Best diapers for public wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ID Slip Super are very discreet but absorbent!

ID Slip super swells up hugely in the front when wet, just like Betterdry diapers. Maybe not as much as Betterdry, but still.
I do wear ID slip super as my normal diaper during work hours. It is a good affordable diaper.

I find most any Taped diapers work when I go out as long as i wear a snug pair of plastic pants over them. They stay up wet or dry and the plastic pants are a great backup for me

I only wear cloth diapers and PUL pants over them. haven't had any problems.

I wear ABU Space or Rearz Rebels/Princess. I usually go out in skinny jeans or skirts. Leggings can be a problem but so far jeans and skirts have been fine.

ABDLErica73 said:
I wear ABU Space or Rearz Rebels/Princess. I usually go out in skinny jeans or skirts. Leggings can be a problem but so far jeans and skirts have been fine.

Skirts are pretty diaper-friendly though, makes me wish they were more of an option for the guys ;)

I wear Tranquility ATN almost exclusively. I usually have a booster of the same brand for day and night wearing. They CAN be noisy but I wear a undershirt/tanktop that I put over the diaper and then pull boxer briefs over them creating a bit of a onesie affect. By the time shirt, pants and belt are tight nothing is visible or audible.

Bulge can become an issue as they do swell but if wetting is positioned to the middle/back rather than all in front you should be good. I've gone an entire workday unless I'm intentionally flooding but even that will carry me 4-5hrs. Absorbency is great and the price is better. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Like some of the others are saying, better quality thicker tape on diapers with a bit of bulge is less noticeable than wet pants, pull-ups will only catch so much and don't seal as well.

My current go to is Plastic backed Abena M4 with Rears booster(s). I haven't gotten any comments so far.
No one is looking at your butt, people are too busy in their own lives to notice any bulge. But they will notice wet pants, that's much more noticeable than bulk :p

I like the unique wellness superio diapers for work and going to town. They are thin and quiet under normal clothing. They absorb alot, but it takes a minute if you flood them. They become like scary squishy, but rarely leak after 3 heavy wettings. They hold up well while sleeping if you point urself down. (males)

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

I just bought a half case (40)Tykables Little Builders in Medium for discreet daytime wear. Excellent print diaper for stealth, comfort, absorbency, and confidence. I wore them to work (a professional setting) and wet periodically throughout a 10 hour period before driving home. I wet more in my car and did not experience any press out leaks. Of course they expanded when wet, and that time I certainly knew I had a diaper on, but they were still not noticeable to the untrained eye. Once home, my wife never questioned or commented that I had a quite soggy diaper on. I highly recommend Tykables Little Builders as an excellent daytime diaper at 3500 ml capacity. They are also good for night time wear. If you want more absorbency you can always put in your favorite cloth or disposable absorbency pad.

Best diaper for public wear is thick enough to get you through the period you need to. Whilst thin enough to still be discrete.
In reality it is a compromise and better having some bulk, than obviously wet pants

I think each person will have their own opinion. I for one love my Northshore Supremes as well as the total dry x-plus for day wear, I have worn crinklz and ABU space and paws out for the day as well usually with jeans. I am at the point that as long as I know I wont have a leak I am happy and comfortable, I do not worry if someone sees (unless it were family lol) and if I think I am going to wet heavily then I wear some Gary active briefs over my diapers.

I wear a cloth diaper and plastic pants or an assurance belted brief with extra absorption

Do the Wellness Superio diapers have good refastenable tapes? I wear Tena Slips under my pants with a couple of boosters. The tapes are great as I can readjust them when I first slip a diaper on. How’s about capacity for added boosters in a Superio? I’m curious about the Superioslimmer fit.

CLPP said:
Do the Wellness Superio diapers have good refastenable tapes? I wear Tena Slips under my pants with a couple of boosters. The tapes are great as I can readjust them when I first slip a diaper on. How’s about capacity for added boosters in a Superio? I’m curious about the Superioslimmer fit.

It's been years since I wore a Superio, so take this with a grain of salt. They have a taping panel, so they are refastenable but I wouldn't rely on that more than once or twice (not a knock on them, just a general observation about tapes and taping panels). They were fairly thin and not very noisy and they were one of the first diapers I encountered that swelled significantly. Tena Slip Maxis were better and higher capacity for the same kind of thing, so I used them instead when that was what I wanted. When Tena Slip Maxis became unavailable/changed, there were other diapers that slipped into that functional slot and the Superio was too expensive for what it was for me to go back to it. My general feeling is that it's a decent enough discreet diaper but it needs to cost about 20% less.

Trevor said:
It's been years since I wore a Superio, so take this with a grain of salt. They have a taping panel, so they are refastenable but I wouldn't rely on that more than once or twice (not a knock on them, just a general observation about tapes and taping panels). They were fairly thin and not very noisy and they were one of the first diapers I encountered that swelled significantly. Tena Slip Maxis were better and higher capacity for the same kind of thing, so I used them instead when that was what I wanted. When Tena Slip Maxis became unavailable/changed, there were other diapers that slipped into that functional slot and the Superio was too expensive for what it was for me to go back to it. My general feeling is that it's a decent enough discreet diaper but it needs to cost about 20% less.[/QUOTE

Thanks!! Good info!

Best diapers wearing public. Tough question. It depends.
On time of year . Summer or winter ( cloth backed or PE)
Type of clothing ( Standard slip or flex type)
Where are you and what are doing.
How long it will take until next change.
( absobtion levels)

There is no magic diaper for all ocasion and situations. Best way to test and keep more types of diapers,

wearforsafety said:
Best diapers wearing public. Tough question. It depends.
On time of year . Summer or winter ( cloth backed or PE)
Type of clothing ( Standard slip or flex type)
Where are you and what are doing.
How long it will take until next change.
( absobtion levels)

There is no magic diaper for all ocasion and situations. Best way to test and keep more types of diapers,

Agreed! Must do more science!

attachment.php

I wear cloth contour diapers and Gary PUL diaper covers Contour diapers are a little less bulky and have the thickness where it is needed. I wear prefold diapers at night, they have more thickness om the sides for side sleeping.

The old Tena Slip Maxi was a great performing discreet diaper with non baggy clothes that you couldn’t hide a bigger diaper under. Then they got rid of them :( the new version is still a decent option, but not as good as the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back