I Got A Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Black Friday (er Thursday Technically), was actually pretty tame at my local Walmart, lots of people picking up a Cheap 40 inch 1080P TV (I almost got one because of how cheap it was, but settled on a slightly more expensive 4K Smart TV (because better brand, better picture, more features, etc) that will arrive tomorrow), plus PS4s and I imagine some people got an Xbone S, or X (though I didn't see any in anybodies carts), not to mention games and movies.

I got a Switch and Kirby Star Allies, I have the Mario + Rabbids game incoming (I tried to do all my buying online, but the Walmart Website (i tried on a computer with 8GB Ram and an i5 processor) was soooooooo slow that their online stock sold out before I could check out;. )

So I got the switch out of the box, set everything up, got a screen protector on the Switch Screen, games updated and I played Kirby for a bit, waiting on Disgaea 5 update and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to download.

I think the last Kirby Game I played on a home console was probably back on the GameCube, so having a switch is kinda like a Blast From The Past and it's pretty fun and definitely worth it for Nintendo IPs (since you don't see them on any other systems), but if a game is Multi-Plat it will look better and probably play smoother on my PS4P (unless I decide I want to play specific games on the go).

Definitely need to get more accessories at some point, but for now it is enough to have several games, the system, and a decent mid-sized TV so I can set it up in a spare room (already too much stuff on the main TV, plus we aren't using the other room for anything).

Yay, get Pokemon Let's Go (and the pokeball plus if you can), it's awesome :)

Also I enjoyed playing Zelda breath Of The Wild

The lets go pokemon games are great, you should check indies too you never know what you'll find. Theres an amazing selection on the switch regardless of tasts.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

All I'm going to say...

BabyTyrant said:
Black Friday (er Thursday Technically), was actually pretty tame at my local Walmart, lots of people picking up a Cheap 40 inch 1080P TV (I almost got one because of how cheap it was, but settled on a slightly more expensive 4K Smart TV (because better brand, better picture, more features, etc) that will arrive tomorrow), plus PS4s and I imagine some people got an Xbone S, or X (though I didn't see any in anybodies carts), not to mention games and movies.

I got a Switch and Kirby Star Allies, I have the Mario + Rabbids game incoming (I tried to do all my buying online, but the Walmart Website (i tried on a computer with 8GB Ram and an i5 processor) was soooooooo slow that their online stock sold out before I could check out;. )

So I got the switch out of the box, set everything up, got a screen protector on the Switch Screen, games updated and I played Kirby for a bit, waiting on Disgaea 5 update and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to download.

I think the last Kirby Game I played on a home console was probably back on the GameCube, so having a switch is kinda like a Blast From The Past and it's pretty fun and definitely worth it for Nintendo IPs (since you don't see them on any other systems), but if a game is Multi-Plat it will look better and probably play smoother on my PS4P (unless I decide I want to play specific games on the go).

Definitely need to get more accessories at some point, but for now it is enough to have several games, the system, and a decent mid-sized TV so I can set it up in a spare room (already too much stuff on the main TV, plus we aren't using the other room for anything).

Nice! I got the Nintendo Switch during March of 2017 (not launch day though) and I'm planing to get Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on launch day. I'm getting it digitally. I'm also planning on getting Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu soon.

I actually only paid for two games though, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Sonic Mania. I haven't brought other games for it yet, and my Joy-Con controllers are broken and now sent for repairs so I can't play any games on it right now.

It's a great system.

KryanAshford said:
It's a great system.

Why is it so great in your own opinion?

I like it not only because of great Nintendo IPs you don't see on other systems, but also because it is the ONLY system that is both a home console and an on the go console; which comes in handy on certain games (for example Disgaea 5 is a lengthy game and if you want all character classes it takes hours of grinding to rank up weaker characters classes).the only weak point to the Switch is the graphics are nowhere near as good as the other console options; but graphics are not everything (but still I like games that are graphically stunning as well)

BabyTyrant said:
I like it not only because of great Nintendo IPs you don't see on other systems, but also because it is the ONLY system that is both a home console and an on the go console; which comes in handy on certain games (for example Disgaea 5 is a lengthy game and if you want all character classes it takes hours of grinding to rank up weaker characters classes).the only weak point to the Switch is the graphics are nowhere near as good as the other console options; but graphics are not everything (but still I like games that are graphically stunning as well)

What games do you like for the Nintendo Switch?

ScriptedGamer said:
What games do you like for the Nintendo Switch?

So far I play Mario Kart the most, I also like Kirby Star Allies and Mario + Rabbids, the one I have been playing the most is Disgaea 5 though (it isnt an exclusive but I found the switch version for $10 at Walmart and so far mainly just getting characters to rank up to get better character classes has taken 20+ hours); but from now forward I will probably be playing more of the Mario games, Mario + Rabbids seem pretty cool as its unlike any other Mario games so far, plus I liked the Rabbids since they were on the original Wii and even watched the cartoon for a while.

