How do I 'initiate' my baby boys moods?

TungstenM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hey!
Before I met my baby boy I hadn't known about this community, and that was only around 7 months ago, two months after we got together.
I absolutely love being my baby boys mommy, I love playing with him, changing him, and adore the attention and care that goes into it. He's strictly an AB, and does often get very upset if anything sexual happens, but also prefers more to be more AB then sexual, and I enjoy that - as previously mentioned, I love him being in his baby moods.

More recently, he's wanted me to 'initiate' his moods, even if he doesnt want it to happen, and thats where the issue lies: How exactly do I do this?
What can I do to get him all childish, and take control even if he was playing games? Any ideas, tips, even scenarios would help greatly!

This would be amazing:

You're both watching TV together, and then, of the sudden, you start a tickle attack and cooing at him and then blowing a raspberry on his tummy. That's ought to get him into baby mood fairly quick!

One of my best caregivers had what she called 'the magic wrist band.' It was actually a green hair scrunchy. When she slipped that onto my wrist, I knew it was 'little' time for me, and that interlude lasted as long as 'the magic wrist band' stayed in place. You don't have to use a hair scrunchy, of course ... AB mittens, footies, or almost anything else will work.

You might want to have some penalty in place if he doesn't stop playing games, etc., fast enough to suit your schedule ... the penalty could range from a bath to a spanking. The key is for you to 'take charge' and manage his behavior to your expectations. I imagine that's what he's referring to when he asks you to 'initiate' your mommy/baby time. I find that the thing that 'zaps' regression most quickly is being asked what I want to do next. That doesn't mean you should have every second planned, but you have to lead the way and decide what goes first, what comes next, etc.

I've never actually lived with a caregiver; mine were all 'arranged' interludes with various babysitters over a period of about 30 years. If you're together 24/7, you might just 'take charge' by beginning to undress him or by talking to him in a certain 'motherly' voice. He may 'slip into' a regressed mode fairly easily and quickly, or it may be more difficult. Each of these situations will be individual and unique. I've found that having a set 'routine' in place becomes boring fairly quickly; adding your own unique style and personality into every 'little time' makes it fun and exciting for your baby boy ... and for you!

Last edited:
kik91 said:
This would be amazing:

You're both watching TV together, and then, of the sudden, you start a tickle attack and cooing at him and then blowing a raspberry on his tummy. That's ought to get him into baby mood fairly quick!

I second this as it sounds like it'd be a fun time.

You could gently take him by the hand and tell him it's time for baby's diaper, or it's time for baby's bath. Then take him to be diapered or give him a bath before diapering him. Have things setup before hand. He may start associating the sound of the tub filling with regression, and it will become a trigger for him.

I think it's very sweet that you have come to accept your baby boy and actually enjoy being in the role of caregiver.

Your question however, is a bit tricky to answer. I have been lucky enough to have had 3 Mommies in my life, but usually our Baby/Mommy time has been reached by mutual agreement, that is to say, I never initiated it solo and neither did they, we agreed on the best time together.

That being said, my current GF/Mommy, who is still long distance and online, has been making a more conscious effort than my previous Mommies to get me into Baby mode even when I'm not thinking about it at the time. She does this in very simple ways. It usually starts in basic conversation, she'll try to veer the conversation towards diapers, baby time and regressing and this draws out my baby side more. Sometimes, if she can tell that I'm tired she'll say, "why don't you get diapered up for a nap", if she thinks I'm hungry she'll ask me to prepare myself a bottle, if we say goodbye to each other and we are both going to be hitting the hay, she'll tell me to "wait a minute" and she'll read me a story :)

So, I suppose you could try that, try steering your regular conversations towards AB stuff, if you notice a change in your boys mood, use that as incentive to bring some aspect of baby time into the fray. I guess, just look for an in and take it and don't be afraid to initiate his moods with the simplest of things, sometimes it's those small details i.e. bottles, story time and nap time that bring out my baby side the most, it might be the same for your baby boy.

