China may not get KH3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I seen a report from one of the companies involved with Video Game Review/Information/Whatnot that China may not get Kingdom Hearts 3, or they could get the game in a censored format because of the Meme that has been going around saying the Chinese President looks like Pooh Bear; I mean really?

Seems like a petty reason to censor or ban a video game, not to mention they banned the Winnie The Pooh movie.

Maybe, but it wholly in line with China's draconian and far-reaching censorship practices. Off-hand, the only nation I can think of with worse policies is North Korea.

Traemo said:
Maybe, but it wholly in line with China's draconian and far-reaching censorship practices. Off-hand, the only nation I can think of with worse policies is North Korea.

Yeah I hear you there, but Russia/Putin seems to have something against free speech as it applies to the internet as well; Putin just hates any kind meme/jokes about him being gay and threatens throwing people in jail for it, I mean talk about not being able to take a joke.

Just because a politician/leader hates it doesn't mean it should be banned.

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah I hear you there, but Russia/Putin seems to have something against free speech as it applies to the internet as well; Putin just hates any kind meme/jokes about him being gay and threatens throwing people in jail for it, I mean talk about not being able to take a joke.

Just because a politician/leader hates it doesn't mean it should be banned.

Lol, try telling that to our own draconian dictator in chief.

Slomo said:
Lol, try telling that to our own draconian dictator in chief.

I don't see Trump banning films/video games because of jokes like China/Russia/North Korea would

BabyTyrant said:
I don't see Trump banning films/video games because of jokes like China/Russia/North Korea would

Even the President of the United States doesn't have the power or legal authority to ban games, movies, etc., but I'd love to hear his reaction if someone made a video game where the big monster at the end of the game that had to be killed was giant balloon diapered baby Trump! I also was hoping to see balloon Baby Trump at the Macy's Day Parade.

dogboy said:
Even the President of the United States doesn't have the power or legal authority to ban games, movies, etc., but I'd love to hear his reaction if someone made a video game where the big monster at the end of the game that had to be killed was giant balloon diapered baby Trump! I also was hoping to see balloon Baby Trump at the Macy's Day Parade.

And that is one of the great things about America, there is a process to politics, and limits to each branches power, and unlike China/Russia/North Korea you won't see media getting banned because the leader of the country is Butthurt, I mean the whole "Winnie The Pooh is Anti-Communist" excuse is stupid, I have watched the old Winnie The Pooh back in the day and I dont see any mention of communism/capitalism/any other isms.

So it is clearly just an excuse because the president of China cant take a joke.

BabyTyrant said:

You're confused. I never said he has out right banned anything. Well, actually there are some things he has effectively banned, but never yet games or film. What I was talking about is his constantly threatening and punishing free speech. (And if you need an example you clearly haven't been paing attention).

Slomo said:
You're confused. I never said he has out right banned anything. Well, actually there are some things he has effectively banned, but never yet games or film. What I was talking about is his constantly threatening and punishing free speech. (And if you need an example you clearly haven't been paing attention).

He can threaten free speech all he wants, he will never be able to take it away, unlike the 3 aforementioned countries where the leader does have the power to imprison people for any reason at all, ban things they disagree with, etc.

BabyTyrant said:
He can threaten free speech all he wants, he will never be able to take it away, unlike the 3 aforementioned countries where the leader does have the power to imprison people for any reason at all, ban things they disagree with, etc.

I agree he can't outright take it away (though he is constantly trying to anyways), but he can undermine it to the point where free speech no longer has any meaning. And wow does he love to do that with his constant "fake news" lying. In the end, the truth of many matters still get put down by him just as equally as if he did ban them. He'll eventually get his own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back