Favorites

rocketman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I gotta say I really like Crinklz. But I wear pretty much 24/7 and there's No way I could afford to wear them exclusively. So for a daily choice, I usually go with Tranquility. Not as much fun, but a good "bang for your buck" diaper.

What about you?

Well if these North shore supreme ultra diapers are as good as they advertise, I'll wear those as much as I can. But for now, I switch from crinklez to Bambino sun n fun's.

I really like ABDL diapers, I mainly use ABUniverse, my 2 favorites are Little Pawz and Kiddos, I also like Barebums a lot, also Tykables Overnights are pretty good, but last time I ordered it didn't go so smoothly (waited weeks for it to get shipped despite being "In Stock" at the time, idk if this has improved; but I always get in stock orders from ABUniverse Baltimore in 3 days, 2 days of traveling and then I get the order on the 3rd day, so if I order late Wednesday or early Thursday I get my order on Saturday.

That's such a huge convenience for me as I then avoid being asked about it/awkward conversations with my mom (I pay bills, I pay for my diapers, I don't involve anybody else in my family or make it obvious I'm wearing/using diapers)

ATNs are a good budget option, especially if you buy them in bulk. I like crinklez, but lately bear hugz are a favorite of mine

rocketman said:
I gotta say I really like Crinklz. But I wear pretty much 24/7 and there's No way I could afford to wear them exclusively. So for a daily choice, I usually go with Tranquility. Not as much fun, but a good "bang for your buck" diaper.

What about you?

Why is that? Are you primarily using ATN's 24/7? AND while staying well hydrated I hope. If so, lets take a look at how much more ATN really costs.

Now the price varies, but I found most sell for about $0.90 per diaper ($87 per case of 96 of larges). We all know these diapers won't last more than 3-4 hours, but let's be lenient and go with 4 anyway. That's 6 diapers per 24 hours (including changing in the middle of the night), at a cost of $5.40 per day. AND likely also requires boosters at time too, right? Which of course just adds even more cost.

Now Betterdry cost about $1.60 each ($95 per case of 60 of larges). These diapers can easily last 14-16 hours, but lets be extremely conservative and say you want to change early at every 8 hours. That would still only come to $4.80 per day. Really though, you can easily get away with just 2 per day, at a cost of just $3.60 per day.

So tell me again how ATN is cheaper, and why you can't afford a better diaper? The better bang for your buck is not paying for the outer shell of the diaper many times over like with ATN, but to combine that padding and sap from those multiple diapers under one shell like betterdry does. Simply put, the same total padding used with betterdry equals less wasted shell material like with ATN. And less wasted material equal lower end costs for us.

Yeah, I never got how people act like a cheap diaper is good "bang for your buck" if you are wearing 24/7, cheaper diapers only make sense if you can't afford better, or you just find that you don't get enough use out of a more expensive Diaper to make it worth it.

I mean, if you only have 2 hours on your hands, you won't come close to fully using any decent ABDL Diaper; that is where a cheap option like ATNs might make sense.

I can verify cheaper diapers end up costing you more. I used to use ATN exclusively before my wife found out about my issues. She then started doing research and realized that a higher quality diaper which needed changed less is a much smarter buy. So she only allows me to use ABDL diapers. I use Crinklz as my everyday diaper. Also keep a small amount of ABU either space or PeekABU for days I can’t change for over 12 hours. I spend roughly $100 a month on diapers. I use 2 to 3 per day unless I have a bowel accident which does happen time to time then I use 1 extra. Over a months time I need 70 to 80 diapers.

It really comes down to how much you can tolerate being in a wet diaper before you need to change. If your circumstances (or skin!) demand keeping dry, cheaper low capacity diapers are the way to go. But if you're ok with going two or three wettings between changes, higher capacity diapers will be a better value in the long run.

There's a little added value in spending less of your day time changing your diaper too.

I'll admit I'm old school, but threads like this make me glad I wear cloth most of the time. I buy a half-case of ABU Space and they last me two or three months because I seldom wear disposables.

The cash outlay for cloth is steep, particularly if you want to have enough diapers on hand to avoid washing every single day. But I don't have to spend $150 a month for disposables.

Years ago, I had neighbors tell me they only flushed their toilet once a day to keep the water bill low. I cringed when I heard that; there's no way I'd stay in a v-e-r-y wet diaper all day just to keep the disposables bill under $5 a day.

Back