Need help defining

ClaudTheBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi guys,

I have been having some deep thoughts about the fandom and was wondering what others think on the topic. Would you consider the furry fandom a fetish? I would think for me it would not be. I did not join for sexual satisfaction which is what I would say is the distinguishing characteristic of a fetish. Granted there are some that get sexual pleasure from it but I would say those are the minority.
This got me to thinking something else. Is ABDL a fetish? I have always said yes, it is but now that I am loosening up my preconceived thoughts on the group I'm looking at it through different eyes. I feel comfortable saying that DL would definitely fall under a fetish. It it a physical pleasure that domes from the diaper. AB, I'm not sure of anymore. From what I have learned is that AB is more of a mental pleasure. ....well maybe not pleasure but more of a comfort. Granted there may be some that will turn it sexual but I don't think that is the majority. If anything, I would think that those are a small minority in the group.

What do you guys think?

All I need to say is we have already discussed this to great extent. Just do a simple search for "definition" and you'll be reading away for hours.

The furry fandom really is a mixed bag in regards to what you are asking so the answer is not a simple one as it really depends on the reason you are in it.

Down the Rabbit hole does a good job covering the history of how what we know today as the furry fandom began going back to funny animal cartoons.

Many people are in the group because they want to have fun around other people who like doing things who are like minded and it's in many ways like sci fi fans or other niche fandoms a central theme to draw diverse people together.

For some it's more akin to a spiritual connection to animals not unlike how some religious beliefs treat totems.

And yes for many it's related to sexual expression both in art and action.

Reactions: perlFerret
Thank you slomo, that was helpful

- - - Updated - - -

Now that was helpful. Thanks rennec. I was thinking it was a deeper subject now that I have become more into the furry fandom. Definitely not black and white. Many MANY shades to consider.

rennecfox said:
The furry fandom really is a mixed bag in regards to what you are asking so the answer is not a simple one as it really depends on the reason you are in it.

Down the Rabbit hole does a good job covering the history of how what we know today as the furry fandom began going back to funny animal cartoons.

Many people are in the group because they want to have fun around other people who like doing things who are like minded and it's in many ways like sci fi fans or other niche fandoms a central theme to draw diverse people together.

For some it's more akin to a spiritual connection to animals not unlike how some religious beliefs treat totems.

And yes for many it's related to sexual expression both in art and action.
i see by post date this is late but i found the vid interesting

Back