Holiday cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What kind of dishes do you make for Holidays/Family Gatherings?

I usually whip up a no bake cheesecake, but I've gotten into making baked cheesecake too and I'm cooking cupcake sized cheesecake for a Holiday party tomorrow (or technically later today if you are east coast US like me, just got bombarded with snow).

Also somebody in my family usually makes crockpot meatballs (a can of cranberry sauce, a bottle of cocktail sauce, a crockpot full of meatballs and approx 4 hours of cooking makes some good sweet and tangy meatballs), and one time I made pizza (premade crust and sauce, but I spent a lot of time and money on a cheese blend and barely anyone even ate the pizza, I guess they thought the cheese was just plain ole Mozzarella).

I've made pizza for family before. I always use whole wheat flour, add water and basic bread yeast, and you'll have a much better tasting crust. Normal deli mozzarella is the best cheese I've personally found, though you have to shred it yourself. Never use prepackaged cheeses! The same for all other ingredients too. Never prepackaged or precut. With 100% real and fresh ingredients you can never go wrong. And the best part is that by using raw ingredients and prepping it yourself it never costs too much (though it will take more time).

We basically do the stereotypic Thanksgiving dinner and I start Wednesday morning doing all of the prep and backed goods.

We said screw it and make whatever we want to eat. I made Christmas Tacos last year. With festive red and green peppers diced up for the top. My brother complained about not having typical holiday food, then ate a ton of tacos and said they were good. :lol:

It started because I asked why we HAVE to eat turkey/ham.

egor said:
We basically do the stereotypic Thanksgiving dinner and I start Wednesday morning doing all of the prep and backed goods.

I should also invite anyone reading or responding to this thread to look into the "Foodie" group for all kinds of discussion and recipes for the holidays.

Egor

Breakfast is a bitch but the Chinese food joint is open for dinner so I don't starve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back