Best of luck :)

If you don't already know, ask him how old his baby is. Different babies have different ages. I am 3, so I can talk and play with trucks and blocks. Some are less than 1, and do smaller activities, like rattles and blankets.
Talking down to him may have the desired effect. Speak to his little character and pay no attention if he responds in adult speech. Just continue to act as if he were little. He should be there soon. The suggestion above are good stuff. You are the envy of a lot of guys here. We wish you good times and happiness.

There is a book I recommend. "There's Still a Baby in my Bed" by Rosalie Bent. It would help you establish a good parental relationship with the baby. You an find in at Amazon and others. I suggest you order it today. You will not be disappointed.

TungstenM said:
Hey!
Before I met my baby boy I hadn't known about this community, and that was only around 7 months ago, two months after we got together.
I absolutely love being my baby boys mommy, I love playing with him, changing him, and adore the attention and care that goes into it. He's strictly an AB, and does often get very upset if anything sexual happens, but also prefers more to be more AB then sexual, and I enjoy that - as previously mentioned, I love him being in his baby moods.

More recently, he's wanted me to 'initiate' his moods, even if he doesnt want it to happen, and thats where the issue lies: How exactly do I do this?
What can I do to get him all childish, and take control even if he was playing games? Any ideas, tips, even scenarios would help greatly!

I would spank his hand a bit when he grabs the remote control. And say in baby talk the you would to a real baby, "Are you dry and comfy baby boy?" "Let's get you ready for a nap". Then diaper him and get it going. Give him his Nook. If he stays in Man Mode, just keep up the mommy routine ha ha !

Treat him as the baby he is, my wife/mummy just starts being mummy. But I am in diapers almost 24/7 now and because of this I regress really easily.

Something my mummy did when she decided she wanted a baby in her life was throw away all most all my underwear and filled my underwear draw with my diapers. I when to my draw after a shower not knowing what she had done. I opened the draw and saw my under wear was gone, she stood there and asked is everything ok. I nodded and she told me thats what babies wear not those big boy pants. It was an Incredable moment. Since then she just treats me little when she wants to and I cant help it I regress straight into babyhood.
Tell him sweat things like he's your cute baby and he will regress.

sbmccue said:
One of my best caregivers had what she called 'the magic wrist band.' It was actually a green hair scrunchy. When she slipped that onto my wrist, I knew it was 'little' time for me, and that interlude lasted as long as 'the magic wrist band' stayed in place. You don't have to use a hair scrunchy, of course ... AB mittens, footies, or almost anything else will work.

You might want to have some penalty in place if he doesn't stop playing games, etc., fast enough to suit your schedule ... the penalty could range from a bath to a spanking. The key is for you to 'take charge' and manage his behavior to your expectations. I imagine that's what he's referring to when he asks you to 'initiate' your mommy/baby time. I find that the thing that 'zaps' regression most quickly is being asked what I want to do next. That doesn't mean you should have every second planned, but you have to lead the way and decide what goes first, what comes next, etc.

I've never actually lived with a caregiver; mine were all 'arranged' interludes with various babysitters over a period of about 30 years. If you're together 24/7, you might just 'take charge' by beginning to undress him or by talking to him in a certain 'motherly' voice. He may 'slip into' a regressed mode fairly easily and quickly, or it may be more difficult. Each of these situations will be individual and unique. I've found that having a set 'routine' in place becomes boring fairly quickly; adding your own unique style and personality into every 'little time' makes it fun and exciting for your baby boy ... and for you!

