stored diapers degrade?

All soft petroleum products degrade over time. All adhesives degrade over time. This includes elastic bands.

The biggest two issues are the bands and the tapes. Most of us have seen what happens to old rubber bands. They lose their stretch, can get stiff, and can just break when you try to stretch them. Same thing can happen in the leg and leak guard elastic in a diaper, it's the same soft rubber material.

The tapes can go one of two ways, or both. Tape adhesives over time can become very firmly attached and difficult to peel from the backing to apply, and/or can have less to no adhesive power when peeled up, requiring duct tape etc to keep them fastened down.

Most diaper bags I've seen have expiration dates printed on them somewhere, which I'l admit did seem quite strange when I first started noticing it. I'm speculating that these are as excessive as we see on a lot of other (food) products, expiring them lway before necessary or reasonable, but still the possibility is there. The climate you store your diapers in is also important. If the bag is punctured, humidity can get in and affect things like the sap, and even if the bag is sealed it can be affected by extended exposure to heat, which accelerates the aging of plastics and rubbers. Storing diapers in a hot attic will reduce their shelf life quite a bit.

And then there's the issue of things like mice looking for bedding material to shred...

LOL, I'm not a diaper bank. But if somebody is using a store bought pull-up and is interested in trying a brief, I let them have a few. Obviously, I'll show them the greener side of the fence by providing some premium briefs to compare. But a gift-is-a-gift when it's free.

DSCN6840.jpg

I have a bag each of Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi, ID Slip Super, and ID Slip Extra Plus. I don’t usually need higher absorbency than that because my bladder’s so small but I want to try some abdl brands for fun soon! :D

I just wear for fun so my stock fits my needs. Abena M-4 for overnight. I am not a bedwetter but I soak them in the morning when I get up while I let the dog out and feed the cats. I'll change to a Tranquility ATM and get dressed and feed the dog and while he is out recycling his poop, I will put out the garbage, recyclables, etc and put up the flag. Back inside I will make some coffee and get dressed feminine. After breakfast I satisfy my internet addiction for a while and then change into either another Tranquility, Sam's club tabbed brief or Tena woman's pull up under my male clothes. I am a coffee addict so I have to change often during the day. I started wearing plastic pants so I don't have to worry about a leak if I pee too much. I don't go overboard with peeing and change when the diaper feels uncomfortable.

4 Packs of ABU Universe, 1 Pack of Rearz Rebels.

I have a bunch of Luvs size 6, Pampers size 6, including a pack of size 8, and GoodNites. Some DG size 7, and some Bambino Ultrastretch diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back