Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Last month, I had an accident in public. Some of you wanted to know about it, and so I'm making a post. It was the first time I had an accident like this. I don't have any medical problems. But I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for over 10 months. I have little use for toilets other than #2 & changing diapers.

I along with some of my cousins and other relatives went to a resort to celebrate my cousin's birthday. The resort was a little far away. I was diapered during the journey, but I didn't feel comfortable to go with all my relatives around. At the resort, we had too much fun eating, chatting & other stuff that I kind of forgot to pee.

The resort had a pool & it was time for all of us to swim. I changed into my swimsuit and kept the unused diaper inside a ziplock bag and well hidden inside my bag. I started getting the need to pee slightly right after I changed into my swimsuit. It was quite hard to put on and there was no way to pee without completely removing the swimsuit. I was in a hurry to get in the pool with everyone. So, I did a mistake of getting in without emptying my bladder.

I was having a lot of fun swimming as I haven't gone swimming for a looong time. I don't remember how long I was in the water. Suddenly I started feeling warm around my bottoms. I used my hands to check and it smelt like pee. It started slow, but soon it started gushing out and I couldn't stop. I was afraid that someone's going to notice and so I went to a corner. I managed to stop it somehow. I didn't know what to do. So, I intentionally let the rest of the pee out.

To be honest, peeing in the pool felt quite good. At the same time the feeling of guilt flooded me. Other people are swimming in the pool, and I peed in it! Nobody noticed though. I got out of the pool. My new swimsuit was now reeking of pee. I changed out of my swimsuit, but I did not put my diaper back on.

After this incident, I realized a few things. Having a bit of control is necessary. Even if you are determined to be diapered 24/7 there are still going to be some times that you cannot be diapered. While that period you are vulnerable to accidents.

So, rather than continuing to wear 24/7 I have decided to take a break for a month to retrain my bladder. (No Diapers November) I plan to continue wearing 24/7 again starting from December.

I would like to know if this incident is something to be concerned about (medically). Also if you guys had any similar incidents like this in the pool? I would also like to know about how you incontinent people swim? Is there any special diapers or products that can be used while swimming?

Thank you for reading

First of all, you don't have to worry so much about peeing in the pool. As far as I know, some people, especially children do this on purpose and they have special chemicals in the pools to counter that (and kill most of the bacteria, that can get into the water).
As for IC people, there are swim diapers indeed, but they only catch solid waste. Some have cloth lining, but that only can be of any use before getting into the pool and can only absorb a VERY small amount.
The pool in my area actually requires people with incontinence (no matter which one) to wear swim diapers, despite their obvious uselessness...

Technically speaking, peeing in pools isn't the best idea because urine reacts to the chlorine to create substances that could be harmful to health. https://www.popsci.com/peeing-in-pool But in most situations, it's not going to reach toxic levels. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. I do it on the rare occasion.

While urine isn't sterile, it's clean enough that the normal pool sanitizers take it in stride as well as any other organic material you've introduced. Seriously you'd have to start turning the water yellow before that's a problem.

Feces is another matter entirely.

willnotwill said:
While urine isn't sterile, it's clean enough that the normal pool sanitizers take it in stride as well as any other organic material you've introduced. Seriously you'd have to start turning the water yellow before that's a problem.
Feces is another matter entirely.

Well commented !
Unless you are badly dehydrated (strong yellow) and someone is looking right into your crouch area nothing to fear - the color will dissipate quickly enough.
As for smell - probably not going to be a problem if you just stir the water around a bit - the chemicals will take care of the rest - chlorine has its own strong smell.
And of course you are not going to make a habit of this - if caught you will have problems to deal with but that is a personal discussion but not here.
Re: the fecal matter is not going to be immediate problem if you just leave the pool and leave no evidence - hard to do when swimming buck naked.
If you are susceptible to diarrhea you should not be in a pool spa hot tub whatever - that is gross negligence.
But aside from that - accidents do happen as long as they are not too frequent and you are the only one leaving the telltale watermarks.

A lot of people pee in the pool ABDL or not ABDL, A swimming pool is full of urine so dont worry about it.

So, does that mean it would be ok to do it? I think I would like to try doing it again.

Adiba said:
So, does that mean it would be ok to do it? I think I would like to try doing it again.

In my opinion, it is ok to pee in a pool accidently but I didn't think it's a good idea to purposely pee in a pool.

BabyDenise said:
In my opinion, it is ok to pee in a pool accidently but I didn't think it's a good idea to purposely pee in a pool.

I second that. I will add I was swimming in a hotel pool once and I forgot the room key which opens the bathroom next to the pool. I knew I wouldn't make it to the room and I didn't want to stand in the grass as it might be obvious so...

But, yeah, as a pool owner who does his own chemicals, a little here and there does not make a difference. The chemicals take care of it. When we have toddlers who have #2 accidents, we close the pool for the day and shock it. One time we had a pool party for neighborhood kids all under 8. No one stopped swimming to use the bathroom. :detective1:

I don’t know if it the diaper because I started wearing more than one a month last month as every time I am in the pool I get urge to pee, and pee a lot and when I take a long bath with warm water, sometimes I started peeing without realizing

Peepeegirl said:
I don’t know if it the diaper because I started wearing more than one a month last month as every time I am in the pool I get urge to pee, and pee a lot and when I take a long bath with warm water, sometimes I started peeing without realizing
Common enough - when I am standing in front of a sink with running water the urge is there.
Once the flow starts it is hard to ignore the compelling need to empty - not simply a mind over matter.
Being aware of compromising situations and avoiding them is perhaps the best but stuff happens !
Try and keep it down to a little piddle ! LOL !

I thought that you had to pee in the pool? 🤔
😜

Anyway, don't worry about it or feel that you're dirty as any body of water (including swimming pools) is filled with all kinds if bodily gunk.
I remember emerging from a dive to the bottom of a public pool with a ton of slimey snot hanging out of my nose and down my chin......and i couldn't be sure that it was mine or somebody else's.
🤭

Last edited:
I have young grandsons. We put up the "Welcome to our OOL" sign. They think it's hillarious.

Back