Bedwetters, are you trying to stay dry?

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey all my fellow bed wetters. I'm curious where you stand with your symptoms... Are you doing anything to try and get better, or do you just let the chips fall at this point?

I struggled with bedweting on and off all the way into my teens. Like many others it made for some tramatic memories of fights, diapers, punishment, embarrassment, etc. While diapers became a thing for me when I was young, I fought the "need" for them and hated them at the same time that I wanted them, if that makes sense...

Now into my adult life, bedweting came back with a vengeance... Now, I am a DL and my wife is very vanilla, so while I'd rather never had to deal with bedweting again, it was nice to finally be able to wear diapers again. 9 years later, I'm still in diapers almost every night.

Like I've said in other posts, sometimes I'm dry for a couple weeks at a time, sometimes I'm wet every night. Sometimes I just don't want to wear a diaper and if I've been dry for a while, I'll risk a night here or there... Though that had failed me more that once in the last several years...

To answer the question for myself, there are times off and on that I've worked really hard to try and stay dry... All the normal stuff, no drinks past 5, sitting on the toilet until I feel like I'm completely empty, setting an alarm to pee in the middle of the night, male keegle exercises, etc. It honestly helps a little, but it's never fixed the issue, and, what a pain! The bottom line is, I honestly hate being dependants on diapers, but I do love wearing them. I wish I didn't need them, but I haven't been working hard lately to prevent accidents.

How about you?

Just wear em' every night and the bed wetting is done. How many times do you want to change the bed or get a new mattress? How many times do you want to wake up to go to the bathroom?

Let the chips fall where they may, and don't let yourself get dehydrated from not drinking enough water.

I'm 60 years old and trying to use less foley catheters at night. Once you hit my age you'd go on a three state killing spree just to get a good nights sleep. (Please never do that, it's just an expression.)

I wear NorthShore Supreme Briefs, X-Large, a NorthShore Booster Pads with Adhesive, X-Large, plastic pants, and a Dignity Washable Pant with Built-In Protective Pouch - Extra Large 48" - 56" (Keeps the plastic from rubbing on your thighs.) from Allegro every night. (No I'm not a spokesperson for these companies.) This setup can take a full nights wetting and I only have to wake up a little just to relax and let the pee flow. Roll over and you're back to sleep in no time.

Clean up and/or shower in the morning, slip on a new diaper if you need or I just hop into a pull-up style with my simple urge incontinence that I've managed to keep in control.

Take control of it, don't let it control you. Since you're a DL, be a DL.

Hey srmousse I had only minor problems in my childhood but unfortunatly still bettwetting problemes since my IC began a couple of years ago. Meanwhile I’m mostly continent at daytime again but I still have problems at night. Not every night but round about 10 wet nights a month. I still have the hope that I can improve my continence at night and doing my exercices. How ever - the point is that I don’t like to take Tolterodin anymore because of the side effects. It helped a bit but compared to the problems that it makes, diaper are for now the better choice. And it’s also a bit like other allready mentioned: I don’t like to arange my live around my IC anymore. So I know what happens if I have to much coffee or beer - but I also don’t like to forgo all the thinks that I liked before. So I take a diaper in that case and let the chips fall.

No I have been a bedwetter most of my life. I now embrace it and would never want to wake up dry.

Hi srmousse, I think I understand where you are coming from. I have been a bed wetter all my life, with some dry nights at times, too. I've never had a long stretch of dry nights, just maybe 2 or 3 weeks--then back to wetting. I really like diapers and the soft, comforting feeling they give me, but I like waking up in a dry bed, too. I just wear my diapers at night and let things happen as they may. The usual things of restricting fluids and setting alarms never worked very well for me, so i just do what is reasonable and sleep with my diapers on. Hang in there, and good luck.

hey leio not sure where you are from but you should look at northshore they are great people and have a very wide selection of pads pull ups and diapers to choose from

xolyshaxo said:
No I have been a bedwetter most of my life. I now embrace it and would never want to wake up dry.

I wouldn't want to be dry at night either

- - - Updated - - -

I wet the bed so what.

