Best deals you ever got on Gaming related stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
One time at a BJs they were running a discount on Sony PS3 Wireless Controllers (not some off brand controller which might die in a month or less), so I picked up a bunch for $10 each, I made some easy profit on those as retail was like $55 or $60 each.

And also at the same BJs I bought Pokemon X or Y (one of them) for $10 and sold it on eBay for $35.

Plus I pick up games cheaply at an out of town Walmart Occasionally.

I just got Injustice 2, Mario Party Star Rush, and Disgaea 5 (for PS4, 3DS, and Switch respectively) for $10 each.

My local Walmart does NOT like to sell brand new games at a discount, even if that game has sat on shelves for a year or two, you would probably only see that $60 game down to $50 in a year, maybe $40 by 2 years.

They literally have 100s of unsold copies of multiple titles for all game systems that have to sit in their own section because they refuse to discount the games, but they need to move them so they can put new releases in the cases.

Gamestop did their Pro member sale, which was last week I believe... I was able to get an Xbox One X for $100. But if you take all things in consideration, I got the system for free with $10.
I traded in my original PS4 since I own a PS4 Pro, and I traded in my Xbox One just to take advantage of the trade in deal. Both of those scored me $400 in total. Then part of the deal about buying an Xbox One X got me a $50 gift card, then the system came with a $60 game for free. I think it was a pretty damn good steal, imo.

DracoFox said:
Gamestop did their Pro member sale, which was last week I believe... I was able to get an Xbox One X for $100. But if you take all things in consideration, I got the system for free with $10.
I traded in my original PS4 since I own a PS4 Pro, and I traded in my Xbox One just to take advantage of the trade in deal. Both of those scored me $400 in total. Then part of the deal about buying an Xbox One X got me a $50 gift card, then the system came with a $60 game for free. I think it was a pretty damn good steal, imo.

I'm surprised they gave $400 of credit for $400 of systems, they must be desperate for business.

Desperate or not, it was a steal. But sadly the upgrade doesn’t change the fact that I won’t play my Xbox One more just because of it. Still haven’t found an enjoyable game. Though another play through of Mirrors Edge might be in order.

I got a 1tb gen one xbox one with controller, and 2 games for $75

DracoFox said:
Desperate or not, it was a steal. But sadly the upgrade doesn’t change the fact that I won’t play my Xbox One more just because of it. Still haven’t found an enjoyable game. Though another play through of Mirrors Edge might be in order.

Well, the sad truth is you get a way better original (exclusive) game Library on all the other consoles, even PC, compared to Xboxs slim pickings (the majority of Xboxs exclusives are Forza, Halo, and Gears of War games), PlayStation has a much higher variety and most of them are solid AAA Titles.

KawaiiBabyjenni said:
I got a 1tb gen one xbox one with controller, and 2 games for $75

That’s a pretty sweet deal right there. Which games did you get?

- - - Updated - - -

BabyTyrant said:
Well, the sad truth is you get a way better original (exclusive) game Library on all the other consoles, even PC, compared to Xboxs slim pickings (the majority of Xboxs exclusives are Forza, Halo, and Gears of War games), PlayStation has a much higher variety and most of them are solid AAA Titles.

That another issue on its own. Owning a gaming PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Vita. It all comes with a taste in preference. And yes, the PS4 is my main go to, but I’ve invested into my tower and Vita as well.

Well regardless of taste there is almost certainly something on PS4 for everyone, although sometimes it comes in the form of a brand new (previously unknown) series such as Horizon Zero Dawn, not to mention some amazing JRPGs

Got a high end refurb gaming rig as an early Christmas present for 900$ with a 256gb ssd and 1tb hdd, ryzen 7 1700 8 core 16 thread cpu, 16gb 2400mhz ddr4, and gtx 1070. It was a really good deal considering I would normally pay $1500-1700 for rig like that, new. Also got a normally $300+ 1080p 144hz curved monitor for 229.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back