Jerry Springer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight99

Est. Contributor
I honestly don't know what to make about Jerry Springer. He's fun and entertaining, and his remarks are second to none in the insult department, but him and his show are in such poor taste that it's hard to take them seriously. I've seen tons of cheating, tons of people revealing that they're transgender (which honestly doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things; transgender people are still people), and tons of ridiculous fights over nothing. I enjoy watching the drama (which is really the only reason someone could like that show), but that's all there is to it. Today I watched a girl reveal to a man she'd slept with that she was transgender (which also included her joking about it when it's really not a joking matter), a man cheating on his fiancé with a girl and separately with the other girl's twin sister (culminating in both twins beating each other up because they had an agreement not to sleep with each other's man), and saw an old clip of a man who lives in a box (he's naked, with an old cardboard box covering everything from his waist to his knees) trying to win his girlfriend back. The show is fake, and there are many people who have stated that they have been paid to appear and given scripts that tell them about their characters' backstories and tell them what to say, how to act, and even what punches to throw and what punches the other person will throw. With all of that being considered, exactly what makes his show so great?

Uh, there is NOTHING good about that show. It puts a negative spin on everything out there, and it does so by being fake and staged. That in turn teaches everyone who watches it to be negative and combative.

That man is literally making our society worse, and he needs a serious morality check. Better yet, he needs to burn in hell. Him, and every other media personality (and political leader) who over sensationalizes through shock, awe, and outright lies.

Ps. Try breaking up your posts into paragraphs. A good rule of thumb is 3-5 sentences per paragraph. Also look for where your train of thought shifts a little, this is a good place to start a new paragraph.

Starlight99 said:
I honestly don't know what to make about Jerry Springer. He's fun and entertaining, and his remarks are second to none in the insult department, but him and his show are in such poor taste that it's hard to take them seriously. I've seen tons of cheating, tons of people revealing that they're transgender (which honestly doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things; transgender people are still people), and tons of ridiculous fights over nothing. I enjoy watching the drama (which is really the only reason someone could like that show), but that's all there is to it. Today I watched a girl reveal to a man she'd slept with that she was transgender (which also included her joking about it when it's really not a joking matter), a man cheating on his fiancé with a girl and separately with the other girl's twin sister (culminating in both twins beating each other up because they had an agreement not to sleep with each other's man), and saw an old clip of a man who lives in a box (he's naked, with an old cardboard box covering everything from his waist to his knees) trying to win his girlfriend back. The show is fake, and there are many people who have stated that they have been paid to appear and given scripts that tell them about their characters' backstories and tell them what to say, how to act, and even what punches to throw and what punches the other person will throw. With all of that being considered, exactly what makes his show so great?

I read the post just fine. I suppose my brain is more a tune to being open and able to process the message rather then the structure.
As for the post, he is a master of the shock value. Like a train wreck, you want to look away but just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back