ABDL Surveys

sallyanne said:
Can you give an example? I would like to see which questions you are referring to and why you think none of the answers apply. (PS I have designed many surveys n the past so I am interested in your feedback)

- - - Updated - - -

Can you let me know about these spam emails? No one else has mentioned that and it never happened to me. The rest of the site tho is not a 'cash grab' any more than any other ABDL site that sells abdl-specific products. And there are free articles and downloads and occasionally, free books or very cheap ones. Try the request for survey results again. I guess sometimes things get lost.

The spam email concerns me so either report it to me or to Rosalie.

I'm sorry I deleted it. I only ever got one spam email though.

That said going back into my spam folder to check to see if that email was still there I did find an email from you guys but it wasn't the survey results. Will try again I suppose.

As for my other comment, it just comes across as one of those websites that promises in depth analysis and answers and so on and so forth then peddles a book to you. In the same way people make sites that are like "How to live a perfect life" and have a few articles on there about life but have the more important stuff behind a paywall, or "All about anxiety" where they conquered their thing or are some doctor or some shit then put the "Cure to anxiety" behind a paywall. Just seems that way. I just kinda wish people who have the intention of being helpful and informational wouldn't paywall their stuff. I mean what could possibly be in those books that you can't really find out doing research yourself? Thus it seems like a cash grab. But that's just my opinion. Sorry if ya don't like it I guess?

AddyShadows said:
I'm sorry I deleted it. I only ever got one spam email though.

That said going back into my spam folder to check to see if that email was still there I did find an email from you guys but it wasn't the survey results. Will try again I suppose.

As for my other comment, it just comes across as one of those websites that promises in depth analysis and answers and so on and so forth then peddles a book to you. In the same way people make sites that are like "How to live a perfect life" and have a few articles on there about life but have the more important stuff behind a paywall, or "All about anxiety" where they conquered their thing or are some doctor or some shit then put the "Cure to anxiety" behind a paywall. Just seems that way. I just kinda wish people who have the intention of being helpful and informational wouldn't paywall their stuff. I mean what could possibly be in those books that you can't really find out doing research yourself? Thus it seems like a cash grab. But that's just my opinion. Sorry if ya don't like it I guess?

Well I guess the real world is that real products and real help cost real money. That's just how it works. But it isnt a scam. it is two people working really hard to model and understand the ABDL 'thing' and provide as much help as they can about it. Trying to make a little money on the side seems fair since it really would be 'little'. I charge my time out at $375 per hour. I guess that is about what they make in a month from book sales.

The point about their research is that it WASNT available elsewhere and is their entire reason for doing it. Go back ten years and look for ANY information about ABDL psychology and you will find what I found: nothing at all. To be honest, they have about 95% of the half-decent ABDL info around, period.

You arent affecting me. I wrote a book for them and it took a lot of effort and time and while I only get a couple dollars per sale and clearly I earn a very health 6 figure income, I dont feel there is anything wrong with charging a rather small amount for it. If something is worth the money, then I pay for it. If not, I dont. That simple. I dont begrudge authors who are billionaires the price of their books.

anyhow, didnt mean to lecture. Was not the intent. Have a good one!

A lot of the questions were not applicable.😝

sallyanne said:
Well I guess the real world is that real products and real help cost real money. That's just how it works. But it isnt a scam. it is two people working really hard to model and understand the ABDL 'thing' and provide as much help as they can about it. Trying to make a little money on the side seems fair since it really would be 'little'. I charge my time out at $375 per hour. I guess that is about what they make in a month from book sales.

The point about their research is that it WASNT available elsewhere and is their entire reason for doing it. Go back ten years and look for ANY information about ABDL psychology and you will find what I found: nothing at all. To be honest, they have about 95% of the half-decent ABDL info around, period.

You arent affecting me. I wrote a book for them and it took a lot of effort and time and while I only get a couple dollars per sale and clearly I earn a very health 6 figure income, I dont feel there is anything wrong with charging a rather small amount for it. If something is worth the money, then I pay for it. If not, I dont. That simple. I dont begrudge authors who are billionaires the price of their books.

anyhow, didnt mean to lecture. Was not the intent. Have a good one!

I mean that was passive aggressive but I can understand wanting to charge for a book that's perfectly fine, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, I'm sorry if that was how you took it. My reasoning though for being skeptical: I tend to find that if someone has a site like that and promises "Help" but then makes you buy the book. . . I feel like the book should stand on it's own merits of actually being good rather than being "Buy the book just to get the one part that helps" Now in this case the books you guys have are most likely not that sort of thing as they appear as though they can stand on their own, I just hesitate with. . . I guess the best way to put it is the presentation(?) of the items being sold? Making it look like "Buy the book for the answers"

Again I just wanted to stress I wasn't accusing you of that, I'm just extremely leery, got screwed over on an anxiety thing with an almost identical sales pitch.

