Goodbye ABU, Hello Tykables

russel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just some food for thought. I've decided to not order anything from ABU anymore. The prices have sky rocketed, now shipping is added to the the cost, and to be honest, I'm so tired of waiting, and waiting, and waiting for products to be restocked.:wallbash: #1 rule of business, always have supply on hand for the Customers. Anyways. I checked out Tykables, seem to offer a better product, and shipping was included. They are affordable, and have product in stock. I understand selling out of product, but month's and month's to restock?.:dunno: Anyone else experience the same? Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I would recommend northshore megamax if you like the peekabus. Basically the same diaper, but pay attention to the sizing on it. And yeah, the restocking times have always been my issue with them. I really like the lavenders, but when I have spare money, they never seem to have any in.

Tykables pretty much has the same trend for being out of product (out of overnights in cases and galactics all together in my size for many weeks now). The abdl diaper industry is in a growing phase, and I don’t think it has the “infrastructure” yet to sustain the growing demand. I think the companies probably aren’t established enough to order a new shipment of product before they have sold most of the current stock in order to financially support the new order. Pretty much all the popular abdl specific diapers are showing the same stocking issues. Therefore, while it is annoying and I hope it improves, I personally would not discount the companies for stocking issues and focus on the quality and features of the diapers and get them when you can!

unsure if tykables still have the shipping of canada id love trying something new , Even tough abu is my fave i did not even bother to try getting anything on sale because no stock as is already! my 2nd go to is rearz but they blacklisted me on the site from buying ,
id love to get Something new or difrent brands that usa has that we dont get in canada , anyone got idea on things new i could aquire , new crinkles, those elaphan ones or whatever else :)

I get frustrated also, hence why I have multiple brands in my closet, tykables are great diapers but they have the same issues, plus imo while they make an excellent product, the outer shell with the compacted sap feels kind of rigid until wet, abu (little paws, simple ultra's and kiddo's) have the super soft plastic feel so I will keep them in the mix until it changes. Price wise... the spread is pretty close when paying per diaper and ordering by the case.

I understand where you are coming from. I have been a big fan of ABU since the new owners took over. However, their prices have continued to climb to the point where it just doesn't make sense to shop there exclusively. For me, I wear 24/7 and the cost is certainly a factor when choosing a diaper. I agree with Azie about MegaMax. It is a very good diaper for the price, and the medium sizing is perfect for my 38 waist. However, for overall performance and price, I think BetterDry is tops. I find myself alternating between these two and will most likely restock both when the time comes. I have never had an issue with out of stocks when ordering BetterDry from Northshore, and was ablke to order MegaMax from them as well without any stock issues. I will pre-order from Tykables, but they are not a daily diaper for me. I still really like ABU and what Casey is doing there, I just cant justify spending that much on a monthly basis when there are similar products for less. I think it is amazing that we area able to have these kinds of conversation about adult diapers and all of our choices now.

I totally agree. Tykables overnights are WaY better than ABU anything.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

pampers4U said:
I get frustrated also, hence why I have multiple brands in my closet, tykables are great diapers but they have the same issues, plus imo while they make an excellent product, the outer shell with the compacted sap feels kind of rigid until wet, abu (little paws, simple ultra's and kiddo's) have the super soft plastic feel so I will keep them in the mix until it changes. Price wise... the spread is pretty close when paying per diaper and ordering by the case.

ABUniverse just recently changed the plastic on their SDKs recently to a slightly rough mat finish. I have two older SDKs on hand for comparison. There is definitely a difference.

I like Tykables Overnights, but would I say they are better than anything ABUniverse has? That is quite a subjective question that requires some thought, what do you want in a diaper?

If you like the feel of cloth backed (even though Tykables aren't fully cloth backed, they are kind of a Hybrid of a plastic backed diaper with a few cloth covered areas), and want easily readjustable tabs (you get limited readjustments with plastic backed diapers and sticky tabs before they dont want to stick anymore, and then you have to use duck tape or do something to make them stay secure).

As much as I like Tykables I feel like lose in some areas.

1st off I think ABUniverse diapers just feel better from the get go, they have a wider range of products (different fits, print, absorbency levels, price, etc), and I usually dont have problems getting an order delivered quickly.

I ordered from Tykables once, they apparently had a huge backlog, and even though they were listed as in stock due to backlog I had to wait around 2-3 weeks from order to delivery.

I have ordered Little Pawz a number of times from the Baltimore Warehouse and always get delivery in 3 days (2 days of traveling and delivery on day 3), same with a recent order of size L Kiddos and the PeekABU hats.

As for price, you can say ABUniverse has gone up in price a bunch from the original owners to now, but they are definitely better diapers than early on, and the level of service and customer support is way above what they used to have.

I was one of the people that got taken by the previous owners and couldn't do anything but wait and eventually they switched hands to the current owner, I explained how I got screwed over; and they gave me credit in the amount of the order that I got scammed by the previous owners.

They have never let me down and they haven't gone up too much from last year to this year (maybe 10% shipping cost), so as long as they don't have a much bigger price hike (like say 50%) I will continue to support them, order from them and enjoy their diapers from time to time.