I'm also gonna try Super Mario Odyssey and Breath Of The Wild at some point as they get amazing reviews

BabyTyrant said:
So far I play Mario Kart the most, I also like Kirby Star Allies and Mario + Rabbids, the one I have been playing the most is Disgaea 5 though (it isnt an exclusive but I found the switch version for $10 at Walmart and so far mainly just getting characters to rank up to get better character classes has taken 20+ hours); but from now forward I will probably be playing more of the Mario games, Mario + Rabbids seem pretty cool as its unlike any other Mario games so far, plus I liked the Rabbids since they were on the original Wii and even watched the cartoon for a while.

I'm also gonna try Super Mario Odyssey and Breath Of The Wild at some point as they get amazing reviews

Are there any other games you're interested in getting in the future for the Nintendo Switch or in general? What about upcoming games? I'm pretty excited to be able to play Dreams, Biomutant, and Kingdom Hearts III in 2019.

ScriptedGamer said:
Are there any other games you're interested in getting in the future for the Nintendo Switch or in general? What about upcoming games? I'm pretty excited to be able to play Dreams, Biomutant, and Kingdom Hearts III in 2019.

So far for the switch I already have bought Mario Party, so I will have that and be able to bring it to the family xmas party, otherwise nothing I'm in a hurry for or even aware of in the new future as the only Nintendo IP I see even close is simply a port of the Super Mario game they had on the Wii U, I would like to play the next Pokemon game (I'm not really tempted to get "Lets Go" as it seems a bit odd for a Pokemon game, but I have been playing Pokemon since the 1st generation, so I guess im a Pokemon traditionalist), but idk when that will be released, also I loved Metroid, but idk when that's next new game will be released either.

I also am huge on Paper Mario and Mario + Luigi games due to unique mechanics you dont see in Mario Bros or Mario Kart, or Mario Party, namely the equipment system and RPG-like elements, and Paper Mario is great for being able to do other different things the other Mario games dont do.

BabyTyrant said:
So far for the switch I already have bought Mario Party, so I will have that and be able to bring it to the family xmas party, otherwise nothing I'm in a hurry for or even aware of in the new future as the only Nintendo IP I see even close is simply a port of the Super Mario game they had on the Wii U, I would like to play the next Pokemon game (I'm not really tempted to get "Lets Go" as it seems a bit odd for a Pokemon game, but I have been playing Pokemon since the 1st generation, so I guess im a Pokemon traditionalist), but idk when that will be released, also I loved Metroid, but idk when that's next new game will be released either.

I also am huge on Paper Mario and Mario + Luigi games due to unique mechanics you dont see in Mario Bros or Mario Kart, or Mario Party, namely the equipment system and RPG-like elements, and Paper Mario is great for being able to do other different things the other Mario games dont do.

Okay. I've played Paper Mario in the last seven days, and I'm on the seventh of eight chapters. Almost done with it! I also own Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for my Nintendo 3DS. So are you interested in games for other systems?

ScriptedGamer said:
Okay. I've played Paper Mario in the last seven days, and I'm on the seventh of eight chapters. Almost done with it! I also own Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for my Nintendo 3DS. So are you interested in games for other systems?

I have a 3ds but haven't played it in a while because usually I am home (if not at work) and I play Destiny 2 sometimes (still not at the 600 point, which is the highest "Light Level" in the game), but I'm really excited to see how good/bad CyberPunk 77 and Anthem are; I'm sure The Former will be great and I think Anthem will be great as well, but I could be wrong because it's an EA company and they kinda screwed up Mass Effect Andromeda (for the record my experience wasnt as bad as a lot of people that hate the game for being way too glitchy, I had experienced 2 glitches inover 80 hours and it wasnt that bad IMO).

As much as I like Nintendo until the switch they weren't taking many risks to try to be as innovative as Sony and Xbox have been and they still either do games where not much changes or they are straight Reports/Remasters where really only the graphics were (very slightly if they were originally made for the Wii or Wii U) improved.

Xbox is my least favorite of the 3 main gaming companies, their exclusive lineup has been very weak ever since the 1 was originally released; consisting of Basically Halo (let face it Destiny is a Buh-Jillion times better) , Forza (I prefer more Casual racing games like some of the Need for Speed and Midnight Club games), and Gears of War (which i used to like, but now feels like they can no longer think of new ideas and is just repeating a bunch of stuff from the last games, Like Halo).

Suffice to say Exclusives matter to me quite a bit as it is "which has more games I want to play" and PS4 wins in variety and quality, it gives me everything good on the Xbox, plus stuff they dont have and may never be able to acquire.

