Best diapers for public wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circa211

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Does anybody have recommendations for the best for public, discreet wear?

I know pull-ups don't usually hold a lot and I know there is going to be some bulk with larger ones.

For those of you who wear in public, what do you suggest? Is there a diaper with a good balance of high containment and low visibility?
Or at least, the best that there can be...

Well... I think Molicare will do the trick here. It has quite a nice capacity and is pretty thin in both dry and wet states. Also, I find, that they also have the best fit out of all medical brands I tried, including Abena, that I use now on daily basis...

circa211 said:
Does anybody have recommendations for the best for public, discreet wear?

I know pull-ups don't usually hold a lot and I know there is going to be some bulk with larger ones.

For those of you who wear in public, what do you suggest? Is there a diaper with a good balance of high containment and low visibility?
Or at least, the best that there can be...

This is going to vary depending on your own definition of what "discrete" is, as well as how well hydrated you are, and of course how much you intend to wet your diaper.

If you only wet a little bit, then molicare would be one decent option. However, if you wet a lot then Molicare will have a high chance of leaking. And a thin diaper that has leaked is way less discrete than a thick one that has done its job. For heavy wetting I highly recommend Betterdry.

Preschool by abu or little builders by tykables

Use plastic pants until you are comfortable with the capacity of the diaper.

I would agree with slomo. A leaky thin diaper is way worse then a big and bulky diaper is. I’ve given up on worrying about finding a thin discrete diaper. I wear Crinklz and ABU Diapers along with north shore Supreme and mega max. No one will notice the diaper under your clothing. I use a onesie to hide any shirt ride ups but they not always necessarily needed. They just help me feel more confident.

I wear Gary Wear active briefs they cover the wrinkle nose, and if you happen to leak they are great for that also. Just be sure to check sizes.

I wear Betterdry or Crinklz diapers 24/7 a thicker diaper is less noticeable then wet pants due to a thinner diaper fail.
wear onesize up pants in a darker colour and no one will notice.

I agree using thicker diaper is better for public wear so that it doesn't leak and gives away the tell tale signs of wet pants.

No one is going to notice regardless of thick or thin.

I agree with Mayhem ... no one is likely to notice unless the diaper is very thick and very obvious. My favorite 'outdoor' diaper is Tena Slip Active ... or was, when they were actually available. They've since become quite hard to find, and I'm holding onto the last 6 or so I have. When I have to go out now, I wear a pocket diaper; the slight 'front' bulge isn't really noticeable.

I would add an asterisk to the "nobody notices" part. They will notice IF you don't wear pants that can easily accomodate the added bulk (usually one size larger than you normally wear). People around you will notice a diaper bulge under tight pants.

People you are around frequently may also notice if you repeatedly go back and forth from wearing a thick diaper to none at all. It isn't the bulk they notice, but the difference in going back and forth.

That, and other things that make it obvious you're wearing a diaper is what people notice. Things like wearing a standard length shirt and reaching up to grab something or bending over, which will expose the diaper's waist band. Or not drinking enough water, which will concentrate your pee and make is smell much worse. Waddling or sitting funny because you're not used to the bulk is another way to make it obvious. Avoid all of these common mistakes, and yeah 99.999% of all people around you simply will not notice.

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
I am going to try total dry overnight for my day time diaper. I am not working a 6am to 3:30pm job anymore so i have the time to play now.
Have two bags coming for a trail.

I wear BetterDry or ConfiDry 4/7. They’re rather bulky, but diaper bulge in the seat of your pants is much better than a wet spot.

Slomo said:

People you are around frequently may also notice if you repeatedly go back and forth from wearing a thick diaper to none at all. It isn't the bulk they notice, but the difference in going back and forth.

This is also a matter of the clothes you wear. ;)

Tenas are great for public wear, I find I can even (usually) get away with skinny jeans with them. Even the maxi and ultima (the most absorbant products) are very thin, at least until they get wet.

Tens Slip Maxi usually with a booster pad or two under a pair of Abena fitting pants to keep it all in place. I tend to wear carpenter-style canvas slacks and loose-fitting hiking shorts so only the most trained eye can tell i’m Wearing a diaper. Frankly I don’t care anyway. I’m a diaper lover!

Redbird said:
Preschool by abu or little builders by tykables

I'll second Little Builders. Both them and Preschool were designed for "everyday discrete wear with modest capacity". I find the Little Builders fit better and are thinner when dry, so they are both discrete and comfortable under tight fitting clothes like I have to wear to work. (preschool start getting into "ball-crusher" territory sometimes) They also are slightly less likely to clump when dry. And then there's the velcro, and front waist elastic too. So they make a very comfy/practical/discrete wear-to-class or wear-to-work diaper. Just don't expect to wet them more than once without getting risky.

I'd really rather wear something thicker during the day, but comfort trumps that.

the one that doesn't bother you when you are wearing it, if you're going to keep looking at it constantly even the most paper thin diaper is going to be less discreet then some of the thicker offerings given the right size up of clothing on someone acting with confidence. Another consideration is how much you plan to use it, if you need something absorbent you don't want the thinnest diaper. If you want something that is like absorbent jockey shorts, depends with tabs will do the job, using a stuffer makes them work decent enough while still thin... remember people aren't looking at your butt unless you give them a reason to.

I would say wear what you want, but also be discreet about it, as long as your diaper is covered and you don't mess around other people (if you can help it, some people really cant due to IC), then I dont see what the problem is, and better to wear what is too thick and absorbent rather than too thin for your needs and end up leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back