Pretty sure...

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pretty certain the adult dressed as a toddler in the progressive commercial is wearing a diaper. The commercial has been uploaded to YouTube. Check it out, tell me what you think.

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
Pretty certain the adult dressed as a toddler in the progressive commercial is wearing a diaper. The commercial has been uploaded to YouTube. Check it out, tell me what you think.

I thought the same things as well. I was going to post my observation to the on-going thread dealing with media sightings. In the final scene at the toddler nursery, where he's reading a pop-up book, his bib overalls are clearly showing the tell-tale diaper bulge. It could just be the cut of the jeans, but it sure looks like a diaper bulge to me. And...there's no doubt that he's portraying an adult baby.

Ew! If you want to make fun of us, fine. We're used to it, but don't put real kids in the commercial! So, either, they were making a separate point, and just have no idea how cringey that is to us, because they don't know we exist, or, they do know we exist, and they went there! Ew! Grr!

Scaramouche said:
Dude, gross! Okay, they definitely targeted us, but with the few bad apples among us skidaddling past bad, to rotten, I don't blame them, just the rotten apples.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Okay, they definitely targeted us...

I'm curious, who do you think "us" is and what kind of "targeting" do you think they did?

If you think that this has anything to do with AB/DL communities...I would wholeheartedly disagree with you.

If you think that this is a commercial addressing the fact that people are still living at home and are on their parents policies/services (phone, insurance, internet, and so on) for far longer than has been normally accepted in the past, I agree and think that this commercial is hilarious.

If you think that's gross, and the "us" is perhaps yourself who is still living at home and using your parents policies still..."Act your age. Get your own insurance." Hahaha!

Llayden said:
I'm curious, who do you think "us" is and what kind of "targeting" do you think they did?

If you think that this has anything to do with AB/DL communities...I would wholeheartedly disagree with you.

If you think that this is a commercial addressing the fact that people are still living at home and are on their parents policies/services (phone, insurance, internet, and so on) for far longer than has been normally accepted in the past, I agree and think that this commercial is hilarious.

If you think that's gross, and the "us" is perhaps yourself who is still living at home and using your parents policies still..."Act your age. Get your own insurance." Hahaha!

Spot on. It's not like they're trying to market to ABs. It's an absurdity set up for marketing purposes and I think it's good for a laugh. Not about us.

Llayden said:

It is funny, but, I wonder if, every time a bad apple, like the guy who snuck around at night to put on babies used diapers, or the ADISCer that one time, who got in trouble with Pampers, (or was it Huggies?) for calling and being creepy, and complaining that Dora doesn't even come on anymore, and there was even a thread warning us about some creep, who broke every rule laid out for him, his first time meeting a poor would-have-been- mommy, so she might spank him. People faking disabilities for diaper changes, I wonder if that's who they're calling out, who they think we all are? This guy was ABDL, and acted like the dude in the commercial, in public, supposedly.

I'm disabled, so, yeah, I live with my parents, but none of us could afford the house, if any one of us moved out, so, I'm no mooch, and trust me. I want the hell out of here. It's a goal. Too disabled to make driving a good idea, but, if I could drive, I'd get my own insurance!:lol: That part was funny. Supposedly, the reason one can be on a parent's auto insurance so long, is because one's brain doesn't finish growing until his or her mid 20s.

It's more like, "What do you know, Mr. Progressive Insurance Commercial-Maker Guy? What've you seen? Peeped out the news, lately? I wonder."

Last edited:
I'm not commenting here in order to join the discussion on the semantics of "us, them or they" or whoever it is anyone believes Progressive may be marketing to.

Taking the ad at face value...what ECACTLY leads one to believe the baby man is padded? Perhaps provide a time stamp?

I've watched it several times now and don't see any real indication that he is padded, except for **MAYBE** one tiny moment.

I really really hope he is, otherwise that second commercial is a little concerning.

I was referring to the first part of the commercial series. There is not a link posted for that video.you will have to look it up.

The commercial that ends with the AB on the beach definitely has him padded in that last scene on the beach.

i am sure he is padded in the last scene. my question is what is he padded with? for thecommercial there really is no reason to actually be wearing a diaper, just havethe overall gestalt of a very little kid. and the commercial is not aimed at abdl community. it is aimedat those who are still using their parents insurance. they want to sell insurance, so they are targeting those who might be embarrassed to still be using their parents insurance.

note i was OUT ofthe house earning a living as soon as i wasdone with school, as was my cousin, as were myparents and grand parents.

The part where he jumps from the pop-out book always makes me laugh

But as others have said, I don't think this commercial was targeted at the ABDL community. It was using a very abdl-ish portrayal to make its point in a satirical manner. And I'd say it succeeded imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched part 1, hate commercials anyway but yeah I take offence to that. Like many I do provide for myself and my family including insurance.

In regard to the content of the ad itself, I have looked into my own auto insurance, i am a 21 year old male, currently I pay between 7 and 8 hundred for auto for 6 months, for that same policy on my own, it would be 2800 for 6 months, health insurance is even worse, because its mandatory to have it, in one month working 60 hours a week i make 1800 in a good month, i cant afford insurance on my own

I’ve watched the ads and I don’t think he is padded.

babyboy061997 said:
In regard to the content of the ad itself, I have looked into my own auto insurance, i am a 21 year old male, currently I pay between 7 and 8 hundred for auto for 6 months, for that same policy on my own, it would be 2800 for 6 months, health insurance is even worse, because its mandatory to have it, in one month working 60 hours a week i make 1800 in a good month, i cant afford insurance on my own

And THAT is exactly why they want you to pay for your own insurance. Because they will make more money.

He wasnt in a diaper and the reason we know that is simple. It is not necessary for the ad and there is no closeup to demonstrate that fact (of diapered). If he were wearing a diaper, the producer would have made that obvious. An actor is not going to wear a diaper unless paid to do so for good reason. An ABDL actor is not going to be stupid enough to wear one and risk being 'outed'.

No, there was no diaper.

Back