I personally always try to keep my bed dry overnight. Though I also know purposefully dehydrating yourself is really bad, as are the side effects of most every medication out there. That's why I only use the most premium diapers, as well as a bed mat and mattress protector. Whith this setup I can drink what I want, wake up with a wet diaper, and more importantlly a dry bed.

Not as of YET a Bed wetter still ONLY Nocturia (not by urine utliest did as very young girl tho as well as day time MANY " accidents", Continuasly with Poo tho ) thank god but judging from how things have progressed this short time since i had to go 24 /7 (roughly 2 years ) AND the MANY risk factors i have to get this crap :frown: I will do EVERYTHING within my power to keep my bed dry so as im alredy heavily diapered and PVC or PUL pants 24 / 7 and also fully protected IC bed wear and IC mattress cover i hope i will be able to maintain a dry bed in the future as well :sweatdrop:

I'm a pretty new bedwetter, I think the hypno tapes got me... I don't want to regain control. I like my diapees

I’ve wet the bed on and off most of my life, mostly off. I prefer when I’m wetting by choice and not because it just happens, but I also don’t particularly try to stop it. For a little bit in college, after it was gone for a few years, I even intentionally started making myself wet again. Like a fool.

I like being wet sometimes, but it’s pretty inconvenient when you wet a hotel bed or something. So usually diapers when I’m not at home. I’ve mostly been getting lucky lately, mostly wetting only when I have a diaper on already. But it’s inconvenient. Inconvenient enough that I generally wish I didn’t.

I have wet the bed my entire life right thru my teens and now well into adulthood. I am ABDL (Obviously) but the bedwetting is and always as been genuine as is my daytime incontinence. I am aware that there is a psychological component t my incontinence as being a sissy baby is who I am and nothing will change that. That said, I have long since gven up on all the extra effort and struggles to get a dry night or a dry few hours without nappies. Largely that fails, but even if it doesnt fail, the effort isnt worth the outcome. Nappies work perfectly and give me the effortless dryness 'muggles' have all the time.

So, am I trying to get dry? No. That ship sailed a long time agao and is well over the horizon. I wrote a book about my growing up years as a bedwetter with severe baby issues including a strong need for bottles (odd I know). But writing it was cathartic just the same.

I go with the flow nowadays. Ive slept along for quite a long time so theres nobody to inconvenience. I dont have a lot of money so sometimes I wear diapers when I can afford them and sometimes I dont when I cant afford them. Am I doing anything to stop? Not really although I am on a med for better daytime control due to urge IC.

xolyshaxo said:

same here I love waking up wet.

I need to wear a diaper 24/7 because of urinary urge incontinence. At night I occasionally wet in my sleep, but usually the sensation of a full bladder awakens me. However, if I try to get up to go to the bathroom, I immediately start wetting uncontrollably. So I’ve stopped trying to get up. I just roll over, use my diaper and go back to sleep.

Since I've never had control over #1 or #2 during night, I do not try and stay dry. I remember attempts growing up, but alarms, pull ups, and wet beds all resulted in poor sleep and even more stress. No physical medical cause has been found yet so doctors believe it could be nerves or muscle control. Either way I'm stuck with it (meh) so why add the extra stress of trying to stay dry and failing?

Go to bed diapered wake up wet, but with dry sheets

I wear diapers 24/7, and have had some bedwetting incidents. To me, wetting the bed is a consequence of poor planning. I have found that I must wear a clean dry diaper just before going to bed. At times when I was just being lazy, and I go to bed with a damp diaper, then I will wet the bed, and I have to change the sheets

I have never been a bedwetter until becoming partially bladder and bowel incontinent last summer. I do wet the bed as a result, but I do try to prevent the bed wetting accidents by using the bathroom just before I diaper up for bed. This process does seem to reduce my bedwetting accidents, but they still happen, just less frequently. It does not stop my morning bladder and bowel accidents that I frequently have after I wake up and cannot get to the bathroom before I pee or poop myself. Since last summer, I have to wear a diaper to bed every night and anytime I leave home because I don't know when I am going to have a wetting or messing accident.

Back