Abena M4/L4 plastic-backed no longer available in UK?

tiny

Est. Contributor
I just went to stock up on plastic-backed Abena M4s, and couldn't find a single shop that still has them. Even Save Express!

Have these gone out of production (again)? Does anyone know where I can get some delivered to the UK?

Where i live (Norway) it is in my experience close to impossible to get a single plastic backed.
I think the plastic backed abena`s is no longer being produced, unfortunantely

Correct, plastic Abena diapers are only available in the US. They have seriously gone down hill though, and are not what they used to be years ago. You are much better off finding a different diaper.

Slomo said:
Correct, plastic Abena diapers are only available in the US. They have seriously gone down hill though, and are not what they used to be years ago. You are much better off finding a different diaper.

Damn. When did that happen?

The last few batches I've bought have thinner plastic, and no elastic in the wasitband, but I still thought they were the best diapers around. :-(

tiny said:

The last few batches I've bought have thinner plastic, and no elastic in the wasitband, but I still thought they were the best diapers around. :-(

I though that happened in the UK like a year ago. Not exactly sure though. And trust me, they are nowhere close to the best diapers around. If you like that crap thrn give Betterdry a try (or Crinklz which is the same but with prints). I will blow your mind.

Slomo said:
I though that happened in the UK like a year ago. Not exactly sure though. And trust me, they are nowhere close to the best diapers around. If you like that crap thrn give Betterdry a try (or Crinklz which is the same but with prints). I will blow your mind.

Arf. That must've been just after I placed my last order.

BetterDry are probably my second favourite diapers, after Abenas. They just don't fit as well, and they're a bit too thick and SAP-heavy. I tried a few ABDL diapers, but have the same kind of problem. :-(

tiny said:

They've made several rounds of cuts since the original X-PLUS, each time for the worse. They are so thin and clumpy the past few years.

They were the best diapers around 15 years ago, the past 5 years the worst!

I like the Betterdry too but see you didnt get on with them. Try the iDSlip Expert PE backed (but the original, not the new 'improved' version with cloth), or the Drylife Slip or MyDiaper which all have a different cut to Betterdry.

Or the plain white ABU products?

I asked NRU about this and they've told me that Abena have stopped manufacturing them!

Back