Diapers are a very personal item, so I like the idea of a competitive market. Tykables is pretty much dead to me on the purchase side since they went full hybrid model. I like their prints and the plastic itself feels nice but when I can buy diapers without a fuzzy panel, I'm strongly disposed to. At present, Northshore Care has carved out some of my business from ABU both because of products in the mid-range and consistent reliability. I still like ABU but I can't buy what they don't have.

For the record, I noticed the change in plastic with ABU's Plastic Preschools. I'm not a regular SDK buyer, so I can't speak to that one exactly. It felt better before but it's not enough to get me to drop a product that performs so well otherwise. I hope they will change to something with a nicer feel in the future.

Trevor said:
Diapers are a very personal item, so I like the idea of a competitive market. Tykables is pretty much dead to me on the purchase side since they went full hybrid model. I like their prints and the plastic itself feels nice but when I can buy diapers without a fuzzy panel, I'm strongly disposed to. At present, Northshore Care has carved out some of my business from ABU both because of products in the mid-range and consistent reliability. I still like ABU but I can't buy what they don't have.

For the record, I noticed the change in plastic with ABU's Plastic Preschools. I'm not a regular SDK buyer, so I can't speak to that one exactly. It felt better before but it's not enough to get me to drop a product that performs so well otherwise. I hope they will change to something with a nicer feel in the future.

And that's the thing. The advantage that Super Dry Kids diapers have in utility, comfort, and trim fit out weighs the disadvantage of their new plastic backing. And they work better and are longer wearing than the Confidrys or other products I've worked with. I hate having to spend my money on them, but I don't think I have much of a choice but to live with the new materials. Not with my needs the way they are. At least they are in stock, and do the job they were made to do.

to me the crinklz are the best for both price and being in stock every month when i need to buy i have yet to see the trouble with the tapes i keep hearing people talk about and to me the prints dont scream baby but happy i started having trouble with being sad and found useing these prints has helped that so it is crinklz for me for now

Not sure what your all excited about, unless you are crying about peekabu... it’s a premium diaper and you’ll pay for it!

Sdk’s haven’t changed $1 in the last few years and I doubt any of the other older lines have either.

Big whoop if you have to pay a bit of shipping, it’s the price of business, can’t expect them to keep eating shipping losses

A lot of places are the same, start out with low/no shipping, then comes increased minimums and/or you start paying

Not that I’ve done any scientific research but around here I think Abu is still the best bang for the buck. I like tykables but they are much more expensive with free shipping than abu’s are

Being an Aussie the business dynamic is a little different. The price per case of Abu peakabu/simple ultra and tykable onights are extremely close, for me hands down the simple ultra is the perfect nappy. The fit and softness as well as durability are just perfect for me however the tykables are also great but not quite as good a fit plus the padding is stiff and needs some massaging and occasionally I will tear a tape etc, I have had a few leaks with them but mainly due to fit on my body, I otherwise think there fantastic.
Now from the business perspective, littles down under who supply tykables are fantastic. Derek is extremely helpful and shipping is very fast etc I wish he supply’s Abu but maybe north shore in the future. Abu are not bad but if you need to contact them my experience has been poor. The ticket system is difficult very slow and in fact on one occasion no one responded at all. The stock issues are seriously frustrating but as previous comments suggest that maybe it’s a teething issue on an emerging market so let’s hope it improves. I love Abu products but the big thumbs up goes to littles down under for great support for all aussies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, at least with ABUniverse I have never had a time where I ordered what was listed as "In Stock" and had to wait weeks for them to resupply; which was what had happened when I order Tykables early in the year.

Nobody should list their products as "in stock" when they are sold out before stock even comes in, the seller (ABU, Tykables, whoever) should very well know how much is gonna be in an incoming shipment and when that shipment is sold it shouldn't matter that the Diapers are in their Warehouse, they are already spoken for and any customers after that will have to wait.

Listing something as in stock when it is already sold out is misleading and will get your hopes up only to have to wait weeks, perhaps even months; instead of what probably would of taken days if it was actually in stock.

Your experiences may vary, this was just my experience and it really irks me to be lead on to believe I will get an order of diapers in soon, only to find out they have been sold out before they even hit The United States

guest said:
unsure if tykables still have the shipping of canada

I think Rearz.ca is carrying tykables now?

I haven’t seen, and don’t see tykables on the rearz website?

Well, I got some info from a customer care representative. The plastic backing on all their products will have this new mat finish as seen on the shipment of SDKs I got. ABUniverse is transitioning more towards a medical products company, since that is the majority of their business. The representative claims that the new plastic backing is stronger than the old, so this change wasn't necessarily to the benefit of the wearer. It was a deliberate move to accommodate caregivers who assist developmentally disabled adults and older children. How do I know this? It's because I know for a fact there was nothing wrong with the outer backing on their older products. I don't believe that the ABDL population is in the majority here, and I also don't believe that ABUniverse is showing much favor to those who just "like" wearing them.

Buckle up....

Back