I was considering taking one of these surveys but reading the replies to this thread I've changed my mind. With no "non sexual" or "asexual" option I can't answer properly and by the sounds of it there are more questions relating to that one, which I obviously couldn't answer properly either since I can't give my answer for the initial one. When it comes to surveys and quizzes I won't take them if or I'll stop and abandon them if there are questions that don't have the right answer for me. I'm not going to give a different answer just because the right one isn't there. I get that they might think that having an N/A option would not produce accurate result and facilitate people to choose it if they don't like the question, but at the same time the results are even less accurate if people have to choose an answer that doesn't fit. At least having N/A tells you that you need to expand your answer options or request feedback. Taking surveys is a lot like shopping for shoes in a store that rarely carries your size. Sure, you could go with a size bigger but they'll be a little awkward to walk in and might fall off a little. And sure, you could go with a size smaller but you'll be crushing your toes.

AddyShadows said:
I mean that was passive aggressive but I can understand wanting to charge for a book that's perfectly fine, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, I'm sorry if that was how you took it. My reasoning though for being skeptical: I tend to find that if someone has a site like that and promises "Help" but then makes you buy the book. . . I feel like the book should stand on it's own merits of actually being good rather than being "Buy the book just to get the one part that helps" Now in this case the books you guys have are most likely not that sort of thing as they appear as though they can stand on their own, I just hesitate with. . . I guess the best way to put it is the presentation(?) of the items being sold? Making it look like "Buy the book for the answers"

Again I just wanted to stress I wasn't accusing you of that, I'm just extremely leery, got screwed over on an anxiety thing with an almost identical sales pitch.

'stand on its own merits' is a reasonable request. However, it is also rather ambiguous. Rosalie and Michael bent are very highly regarded in both ABDL and therapy circles and so their reputation goes before them. Yes, they are controversial to some, but frankly, anything worth anything is almost always controversial. "Theres still a baby in my bed!" was the first substantive non-fiction ABDL book and is still the standard for many. That and the "ABDL Psychology' book has been bought by therapists and apparently (just heard from them) is being purchased by academic institutions and some libraries.

And we've all been screwed over by fake books many times in the past but here is the good news. I asked Michael Ben (coz rosie is quite sick) and he said that if you email him, he will send you a free copy of the book so just do that ([email protected]) and tell them who you are.

sallyanne said:
'stand on its own merits' is a reasonable request. However, it is also rather ambiguous. Rosalie and Michael bent are very highly regarded in both ABDL and therapy circles and so their reputation goes before them. Yes, they are controversial to some, but frankly, anything worth anything is almost always controversial. "Theres still a baby in my bed!" was the first substantive non-fiction ABDL book and is still the standard for many. That and the "ABDL Psychology' book has been bought by therapists and apparently (just heard from them) is being purchased by academic institutions and some libraries.

And we've all been screwed over by fake books many times in the past but here is the good news. I asked Michael Ben (coz rosie is quite sick) and he said that if you email him, he will send you a free copy of the book so just do that ([email protected]) and tell them who you are.

Nah that's okay, I wasn't really trying to get anything free lol, (plus I'm not super into reading) I was just voicing my concern for how the site felt initially, though you've cleared up what I had had troubles with so it's all good. Though tell them thank you for the offer. Also I'd put out a word of warning that other people might try to pretend they're me just to get a free book.

I get the feeling the survey authors See ALL AB/DL as a "sexual fetish" :( It seems that they can't rap there heads around the idea that it might NOT be about the sex.

- - - Updated - - -

I walked away feeling like the author was just another horny net geek trying to get his rocks off by getting us to tell him about our sex lives.

I enjoyed some of these! It was nice to be able to give feedback and suggest ideas

ESPF said:
I get the feeling the survey authors See ALL AB/DL as a "sexual fetish" :( It seems that they can't rap there heads around the idea that it might NOT be about the sex.

- - - Updated - - -

I walked away feeling like the author was just another horny net geek trying to get his rocks off by getting us to tell him about our sex lives.

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Did you even do the surveys? They specifically refer to regression as well as the the sexual aspects of ABDL or are you seriously suggesting that ABDL has nothing to do with sex at all?

I think he wrote that he did’t even tried :) How ever from my feeling it’s more the other way around...: Are you a regressive baby? Ehm - no... Ups the survy ends. So it seems that DL are excluded. I mean thats fair enaugh if you try to do a survey about ABDL (more precisly AB that are also DL).

I’m absolutly with the authors of the survy if they try to bring more light into the ABDL community in terms of selfunderstanding or even psychological backgrounds. But unfortunately it seems at last for me that the focus is here not open enough.

I would like to see a survey with just 1 question, do you enjoy wearing diapers?. I would like to see it in a main stream inviorment to get the largest response. Maybe the we could get some idea of how commen being ab/dl is.