And I think in the next generation they will learn and do the things they never should have stopped doing in the first place (like backwards compatibility which died soon after the original model PS3 which played most PS2 games, but they stopped making "due to higher manufacturing costs", even though the biggest cost was having built In Blu-Ray).

Still though now that i have a switch i can always consider switch versions and just wait and see what Nintendo releases that is exciting (hey you never know, they are being more adventurous than ever before this gaming generation)

BabyTyrant said:
I have a 3ds but haven't played it in a while because usually I am home (if not at work) and I play Destiny 2 sometimes (still not at the 600 point, which is the highest "Light Level" in the game), but I'm really excited to see how good/bad CyberPunk 77 and Anthem are; I'm sure The Former will be great and I think Anthem will be great as well, but I could be wrong because it's an EA company and they kinda screwed up Mass Effect Andromeda (for the record my experience wasnt as bad as a lot of people that hate the game for being way too glitchy, I had experienced 2 glitches inover 80 hours and it wasnt that bad IMO).

As much as I like Nintendo until the switch they weren't taking many risks to try to be as innovative as Sony and Xbox have been and they still either do games where not much changes or they are straight Reports/Remasters where really only the graphics were (very slightly if they were originally made for the Wii or Wii U) improved.

Xbox is my least favorite of the 3 main gaming companies, their exclusive lineup has been very weak ever since the 1 was originally released; consisting of Basically Halo (let face it Destiny is a Buh-Jillion times better) , Forza (I prefer more Casual racing games like some of the Need for Speed and Midnight Club games), and Gears of War (which i used to like, but now feels like they can no longer think of new ideas and is just repeating a bunch of stuff from the last games, Like Halo).

Suffice to say Exclusives matter to me quite a bit as it is "which has more games I want to play" and PS4 wins in variety and quality, it gives me everything good on the Xbox, plus stuff they dont have and may never be able to acquire.

And I think in the next generation they will learn and do the things they never should have stopped doing in the first place (like backwards compatibility which died soon after the original model PS3 which played most PS2 games, but they stopped making "due to higher manufacturing costs", even though the biggest cost was having built In Blu-Ray).

Still though now that i have a switch i can always consider switch versions and just wait and see what Nintendo releases that is exciting (hey you never know, they are being more adventurous than ever before this gaming generation)

Have you heard of ReCore? That was an exclusive to the Xbox One... not that it matters other than to make you informed. Anyways, have you heard of Biomutant or Dreams before? Both are going to be on PS4, and Dreams is a PS4 exclusive game.

ScriptedGamer said:
Have you heard of ReCore? That was an exclusive to the Xbox One... not that it matters other than to make you informed. Anyways, have you heard of Biomutant or Dreams before? Both are going to be on PS4, and Dreams is a PS4 exclusive game.

I've heard of ReCore, but never looked into it or saw what it is about, I think I heard of Biomutant, but don't recall dreams.

I mean not every exclusive is gonna be great, but PlayStation has the perfect mix where NEARLY every PlayStation exclusive is amazing, meanwhile recent Xbox exclusives seem mediocre at best.

I mean Xbox has a better subscription service for older games and a great degree of Backwards Compatible games, but in terms of what people get IN THIS GENERATION, it doesn't seem that great.

Of course the future could change, but I'm not very hopeful as they seem to ride on their coattails of doing the same things and still maintaining a huge amount of fans, even though the core part of gaming is where they are lacking, I mean in this day and age your game system should excel in gaming above anything else, everything else is basically unnecessary as most electronic devices these days excel at a lot of things (playing music, taking pictures and video, doing basically everything a computer can do on a smaller much lighter scale).

I mean you also gotta remember Xbox tried to kill off the used game market with the idea their system would read the game and if you were the 2nd user it wouldn't work for you; and of course after fan backlash they got rid of that idea and recovered from it.

BabyTyrant said:
I've heard of ReCore, but never looked into it or saw what it is about, I think I heard of Biomutant, but don't recall dreams.

You should check out both of those latter games, especially Dreams. It is shaping up to be an awesome creation game. Did you see how they made a level akin to LittleBigPlanet in Dreams? That was amazing! There's supposed to be a beta for Dreams this month. I will be trying to get in! I know a group of other people are also hyped for the beta for Dreams!

I just got Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

ScriptedGamer said:
I just got Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Nice! And did you hear that Joker from Persona 5 just got announced that he's gonna be in the game in the first DLC pack? I didn't expect that to happen at all. I was like HOLY SHIT!!!

BabyTyrant said:

I would definitely recommend adding Super Mario Oddessey to your collection as well. It is one of the best games I have played in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back