"drops" ratings

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I was just stopping by XP Medical to see if they had anything new. Oh they do, they're carrying Rearz Safari now too, neat. Opened the detail page and was surprised to see them rated "5 of 6 drops" for capacity. Really? I assume this means they have something higher capacity that maxes out their scale. They list Safari as "capacity to hold up to 182 ounces". I wonder what they have that's more absorbent than Safari?

So I look at Confidry 24/7, one of their "flagship" products. Wait, what? SIX drops? OK now I'm curious to see how much they think a Confidry will hold... "designed and tested to hold up to an incredible 95 ounces"

Yep, that's right. 95 ounces gets 6 drops, and 182 ounces gets FIVE. Double the capacity, and lose a drop.

That really grinds my gears. :cursing:

bambinod said:
So I was just stopping by XP Medical to see if they had anything new. Oh they do, they're carrying Rearz Safari now too, neat. Opened the detail page and was surprised to see them rated "5 of 6 drops" for capacity. Really? I assume this means they have something higher capacity that maxes out their scale. They list Safari as "capacity to hold up to 182 ounces". I wonder what they have that's more absorbent than Safari?

So I look at Confidry 24/7, one of their "flagship" products. Wait, what? SIX drops? OK now I'm curious to see how much they think a Confidry will hold... "designed and tested to hold up to an incredible 95 ounces"

Yep, that's right. 95 ounces gets 6 drops, and 182 ounces gets FIVE. Double the capacity, and lose a drop.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all, Dry 24/7s are good, but not that good; most ABDL Diapers are quite a bit better than Dry 24/7s so their ratings makes no sense to begin with.

bambinod said:

This is why XP Medical is #FAKENEWS

I feel bad for Garry, he built a reliable business that went down by the way side after he sold it, I mean they still sell products, they deliver on time, but the company lost its personality and is just another place that wants to make a profit over customer satisfaction.

I just bought the SAFARI from xp. Service was great..

bambinod said:

Those total capacity ratings are not their true measurement rating. It's how long they last under real world conditions- before leaking. And yes, I can confirm a confidry diaper will last longer on me than safari will- before either one leaks.

I am pretty sure those drops are not meant to only describe absorbency, but also effectiveness of the product. I know if you look on their massive diaper review page it will show more info than just "how much it absorbs".

If you want a good diaper review you have acknowledge, absorbing time, press-out, wicking distance, and etc.

You can have a diaper that absorbs 2000 oz, but if it takes like 60 secs to absorb that is plenty of time for it to run to the edge and leak....
Same goes for if a diaper absorbs 2000 oz but has horrible wicking distance. You will probably only be using like 25% of the diapers max absorbing and it will leak cause its not channeling the liquid throughout the whole thing.

2000 oz and horrible press-out would mean the diaper has barely any in S.A.P. and would have increased chance of rash because it would become a moist soggy swamp damp environment.

kratox said:
I am pretty sure those drops are not meant to only describe absorbency, but also effectiveness of the product. I know if you look on their massive diaper review page it will show more info than just "how much it absorbs".

If you want a good diaper review you have acknowledge, absorbing time, press-out, wicking distance, and etc.

You can have a diaper that absorbs 2000 oz, but if it takes like 60 secs to absorb that is plenty of time for it to run to the edge and leak....
Same goes for if a diaper absorbs 2000 oz but has horrible wicking distance. You will probably only be using like 25% of the diapers max absorbing and it will leak cause its not channeling the liquid throughout the whole thing.

2000 oz and horrible press-out would mean the diaper has barely any in S.A.P. and would have increased chance of rash because it would become a moist soggy swamp damp environment.

That is correct. Way back when xpmedical first got started, the original owner came up with a series of standardized tests for all the various diapers. It's more of a wet an exact amount, wait some time, give it a sit down press, then repeate till it leaks. His was possibly the first real-world testing anyone had ever started doing. And while nowhere perfect, it has been a great gauge for showing those iso ratings are no good.

I have found that whatever a diaper is rated to, you will may get half (maybe a bit more than half) of the stated absorbency because stated absorbency is in a lab test with water that gets poured into the diaper to test its absolute limit.

Diapers can absorb quite a bit more water than pee, so no matter what you are gonna get way less than is stated; and that's without adding in any situation that could press on the diaper and could cause a leak way before its "stated absorbency".

geez, it is as complicated as buying a car!!!

Yesterday I wore a Rearz Safari all day.Yes 8 hours and I am on a water pill that will make you go wet all day long.
The result was NO LEAKS and a very FULL diaper.
In fact I have never wet this much in a diaper with no leaks.You won't beat how this diaper can do the job.
I try and match the diaper on what it will be used for. I have several printed styles that for daytime use...not nightime.
Those are "My Diaper" style from Cooshie and the Pride diaper from ABDL

clothbaby said:
Yesterday I wore a Rearz Safari all day.Yes 8 hours and I am on a water pill that will make you go wet all day long.
The result was NO LEAKS and a very FULL diaper.
In fact I have never wet this much in a diaper with no leaks.You won't beat how this diaper can do the job.
I try and match the diaper on what it will be used for. I have several printed styles that for daytime use...not nightime.
Those are "My Diaper" style from Cooshie and the Pride diaper from ABDL

Yeah, 8 hours without leaks is about the best I've ever gotten out of a Rearz diaper too. I can easily beat that though. Have you tried Betterdry/Crinklz? I can wet one of those the same constant amount and get them to last up to 14-16 hours without leaking.

Yes,I have tried both and they are also SUPER diapers for all night.Buy cheap and you will not get quality. "My Diaper" also are great daytime diapers.

bambinod said:

XP Medical doesn't even work in all browsers anymore XD

Slomo said:
That is correct. Way back when xpmedical first got started, the original owner came up with a series of standardized tests for all the various diapers. It's more of a wet an exact amount, wait some time, give it a sit down press, then repeate till it leaks. His was possibly the first real-world testing anyone had ever started doing. And while nowhere perfect, it has been a great gauge for showing those iso ratings are no good.

I don't care how you test, there's just no way a safari has half the capacity of a confidry. If anything, the safari should be 2-3x the capacity and performance, at a minimum

bambinod said:
I don't care how you test, there's just no way a safari has half the capacity of a confidry. If anything, the safari should be 2-3x the capacity and performance, at a minimum

It isn't their total capacity we're talking about though. It's their capacity before leaking. And you have to remember, the "no lower tapes" on diapers like safari will mean very early leaking for a lot of people simple because they do not allow for a snug fit ALL the way around the legs. For those they conform to, they work like a premium diaper. For those they don't conform to they work no better than an ATN or Wellness diaper. Hence the lower rating.

Though in all fairness I'd bet that high rating for the confidry is based on the old version when they still worked really good. The current version is probably no better than a safari now, maybe worse.

I would't give anything to "drops" and test that are not standardised. As already mentioned here: There are to relevant values: ABL (Absorption Before Leakage) and the AS (Absorption Speed). Both are tested with standardised methods and this is what makes the diapers comparable.

If you interested in more detail you may find this here:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/118983-Iso-119480-1

and here (search for NWSP 354.0.R1)

https://www.edana.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/toc-cover-preamble.pdf?sfvrsn=1

Back