Someone saw my soaked diaper in public

Pika123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was at the mall yesterday with my wife and I needed a diaper change so I went into one of the family changing rooms and closed the door. I took of my pants and plastic diaper cover and looked down to see my diaper was stained with pee and was very yellow and wet. I grabbed a fresh diaper out of my bag and unfolded it, I turned to face the mirror ( cause I find it easier to change while doing so ) which is next to the slider door. All of a sudden the slider door opens and there is this lady with a 3 or 4 year old son standing at the door. Looking at me with no pants on, in a visibly soaked and yellow diaper holding an unfolded diaper. We both froze for a few seconds and then she quickly said “sorry”, looked down and shut the slider door. I forgot to lock the door. I was so embarrassed. I quickly got changed threw my wet diaper in the bin. When I left, luckily, the lady wasn’t waiting outside the family room, or ese it would have been very awkward. I told my wife and we left the mall hoping not to bump into her again.

It's not really a huge deal unless you make it a huge deal, no one knows why you have a diaper on. Just remember it's not someone going home with you.

Ha, yeah I've been there too. It only takes that one time then you start making sure it is locked. It also only takes the lock failing one more time after that before you start testing the door to make sure it wont open too.

Like rennecfox said though, that lady has no idea why you were diapered. There's a good chance you'll never see her again too. So it's not a big deal.

At least she didn't comment in any way. That's much, much worse...

I've found that only awful people would say something or comment on it. Most people don't care and probably would have thought it was incontinence issue.

It was probably just as embarrassing to her as it was to you

Seconded. By far, the most comment type of comment I've gotten about my diapers is one of condolence, or their own embarrasement. Which isn't worse at all when you think about it.

Of all the times I was "outed", literally only one was ever negative. And in fact, that was at the beach when some rude guy in a speedo approached me about being indecent (yeah really). Thankfully the beach cops intervened pretty quickly and told him to leave me be or get arrested for disturbing the peace. And in that one incident I fet more sorry for him and his incredibly narrow scope of the world around him, than I felt embarrased or disturbed.

I have been caught, changing, leaking, poking out and in several other ways. At first it was embarrassing especially by my family and friends. Now days, I admit it still is a little embarrassing, but I get over it. This is mostly because I have a supportive extended family and they they help.

Slomo said:
Ha, yeah I've been there too. It only takes that one time then you start making sure it is locked. It also only takes the lock failing one more time after that before you start testing the door to make sure it wont open too.

Since I added the lock to my diaper cabinet, (https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1472) I've firmly enforced the habit of always locking it after every change, even if there's no chance of company anytime soon. It's just a good habit to be in, so that I never have to question whether or not I remembered to lock it. I always lock it, end of story.

Same should apply to a bathroom stall. Always lock and check it, regardless of circumstances.

Happened to me too, many years ago. I was in a shopping mall that had a separate, lockable family bathroom. I went in and locked the door behind me - or so I thought. I think I must have locked it and then, while testing it to see that it was secure, accidentally unlocked it.

I had a diaper bag with me and a large changing mat, which I put on the floor. I pulled off my pants and sat on the changing mat, wearing just a T-shirt and wet diaper (this was before any ABDL prints existed, so it was something plain and white). Before I could undo the tapes, the door opened and I saw the face of a man in his mid-30s. Surprised, he said "sorry" and shut the door. My heart was racing - it was the first time anyone had seen me in a diaper since I was a small child.

I locked the door, finished changing and walked out - not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. I didn't see the man who'd seen my diaper - had he gone into the regular bathroom? I had only seen his face and didn't even know if he had a child with him.

Back