How many people actually buy games with the figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just wondering how popular those games with the little Figures that you buy that add to the game actually are; AKA the Skylanders games, and others like them

I'm guessing pretty popular as they have made a bunch of them.

I just find it kinda ridiculous the figures can be like $15 each and the full set might have like 30 of them, that's just too much.

Do Amiibos count? Cause if they do I got (I think) a pretty decent collection. Granted the majority of them are $10-$12. I did drop $40-$50 on one or two rarer ones [emoji28].
73a857d43f8493e37725b537ce78261c.jpg

IMO, totally worth it. Not only are the in game bonuses really nice, but I mainly think they're just awesome collectibles of things I think are awesome!

I work in retail and we had a pretty large section dedicated to Skylanders. But that went away a good while ago. Same with Disney Infinity and Amiibos for that matter. So that leads me to believe they're more passing fads than anything. But there are always fans of something and with an obvious bias, I feel the Nintendo figures have a little more staying power/fan base. They're based on established characters that have a history and can work with multiple games. Disney of course has some well established characters, but most of the characters they had haven't been around for as long as the characters Nintendo released and they're useable in only one game. Skylanders had a lot of original characters, but could only be used in one game, had compatibility issues, and while there were original characters, they didn't already have a fan base they could leverage.

So I'd honestly say games that include figures aren't the most popular. But I certainly hope Nintendo releases more and I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do
In fact I'm putting together a Pathfinder game right now for over in roll20. Want to set in?

I only have five SSB Fire Emblem Amiibo so far, but I'm slowly building them up. I like the collectibility of the figures and thier in-game usage is nice.

So far I have Lucina, Marth, Ike, Roy, and Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back