what is good diaper for fecal incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hababhi

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was wondering what would be the best brand diaper for fecal incontinence. I had fecal incontinence a long time. I remember when i went to the bathroom,i felt something like a egg like think would pop out,and i had to push it back in. it is hard,i fear going out on long trips and such nowadays. certain foods like fried chicken,taco bell and stuff seem to make the runs more frequent.

If it's only a small amout that escapes just about anything will do. Larger amounts you probably want something with elastic leak guards to prevent against blow outs.
Yeah, you could have any thing between IBS to a food allergy. (I've got he same thing. Docs said with a lot of work we might figure out just what it is but most of the time it's "just don't eat those things."0.

willnotwill said:
If it's only a small amout that escapes just about anything will do. Larger amounts you probably want something with elastic leak guards to prevent against blow outs.
Yeah, you could have any thing between IBS to a food allergy. (I've got he same thing. Docs said with a lot of work we might figure out just what it is but most of the time it's "just don't eat those things."0.

I went to doctor to have a colonoscopy and the report from the doctor said decreased sphincter tone.

It's a huge ball now that sticks out and i have to push it back in.

Abena abri forms work really well for what you're looking for. Only thing I don't like is their lack of a landing zone. On the flip flop, dry 247's have one and work wonders! They hold a lot of liquid and can withhold feces as well no problem. Both are available at XP medical.

good standing leak guards is what you want, BetterDry / Crinklz is currently the champion there

you want a poly backed brief with waistbands and standing leg guards, the thicker the better with some seat room. Something like a confidry 24/7

Agreed it depends how much waste you want the diaper to hold. If you want to be able to have a complete bowel movement I would second the recommendation for Betterdry, which have excellent inner leakguards. I use them for maybe 50% of my BMs and rarely have any issues with messy leaks no matter how much is in there. They are rather bulky though, and if you dont't want or need to use them for urination too, they are rather an overkill solution.

Hababhi said:
I went to doctor to have a colonoscopy and the report from the doctor said decreased sphincter tone.

It's a huge ball now that sticks out and i have to push it back in.

Wait, are you talking about an internal/external hernia? Is it painful at times? I had one like that years ago. It was an internal anal hernia, not painful. It was right inside my anal sphincter, close enough that with every bowell movement it would literally pop out, and would then feel painful. That hernia really reduced my anal sphincter muscle tone too. And worse is it got worse and worse with time.

The only solution I had was to have it surgically removed. I won't lie, the recovery was quite painful and it took a couple of months for me to be able to sit normally again. However, I am completely pain free now. I did have the hernia long enough that it left me with a permanently reduced amount of control back there. So if this is what you've got, don't let it go for too long.

Slomo said:
Wait, are you talking about an internal/external hernia? Is it painful at times? I had one like that years ago. It was an internal anal hernia, not painful. It was right inside my anal sphincter, close enough that with every bowell movement it would literally pop out, and would then feel painful. That hernia really reduced my anal sphincter muscle tone too. And worse is it got worse and worse with time.

The only solution I had was to have it surgically removed. I won't lie, the recovery was quite painful and it took a couple of months for me to be able to sit normally again. However, I am completely pain free now. I did have the hernia long enough that it left me with a permanently reduced amount of control back there. So if this is what you've got, don't let it go for too long.

no. Rectal prolapse

Hababhi said:
no. Rectal prolapse

Ah, I see. That's like the light version of a hernia, and I'm guess while uncomfortable it isn't outright painful. Correct? In either case though it will still only get worse with time, and unfortunately surgery is the only way to repair it. And the long you wait the longer any other damage or pain will worsen from it. Not to scare you, but this really is something you should talk to a proctologist about. Sooner rather than later.

the condition also makes it hard to poop and sometimes i feel like i haven't finished it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back