Aweh, thank you for your detailed response. I've already tried this method, but it doesnt work. I noticed it does if his teddy is in the room he is in though. I really hope you find someone, because as you probably know it is certainly an experience, and I wouldn't change the world for it :)

ORBaby said:
You could gently take him by the hand and tell him it's time for baby's diaper, or it's time for baby's bath. Then take him to be diapered or give him a bath before diapering him. Have things setup before hand. He may start associating the sound of the tub filling with regression, and it will become a trigger for him.
I've never actually given him a bath yet, he almost always takes showers. Thinking about it, this could be an amazing idea and should get him to regress if I go buy some ducks and stuff. Thank you for your suggestion, this seems a brilliant idea :)

Poofybutt said:
I think it's very sweet that you have come to accept your baby boy and actually enjoy being in the role of caregiver.

Your question however, is a bit tricky to answer. I have been lucky enough to have had 3 Mommies in my life, but usually our Baby/Mommy time has been reached by mutual agreement, that is to say, I never initiated it solo and neither did they, we agreed on the best time together.

That being said, my current GF/Mommy, who is still long distance and online, has been making a more conscious effort than my previous Mommies to get me into Baby mode even when I'm not thinking about it at the time. She does this in very simple ways. It usually starts in basic conversation, she'll try to veer the conversation towards diapers, baby time and regressing and this draws out my baby side more. Sometimes, if she can tell that I'm tired she'll say, "why don't you get diapered up for a nap", if she thinks I'm hungry she'll ask me to prepare myself a bottle, if we say goodbye to each other and we are both going to be hitting the hay, she'll tell me to "wait a minute" and she'll read me a story :)

So, I suppose you could try that, try steering your regular conversations towards AB stuff, if you notice a change in your boys mood, use that as incentive to bring some aspect of baby time into the fray. I guess, just look for an in and take it and don't be afraid to initiate his moods with the simplest of things, sometimes it's those small details i.e. bottles, story time and nap time that bring out my baby side the most, it might be the same for your baby boy.

Best of luck :)
As previously stated, thank you for your long thoughtful post! I've never actually talked to him simply whilst he's feeling like a big boy (which in reality he isn't) and slowly gone down that path, but I could see it working - So thank you :) As for your current mommy, I really hope you meet up and have a future together, because as you know, it is an experience that I will never regret having :)

BlueGrey said:
If you don't already know, ask him how old his baby is. Different babies have different ages. I am 3, so I can talk and play with trucks and blocks. Some are less than 1, and do smaller activities, like rattles and blankets.
Talking down to him may have the desired effect. Speak to his little character and pay no attention if he responds in adult speech. Just continue to act as if he were little. He should be there soon. The suggestion above are good stuff. You are the envy of a lot of guys here. We wish you good times and happiness.

There is a book I recommend. "There's Still a Baby in my Bed" by Rosalie Bent. It would help you establish a good parental relationship with the baby. You an find in at Amazon and others. I suggest you order it today. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you for your post, he says he feels two, and usually talks words with a few syllables, and can go a few days not wanting his pacifier to wanting it all the time. He is really cute when he changes his choice on that. I'll have a look at the book, it does look interesting! - Also, could you explain I'm the envy for a lot of people? I don't quite get that :)
extremecomfy said:
I would spank his hand a bit when he grabs the remote control. And say in baby talk the you would to a real baby, "Are you dry and comfy baby boy?" "Let's get you ready for a nap". Then diaper him and get it going. Give him his Nook. If he stays in Man Mode, just keep up the mommy routine ha ha !
Now that seems like a way to go, I tend to go from very strict to very passive, so we'll have to see.

ABdrew said:
Treat him as the baby he is, my wife/mummy just starts being mummy. But I am in diapers almost 24/7 now and because of this I regress really easily.

Something my mummy did when she decided she wanted a baby in her life was throw away all most all my underwear and filled my underwear draw with my diapers. I when to my draw after a shower not knowing what she had done. I opened the draw and saw my under wear was gone, she stood there and asked is everything ok. I nodded and she told me thats what babies wear not those big boy pants. It was an Incredable moment. Since then she just treats me little when she wants to and I cant help it I regress straight into babyhood.
Tell him sweat things like he's your cute baby and he will regress.

