replacing or reusing a partially wet diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regularnot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When the diaper is about half used from wetting and I remove it to do a bowel movement, there is that decision to replace or put the wet diaper back on...

I hate to "waste" the rest of the diaper, but putting back on a wet diaper always feels weird - a whole mix of different feelings.

Same with you?

It depends on how much you peed I think. If it's barely noticeable put it on again. But if it's clearly used I wouldn't put it on again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I always get a new one. But then, I don't just take an old one off in the middle of the day. I mean, I use the toilet for number two in the morning and evening, before the shower, so that's when I change...

If I'm only sliding my diaper off, and only for like 20 minutes, AND it isn't already wet enough to warrant an early change, then yeah I will put it back on as well. And yes, even in that short time the diaper will beging to cool off and will start to feel muggy and much more wet than when your pee is at your skin/body temperature. I don't really care for that feeling either, but like you I'd rather not waste too much of a diaper if I can help it.

This said, never reuse an old diaper. If it is even only a slight bit wet, but has been off you for more than an couple hours, do not put it back on. Any partly wet diaper will begin to grow molds and bacteria in it, even while wearing it but especially so when exposed to the air. Thats why it's a bad idea to reuse an old diaper, because you're just asking for a UTI if you do.

This is why I love these hybrid designs. Plastic backed diapers with Velcro fasteners are easy to put back on when you take them off for whatever reason. The double tape system doesn't work very well when you use those white ones underneath. But then again that's what duct tape was made for.

I am the same as kingdark. Usually during the day I wear pull ups, so taking them on and off is pretty easy.

Slomo said:
Thats why it's a bad idea to reuse an old diaper, because you're just asking for a UTI if you do.

What is UTI? I presume something unpleasant?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I'll usually put the diaper back on unless it is already soaked to the point of needing to be changed, or almost so.

I wear boosters with most of my diapers, and if the booster is completely used I may change it with a fresh one so that the diaper can last for longer. My diapers tend to be on the thick side, and I try to make the best out of them!

Have pulled a half wet one down. when done crapping pulled it back up and finished it off then change.

I don't really take off a wet diaper and then put it back on unless I have to go to the bathroom or if I need to do something that requires me to not wear, when going to the bathroom I just slide my diaper down and pull it back up when I'm done.

As for other instances I will put a wet diaper back on only if it's only been a few minutes or if its barely (Unnoticeable) wet. I don't put a wet diaper back on if it's close to leaking or anything like that, that said I won't waste a diaper either. That said if I start to notice smell or get uncomfortable in even just a slightly damp diaper I will remove it. My rule of thumb is: if it's close to or leaking, messy, uncomfortable, or smelling, then change, if not, you're good.

No one is going to admit to having taken off a slightly used diaper, going to work for 8 hours and then putting it back on after just to soak it good? I have back when I was poor and others have mentioned it in the past too. Now I will occasionally take one off on a weekend morning, wrap it in a towel to keep it warm, go out for breakfast after put it back on and mess it. Never had any health issues from either.
There is a yucky side to this lifestyle I'm not always so proud of but must admit to and share with my fellows here.

if it's pull ups I would take it off and throw it away if it's a normal diaper I would just go poop in it and throw it out when I'm done

the tapes don't really do very well to be used multiple times so it's best to go the bathroom in the diaper and then throw the diaper out cuz it tapes won't probably stick back together on the diaper again they'll probably even rip the diaper when you take them off

Leio said:
A UTI is short for a Urinary Tract Infection

aka "it burns when I pee!"

If it's only slightly wet and it's been less than a couple of hours since I last changed, I'll keep the wet one on. More than a little wet, or more than a couple of hours, I'll be more comfortable if I change it.

Only if I was in a fix, e.g. did not have a new one with me, and only if the nappy was off for a minute or two. I look after my skin carefully with regular changes and thorough cleanups, so once I'm in a situation such as a bathroom stall where it's OK to take the nappy off, it is a pity not to use that opportunity to start out completely fresh and dry again. The total increase in cost of nappies caused by discarding hardly-used ones is minimal, with most of those being from situations where I expect limited opportunities to change in the following few hours so I change early while I have the chance. That said, I rarely have the specific situation mentioned by the OP because I would usually have my bowel movement in the nappy, in which case a change is needed regardless of the level of wetness.

I have reused a wet diaper a couple of times but it was due to me not having my back pack with me inside the mall and had to make a quick run to the bathroom for a bowel movment. I allways try to change to a diaper as a wet diaper feels ich to reuse and can lead to UTI’s

glad to learn this. Now I can throw away the entire bag of partly worn diapers!

If it was me and this happened reasonably often where I would wet not enough for a change then remove for number 2s I would be investing in some stuffers so they can be discarded while using the toilet and you can put your pretty good still nappy back on.

I can relate. I always love a fresh diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back