Went all the way through first one - although a lot did not even have an answer that really fit -
Yes AB - but also IC from birth due to nerve damage. NOTHING anywhere reflects that at all.
Started a second one - but saw the same thing (with no really good answers for my situation), so just closed it.
I don't know what this guy is looking for - but clearly not every situation is being covered! :(

I had my hubby take the surveys with me. Interesting questions. I already knew most of the answers but it was interesting to see it all put together. Thank you.

Reactions: zaronab
No results at mail box found...

I’ve taken the surveys (quite a while ago) and thoroughly enjoyed them — partly because even seeing what questions someone else asks about this emotionally complicated, nuanced, still emerging and largely secret part of my life is revealing.

For example, the list of things you may or may not be turned on by Includes some that are embarrassingly on target that I didn’t know were common, and some I would never have imagined being on other people’s lists.

At the same time I think the results don’t remotely amount to a true AB (let alone DL) map. They reflect the survey designers’ inevitably limited and distorted view of their field, biased by their own relationship and experience. It doesn’t mean what they find isn’t true, it just means it’s really important to understand it can never be more than partial.

I think, as some of the posts above show, there are large categories of people they don’t include, understand or maybe even grasp are out here. And that’s OK. The gaps in the survey ought to provoke other people to ask the questions that are meaningful to them.

I enjoy reading the authors’ material (and free book extracts, promoting books to buy), even though I wouldn’t share it with anyone as an introduction to who I am. It’s not very on target for that. Because we’re all individual, and talking about this in detail is still a pretty new thing in the world.

With that assumption I think their work is really useful.

Last edited:
sinceiwassmall said:
I’ve taken the surveys (quite a while ago) and thoroughly enjoyed them — partly because even seeing what questions someone else asks about this emotionally complicated, nuanced, still emerging and largely secret part of my life is revealing.

For example, the list of things you may or may not be turned on by Includes some that are embarrassingly on target that I didn’t know were common, and some I would never have imagined being on other people’s lists.

At the same time I think the results don’t remotely amount to a true AB (let alone DL) map. They reflect the survey designers’ inevitably limited and distorted view of their field, biased by their own relationship and experience. It doesn’t mean what they find isn’t true, it just means it’s really important to understand it can never be more than partial.

I think, as some of the posts above show, there are large categories of people they don’t include, understand or maybe even grasp are out here. And that’s OK. The gaps in the survey ought to provoke other people to ask the questions that are meaningful to them.

I enjoy reading the authors’ material (and free book extracts, promoting books to buy), even though I wouldn’t share it with anyone as an introduction to who I am. It’s not very on target for that. Because we’re all individual, and talking about this in detail is still a pretty new thing in the world.

With that assumption I think their work is really useful.
sinceiwassmall

I concur that the questions in the abdiscovery surveys are orientated towards those ABs who identify as an infant or child. (I am not familiar with the latest surveys, but this was valid for the earlier ones I am familiar with). At this stage of my life as an ABDL I am at this end of the spectrum - what Rosalie Bent refers to as regressive ABs, so it fits for me.

If you have an interest in a survey series which covers all parts of the ABDL spectrum more evenly, I recommend BitterGrey's four surveys. The results are published on his website understanding.infantilism.org (link below). There are frequency counts for each question and thematic articles on the survey results. Grey was focused on an inclusive view of the ABDL spectrum, seeking to give all parts of the spectrum due recognition.

I find it useful to have both perspectives. Surprisingly often they corroborate the other. Other times they provide insights the other doesn't. The important thing is to read each with an understanding of their sometimes implicit objectives and orientation. They are invaluable in understanding what you rightly describe as our "emotionally complicated, nuanced" closeted psychological condition.

Regards. Dylan.

A few people have written and expressed that the surveys were cathartic and that was a surprise. I imagine being able to talk about yourself in the deeper areas of the ABDL life can be helpful and make you feel better about yourself. Also, of course, it helps people like me understand more about how people feel and their inner drives and preferences. In real life, people LIE about who they are and the deeper it goes, the more they lie so that we can project 'normalcy'. But in an anonymous survey, you can release the inner child and perhaps that experience makes people feel better.

One of the big surprises is that BY FAR the biggest survey results come from the one on Bedwetting. It seems that bedwetting is a far bigger issue than most think. And there is a small but significant number for whom bedwetting is very important and desirable - diapers or not.

Surveys tell us far more than the numbers themselves.

Reactions: perlFerret
CrazySmoker said:
No results at mail box found...
we sleep from 10pm to 6am so we probably didnt send them to you until we were awake!

brokenbiskit said:
I would like to see a survey with just 1 question, do you enjoy wearing diapers?. I would like to see it in a main stream inviorment to get the largest response. Maybe the we could get some idea of how commen being ab/dl is.
It would be fascinating to see such a question in a while-ranging, large population survey. It might finally give us some real data on the 'how many ABDLs are there'?

Back