Disney Is Slipping On Their Releases -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight99

Est. Contributor
As a diehard Disney fan, I am beyond disappointed at their latest releases. This is a company that could drop a tape with a poor-quality print in the 80s and make kids go crazy, but they can't do anything now except make their paying customers shake their heads. Nowadays, there are very few people who truly buy a physical Disney movie for their kids, and it's mainly reduced to collectors, film historians, or fanatics. I have been getting very disappointed ever since I bought the 2013 Blu-Ray of The Little Mermaid, and I've gotten progressively more disappointed until today. I just bought the 2012 Blu-Ray of The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under, and I was beyond mad when I opened it. It was only $10 and it was in a DVD case, which is a hard-to-find variant of their Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs. However, when I opened it, I found out that the package was constructed in a way that could easily damage the discs. If you look at the picture down below, you'll see a Disney Movie Rewards card on the left and a DVD of The Rescuers Down Under on the right (according to the box, that's Disc 3). Take that disc out, and there's a DVD of The Rescuers (Disc 2). Take that out, flip it over, you can tell that the disc was refinished, a sign that its refurbished. Under that disc, there's a Blu-Ray of both movies (Disc One). I nearly dropkicked this movie when I saw all that. I've been disappointed when The Little Mermaid had nothing special on it for being $25, I was disappointed when the same thing happened with Snow White, I was beyond pissed when I paid $25 for Hocus Pocus and got a bare-bones Blu-Ray with a shitty DVD from 2001 as the accompanying disc, but this takes the cake. There have been many disappointing releases in the past, but this flat-out pissed me off. Not only are the discs arranged in a way that can damage them before they get played (just to save Disney money), but at least one of the discs belonged to someone else before I got this, it got broke, it got returned, it got cleaned and polished, and then it got wrapped and sold to me. This wasn't even at a thrift store, this was at Walmart, and even though the wrapper has a sticker on it that says "PROMO", I'm sure that that has nothing to do with the fact that Disney is selling second-hand items to people. Thinking back, I remember when they wanted you to register your Disney items with the company (including movies) so that if they were broke, they could send a replacement. Basically, when you sent your broken item back to Disney, they sent you a new item, and your broken item was then sold to someone else. To add insult to injury, the dipshit who put my copy together stacked the discs backwards, which would just confuse the hell out of a viewer who didn't know what they had bought. I thought the bottom for Disney was when their Lady And The Tramp Blu-Ray came with a "How To Make A Perfect Meatball" segment, but this beat it by a longshot. If anyone here works for Disney or knows someone who does, please stop fucking your fans. Without us, Disney would be nothing, and considering it costs less than a penny to get a DVD from the original elements to the hands of a customer who then pays $25 or more for it, you could at least give us something in return besides half-assed or used products. If I want a used Disney movie, Goodwill is a 20 minute drive from here, and eBay is one click away. When I come to you, I want a new product. If you can't be a decent business, it's time to shut the doors. :mad:
WIN_20181127_00_35_05_Pro.jpg
WIN_20181127_00_35_20_Pro.jpg

Hey buddy yes that is frustrating receiving a movie release that is clearly a victim of shrinkflation. I get it’s particularly frustrating as you are one of the last people that is actually paying dollars for it rather than just pirating it.

I personally try to live in a Disney free world so wish they would give up rather than continue to buy up properties I have loved.

I hope you don’t mind if I make a suggestion, break up your post into paragraphs as it is currently a mountain of text I think most people will class as TL;DR (too long; didn't read.)

Yeah...I really need to work on my writing. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely work on that. As for the work Disney is doing, they seem more interested in conquering the world than they do in actually doing anything truly productive. Their releases are sub-par these days, and some of their movies are, too. They seem to be driving a bulldozer through Star Wars (although not nearly as bad as the prequels or the edits), and I'm sure it's not long before another Dark Age besets the film division of Disney. If they have no popular film output, that will destroy the company. Think back to the 80s, if The Little Mermaid hadn't been a success, that would've ended the animation department at least, and Disney as a whole at most. If that happens again, Disney could very easily go under.

I think they're fairly on track kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back