How do you feel when you've run out of nappies/diapers and you can't afford any for awhile?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Have you ever run out/can't afford to purchase any. Whats that feel like?

Before I went 24/7 I would quite literally feel incomplete. I'd end up thinking about wanting diapers more and more too. Which of course only fed into the classic binge-purge cycle.

Since I became incontinent, going without diapers feels wet. And yes that has actually happened to me before. I have several cloth diapers now though for just such an emergency, and I keep at least a month's worth of diapers always in stock that I never use up (but do rotate through that stock). Thankfuly thks has helped ensure I haven't needed to use my cloth diapers for a number of years.

As for not being able to afford them, all that took was a shift in my bill priorities. I've never since been unable to afford diapers, but have had times before where I couldn't afford tv and internet service, let alone eating out or going to the movies.

I've never run out since I've been on my own. When Attends were phased out (before the sale to Paper Pak) is the last time I really confronted this feeling. I didn't want to buy online and I believed Depends to be unappealing based on experience from years before. I was rationing my diapers and thinking that cloth was going to be my main solution. In the end, I got desperate enough to try Depends again and I found that they had changed and although not as good as Attends, they were adequate. Eventually, I started buying online and all was well.

Cloth is my go to when supplies of what I like dwindle but I don't think I'd enjoy them enough to wear 24/7 as I often do these days. I felt agitated and deprived when tmy preferred disposables weren't available to restock easily. I imagine it would feel less acute over time.

I think I would buy diapers before I would buy groceries.

It would be too much of a luxury for me to run out. Because running out of medically necessary supplies would mean that I am incapable of providing for myself. You make a budget, and get help to cover the cost if you have to.

Being incontinet running low or out of diapers is not an option we have had to trim our house hold budget to may sure I never run low of diapers.

I just ran out of diapers today and I am not currently able to get more. So to answer your question, I am sad. I would like to be able to have diapers 24/7, but my wife doesn't know of my DL side and I don't think she would respond well to it. So I wear diapers quietly when possible.

You ever stubbed your toe ?

Thats how i feel

Wet!!

Trick is always to buy before u run out so u never run out buy when u have a bag left or

In general if I run out of money for anything I want I always feel terrible, it's not usually a problem when it comes to Diapers though as fortunately I dont have Incontinence, so I enjoy them at my own pace, which is usually 2 or 3 on the weekend.

Essentially if I can order at least a case I am set for months, at one time I order probably 4 or 5 cases from XPMedical (this was probably a good 4 or 5 years ago, when they still had the old owner and the Medical Style diapers were a bit better than they are today), that order lasted me a few years.

Back