Is it Safe/Sanitary to Wear a Diaper, Take it Off, Put it Under my Mattress, and Put it Back on Next Time I'm Home Alone?

Is What I am Doing Safe/Sanitary?

• Total voters
Albasion said:
I don't get what people are worried about. I wear the same diaper for 2 or 3 nights all the time, just because throwing away unused diapers after a single night is very wasteful to me. Never had any problems at all.

I know right why throw away a perfectly good unused diaper, that is wasteful, and I can't afford to keep ordering diapers after every couple of wear periods, I don't have a job yet.

lilshelly said:
I agree with this completely. If it was a regular diaper plain white and you were trying to be at least a little discrete that's one thing. Wearing AB diapers in public and be that obvious is wrong. It is a way to get attention but it is the wrong kind of attention. To me as I am sure to others someone's AB side is private unless you are in a place such as a AB convention or private get together with people of similar interests.

Let me ask you this, If you are so willing to let others know that you wear not only diapers but AB diapers why not just tell your parents and be done with it?

Uh, you do realize the OP was NOT exposing his diapers to anyone. You guys are jumping to the wrong conclusion here. He said when in a bathroom stall he secretly wanted someone to peek under the divider and see his AB diaper around his ankels. Except that would be someone else forcing themselves on to him. Not the other way around as you are assuming.

To the OP, you should check out reusable cloth diapers, I know they're not the same, but you can help with the costs, you can use them, wash them, and not have to worry about inventory space, however if you do use them, I'd recommend washing them asap because they'll smell faster. They'll never fall apart on you until a couple hundred washes or so. Check out the Ecoables, they're the best modern cloth diaper in my opinion, they're really soft, thick, and quite bulky. Look for the ones with the two inserts. If you want crinkle, I'd recommend baby pants peva pants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will often reuse a diaper the next night, if I haven't used it the night before, maybe even two nights, but no more than that.

I have done similar - "dry wearing" a diaper (usually just to sleep in) for a few days/nights in a row with no issues. I'd say at least making sure it can "air out" a bit when you've removed it is a worthwhile precaution.

Not the most sanitary because of sweat buildup.

Have you considered trying a cloth diaper or AIO? Having just 1 or 2 is easy enough to hide, can be washed, and don't need to be continually reordered. There's some really cute ones out there.

No. Have you ever left a diaper unattended for a while until trash day comes? It fills with fungus's, attracts parasites and viruses. Its tempting but the answer is no if you care about your health.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
To the OP, you should check out reusable cloth diapers, I know they're not the same, but you can help with the costs, you can use them, wash them, and not have to worry about inventory space, however if you do use them, I'd recommend washing them asap because they'll smell faster. They'll never fall apart on you until a couple hundred washes or so. Check out the Ecoables, they're the best modern cloth diaper in my opinion, they're really soft, thick, and quite bulky. Look for the ones with the two inserts. If you want crinkle, I'd recommend baby pants peva pants.

But I like the crinkle that comes with wearing plastic diapers, cloth diapers have no crinkle/bulk feel to them.

- - - Updated - - -

12srepaid said:
I will often reuse a diaper the next night, if I haven't used it the night before, maybe even two nights, but no more than that.

Ok thanks so much for the tip

- - - Updated - - -

RubberJin said:
I have done similar - "dry wearing" a diaper (usually just to sleep in) for a few days/nights in a row with no issues. I'd say at least making sure it can "air out" a bit when you've removed it is a worthwhile precaution.

Ok thanks, what would I do/where would I put them so they air out while still hiding them from my parents?

- - - Updated - - -

Sheepies said:
Not the most sanitary because of sweat buildup.

Have you considered trying a cloth diaper or AIO? Having just 1 or 2 is easy enough to hide, can be washed, and don't need to be continually reordered. There's some really cute ones out there.

No because there is no crinkle/bulk feel to them, and how am I supposed to wash them, that'd be bringing them out into the open when doing my laundry at home or at my grandma's, or even worse, if my Dad does my laundry without asking me, that's why I also haven't bought a onesie (even though I'd like one), it would still have to be washed, same with a baby bottle with milk, it would have to be washed with the dishes and my parents would see it. I suppose in theory I could wash everything when alone, and wash the baby bottle immediately after using it when alone, because I can't use it, hide it, and wait until I'm alone to wash it, the milk will stink, but I think it's just too risky.

- - - Updated - - -

failedsystem said:
No. Have you ever left a diaper unattended for a while until trash day comes? It fills with fungus's, attracts parasites and viruses. Its tempting but the answer is no if you care about your health.

Oh god no! I immediately dispose of the diaper in a seperate King Soopers bag after using it, and then throw it outside the day before trash day, I don't use it, throw it on Monday, and let it sit until Friday, I use it, throw it out Thursday and the trash comes the next day on Friday. This isn't about the disposal of the diaper, this is about wearing the same diaper multiple times without wetting/messing it.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

You could also wear your disposable diapers over cloth ones. Pocket (cloth) diapers with the inserts removed are actually very easy to wash and dry. Plus, you could also use washcloths as inserts so that laundry isn't a problem.

Back