Movies to watch while high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight99

Est. Contributor
Even though I don't drink or smoke or use any drugs, I found a list of the top ten movies to watch while high, and I decided to write my own list, based off of movies I've seen and movies I've taken from the list. In poor taste? Yes. Bound to interest at least one person on here? Yes. These are only listed in the order I can write them, not in order of importance.

The Matrix (full series)
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Swordfish
Predator
Terminator (full series)
Natural Born Killers
Metropolis (1927, Complete version)
Metropolis (1927, Giorgio Moroder version)
Nosferatu (1922, Remastered version)
Nosferatu (1922, Type O Negative version)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Shock Treatment
Little Shop Of Horrors (1986)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Exorcist
Poltergeist (1982)
Electric Dreams
The Happytime Murders
Little Indian, Big City
The Wizard Of Oz (1939)
King Kong (1933)
Freaks
Independence Day
Heavy Metal
Flash Gordon
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
The Big Lebowski
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Any movie with Cheech & Chong or Harold & Kumar
Any movie with James Franco or Seth Rogan
Any silent movie with color tints
Any Superhero Movie
Any martial arts movie not grounded in reality
Any movie directed by David Cronenberg
Any movie directed by Quentin Tarantino
Any movie directed by John Waters
Any movie directed by Roger Corman
Any movie directed by Ralph Bakshi
Any movie directed by the Wachowskis
Any Animated Movie
Any Movie from Disney/Pixar

Well, that's my list. Whoever has some more, add them. And please don't take this post down or close it, since I know at least one member will find enjoyment out of this. I know I'm not supposed to endorse drugs on here, but I'm ready for my taxes to go down. :)

Hey, I enjoy the topic. Thank you! So, there's one. I too disagree with this sites stance on substance discussion, especially given the somewhat taboo subject this site is predicated upon, but I suppose nothing is perfect. Perhaps there is a fear that we would be over run by diaper wearing junkies or something.

I will start with my opinion of disagreement from your list. I don't think Kubrick should ever be watched in an altered state. In addition I feel that the last portion of the list is a little too less than concise to be of significant benefit. We need specifics!

I present to you a few of the movies that I had the most additional insight into or was far more entertained while experiencing them in an altered state:

Star Wars - The Last Jedi (On first watch(sober) it was a fun and entertaining action packed film. Altered: I experienced intense emotional connections to the characters and noticed the significant political undercurrents running through the narrative. It was almost like there is a story underneath the story.)
Pulp Fiction (What's in the briefcase?)
Half Baked (My family watches this every year. It's a real classic of stoner cinema.)
Cheech & Chong - Up In Smoke (Self Explanatory)
Big Hero 6
Pineapple Express
50 First Dates
The Matrix is seconded, especially the first one.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Terminator: Salvation are seconded
Interview with the Vampire
Tombstone
Almost Famous
The Back to The Future Trilogy
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Inside Out
Jurassic Park
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
The Fifth Element
The Good Dinosaur
The Princess Bride
Titan A.E.
Clash of the Titans

There are more of course, but these are most of the most significant ones.

Doctor Strangelove... Slim Pickens riding a bomb out of a B52

Starlight99 said:
…. but I'm ready for my taxes to go down. :)

It's been 1 1/2 years and taxes haven't gone down where I live and the schools still have a shortfall.

Scaramouche I don't know where you live, but here in New Jersey they're finally considering legalizing recreational marijuana. It would be taxed, so the taxes will help out in our state. Besides, I wouldn't even have to worry about the taxes, since I don't even use weed, so I'd get to have my cake and eat it too. We'd have a weed tax of 12% to help fix the problems in our state (we're run pretty good, but there's problems in the rest of the state that need to be addressed), and I could see my town improve (hopefully starting with the schools) without having to do anything or pay anything. Excuse me for preaching and sounding narcissistic and cynical, but it's the truth. :soapbox: Colorado has seen its budget balanced tenfold, and I'd like to see that happen here. I'd like to be able to go to the other side of my town or go to Camden and not have to worry about being shot, or worry about some crumbling building falling down on me. And I'd certainly like to see the schools in my town improve, since our bad schools are the reason why there are very few children in our neighborhood. I have a five-year-old girl next door to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if her family is out of this neighborhood by the end of next summer solely because of the schools. If the state does a 180 and decides to act like a bunch of smacked asses, that's what Election Day is for. :)

I live in Nevada and it has been legal here for a year and a half yet our education system is still very unfunded compared to most of the country. Where is the money? We just turned into a blue state this month so maybe with the Dems in charge, they can find the money and put it where it needs to go.

South park. All the way.

Then maybe finding nemo, then star wars, star trek.. Toy story probably too.

The Greasy Strangler

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

it takes a bit of time to get the tax benefits. The revenue saved by simply not spending on prosecutions and incarceration is as much or more than the tax benefits. Spend less and gain more. The biggest drawback is there a lot of piles of unguarded cash and no shortage of ripoff artists. Much the same as the repeal of Prohibition went through.

Any Studio Ghibli Movie

Pink Floyds The Wall, Yellow Submarine, My Little Pony the Movie (1983), Wizards, Heavy Metal, Any of the Evil Dead Films,

Dragon Ball Z

rennecfox said:
Pink Floyds The Wall, Yellow Submarine, My Little Pony the Movie (1983), Wizards, Heavy Metal, Any of the Evil Dead Films,
Don't forget The Wizard of OZ While playing Dark Side of The Moon simultaneously.

2001: A Space Odyssey :) That last half is a trip. Pun intended :p

ESPF said:
2001: A Space Odyssey :) That last half is a trip. Pun intended :p

My boyfriend and I did that when the movie first game out. Oh man....the...movie...was.....sooooo......slooowwwww.

dogboy said:
My boyfriend and I did that when the movie first game out. Oh man....the...movie...was.....sooooo......slooowwwww.

LOL. Well... Real... space... flight... is... S...l...o...w.

Back in the late 60s/70s it took a week out and a week back, just to get to the moon.

all of the 'Trinity' movies, including "my name is nobody" with Henry Fonda. Kind of a prequel to "They Call Me Trinity" and "Trinity is still my name" There's a lot of movies, TV shows, songs etc. which only become bearable (or sometimes they make sense) when treated by a little bit of chemical enhancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back