Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Pramrider, I found something for you...

Default Hey Pramrider, I found something for you...

I think you'll like it

Just randomly out walking.. and around the corner from my house, I spotted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Oh, wow, that looks old.
    Like old, OLD.

Old like Pramrider. That's right, I went there. That is a really cool pram, I'd want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon93 View Post
    I think you'll like it

Just randomly out walking.. and around the corner from my house, I spotted it.
    WOW!!! Thanks for thinking of me! Since you're in Canada I'm guessing this is a vintage Gendron pram. They were one of the leading pram makers in Canada. Looks to still be kept in VG condition by it's owner.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Old like Pramrider. That's right, I went there. That is a really cool pram, I'd want one.
    Nah...this pram dates to about the mid '60s at the earliest, so it's about 15 years younger than me.

This is what I rode in as a toddler: Vintage 1950s Taylor Tot baby Stroller walker original - eBay (item 170325923407 end time May-26-09 18:20:43 PDT)

The only cushioning was my diaper and the baby fat in my rump!

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    Like old, OLD.
    Doh, I was gonna reply it's not all that old and then I see Pramrider has already replied.

I've seen something very similar here in California on my bike rides to work, though it has too many plastic parts on it to be vintage, plus it lacks the 'fenders'. It would not surprise me if some enterprising company has made a reproduction and sells it for a fortune to the wealthy that live around here.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    WOW!!! Thanks for thinking of me! Since you're in Canada I'm guessing this is a vintage Gendron pram. They were one of the leading pram makers in Canada. Looks to still be kept in VG condition by it's owner.

Nah...this pram dates to about the mid '60s at the earliest, so it's about 15 years younger than me.

This is what I rode in as a toddler: Vintage 1950s Taylor Tot baby Stroller walker original - eBay (item 170325923407 end time May-26-09 18:20:43 PDT)

The only cushioning was my diaper and the baby fat in my rump!

~Pramrider
    *giggles, trying not to fall over*

Oh my god...

He was able to list what it was, who made it, and when it was made... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    *giggles, trying not to fall over*

Oh my god...

He was able to list what it was, who made it, and when it was made... ^_^
    Gotta live up to my sig bar title!

~Pramrider

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Gotta live up to my sig bar title!

~Pramrider
    ^_^ True dat.

When I was a kid, maybe about 7 or 8, me and my cousins all thought we were characters from the "Our Gang Comedies" show, with Spanky and Alphalfa. One of the old movies from that series had the kids building a soap box derby car using pramrider axles and wheels. They were all building them and riding down hill. My dad found an old Pram, scavenged the axles and wheels and helped me build one as well. The front axle pivoted and I steered it with a rope. We all had our Our Gang personas. Mine was the kid who wore a baseball cap to the side, I can't remember his name. My aunt and uncle, however, always called me Butch, from the series. I guess you remember the Our Gang series, Pramrider?