Hehe, this sounds great! Would love to see his eyes just turn to me in what will either be tears or cuteness (Oh wait, both will be cute :))
kik91 said:
This would be amazing:

Now this sounds brilliant! I will have to give this one a go :)

Reactions: extremecomfy
If you've yet to give him a bath, you'll find this a rewarding experience. As ORBaby notes, a structured bath time may serve as a regression trigger of sorts.

The toys are relatively unimportant. I have a rubber duck and a set of stacking cups; that's it. But the smell of baby wash and bubble bath is addicting ... there's no other word for it. My current babysitter undresses me and has me stand naked on the bath mat while she fills the bathtub. Once I'm sitting in the bubbles, she likes to kneel beside the tub and pull my head to her, then she cradles me against her chest while she washes me. It's much more comfortable than it sounds!

I can easily divide all my caregivers into two camps: Those who preferred giving me languid baths, and those who just want to get me in, get me cleaned up and get me out.

There are advantages to both styles. If you're just bathing him to get him to begin a regression time, or when you just want to get him clean, dressed and off playing or whatever, the in-and-out bath time might be appropriate. If you haven't yet changed a dirty diaper (also a good time to see tears or cuteness on his part, believe it or not!) you may find that a quick bath can be the best way to get him cleaned up. But I know most ABs also enjoy the long soak-type baths, especially right before bed.

Feel free to let us know things you've done and not yet done. It's a little difficult to suggest specific techniques or experiences when we don't know at what level you're comfortable.

sbmccue said:
If you've yet to give him a bath, you'll find this a rewarding experience. As ORBaby notes, a structured bath time may serve as a regression trigger of sorts.

The toys are relatively unimportant. I have a rubber duck and a set of stacking cups; that's it. But the smell of baby wash and bubble bath is addicting ... there's no other word for it. My current babysitter undresses me and has me stand naked on the bath mat while she fills the bathtub. Once I'm sitting in the bubbles, she likes to kneel beside the tub and pull my head to her, then she cradles me against her chest while she washes me. It's much more comfortable than it sounds!

I can easily divide all my caregivers into two camps: Those who preferred giving me languid baths, and those who just want to get me in, get me cleaned up and get me out.

There are advantages to both styles. If you're just bathing him to get him to begin a regression time, or when you just want to get him clean, dressed and off playing or whatever, the in-and-out bath time might be appropriate. If you haven't yet changed a dirty diaper (also a good time to see tears or cuteness on his part, believe it or not!) you may find that a quick bath can be the best way to get him cleaned up. But I know most ABs also enjoy the long soak-type baths, especially right before bed.

Feel free to let us know things you've done and not yet done. It's a little difficult to suggest specific techniques or experiences when we don't know at what level you're comfortable.

Hi sbm, it really does sound like an amazing idea and I truly believe it will be a rewarding and touching experience for us both. And, I'm always the person to ensure he's comfortable, always have been and always tried to calm him down.
As for a dirty diaper, yeah I've changed one. He really doesn't like being messy, but sometimes doesnt mind if he is feeling extremely babyish. I remember exactly, he was trying to hide himself away with everything beside him, and also push my hands away at the same time. It was probably the cutest thing I've seen him do to date :)

sbmccue said:
The toys are relatively unimportant. I have a rubber duck and a set of stacking cups; that's it. But the smell of baby wash and bubble bath is addicting ... there's no other word for it.

Definitely baby wash and bubble bath. I don't have any bath toys, but it would not be the same without the baby wash (smells are triggers), and the bubbles are just so much fun.

TungstenM said:
- Also, could you explain I'm the envy for a lot of people? I don't quite get that :)

Most guys in our position finds ourselves either alone or with someone who despises or tolerates our disability. There are a few, like you, who make your guy feel welcome and happy. Thanks for being good to him.

TungstenM said:
As for a dirty diaper, yeah I've changed one. He really doesn't like being messy, but sometimes doesnt mind if he is feeling extremely babyish. I remember exactly, he was trying to hide himself away with everything beside him, and also push my hands away at the same time. It was probably the cutest thing I've seen him do to date :)

If he's autistic, I imagine the sensation of messy pants can be very upsetting unless he's fully regressed. My current nanny says she finds my embarrassment while she's changing me very cute, which is why she doesn't mind dirty diapers. But I have to be very heavily regressed before I don't even notice that I'm making a mess.

To echo what BlueGrey said, you're the epitome of an understanding and loving partner. Mine told me long before we were married that she would not tolerate my infantilism in our married life, and - like most ABs - I thought I could sublimate the desire. I've come to believe that one cannot suppress it; this tendency will be a part of your little guy when he's old and grey.

For his sake, I hope he has you along for the journey.

sbmccue said:
If he's autistic, I imagine the sensation of messy pants can be very upsetting unless he's fully regressed. My current nanny says she finds my embarrassment while she's changing me very cute, which is why she doesn't mind dirty diapers. But I have to be very heavily regressed before I don't even notice that I'm making a mess.

To echo what BlueGrey said, you're the epitome of an understanding and loving partner. Mine told me long before we were married that she would not tolerate my infantilism in our married life, and - like most ABs - I thought I could sublimate the desire. I've come to believe that one cannot suppress it; this tendency will be a part of your little guy when he's old and grey.

For his sake, I hope he has you along for the journey.

Perfectly stated sbmccue. I second it. If only SO's could understand how this dynamic can actually strengthen a relationship. But for some it is a bridge way to long to cross and worse yet refuse to talk about it.

Wow, I’m actually surprised. That’s given me a lot of insight into just how neglected this community is from those who fail to see it. I’m personally proud to be in this community especially for my baby boy.

I’ll be truthful, having this relationship has strengthened our bond between each other, and if he were to ever split up I wouldn’t only be losing my partner, but my baby boy aswell.

Unfortunately, 'neglect' is an appropriate word. While most of the world just ignores us or is happily ignorant of the AB community, there are various 'haters' out there who either think we're all child molesters or don't want us to exist at all. Many do not seem to understand that we're harming no one, asking nothing of them, and that we just seek to exist in some degree of contentment ... not an unrealistic expectation, one would think.

I've had various paid babysitters over the past several decades, and most have evidenced your reaction: AB care isn't something that will go on their resumé, but they thought it was easy (and sometimes fun) work and didn't have a problem providing the attention I needed.

Many of us, however, have spouses or SOs who aren't so broad-minded. I think it's helpful if the spouse or SO has a sense of 'play' about her (I use the female pronoun because most, but not all of us are male) and sees the role-play required for AB care as a fun dynamic. For whatever reason, however, many infantilists seem to attract SOs who have about as much 'play' about them as, say, a Wehrmacht Sergeant. In those cases, our plights seldom receive a sympathetic ear.

As I see it, your little guy is very lucky.

TungstenM said:
Wow, I’m actually surprised. That’s given me a lot of insight into just how neglected this community is from those who fail to see it. I’m personally proud to be in this community especially for my baby boy.

I’ll be truthful, having this relationship has strengthened our bond between each other, and if he were to ever split up I wouldn’t only be losing my partner, but my baby boy aswell.

I think over time you two will become "welded" at the heart, at least that is my hope for you.

Well, first improvements I guess.
I had took his hand whilst we were watching a movie and lead him to the bath. I had run the bath, put him into the bedroom and undressed him and I had given him a little raspberry. That little trick surprisingly actually got him very childish, so that'll be my go to.
Anyway, long story short he had a very nice bubble bath, splashing about and for whatever reason trying to eat the bubbles. It was cute, really cute. It felt like a new stage in my motherly bond with him :)

Back