Finally Accepting My Incontinence

How is knowing that you will wet yourself while on this walk and doing nothing to hinder that any different than someone pulling down their underwear and doing the same thing? Having an accident isn't against the law, but what you've described is not having an accident. Wear some sort of protection, whether its incontinence pads, or pull on absorbent underwear, or full on taped diapers.

It took me no time at all to accept my incontinence because I have been having accidents for the past 2 years. Last summer, I wrenched my back really bad and developed full blown bladder and bowel incontinence for about 2 weeks. It has improved and now I consider myself partially bladder and bowel incontinent. I find no reason to be mad about my condition because it is just a part of getting older and I have major back problems that frequently cause incontinence in many people.

ipee2much said:
Public urination is against the law but that refers to people who pull their pants down, open their zipper, or in the case of women pull their dress up and pee. It's unlikely to be arrested for peeing on yourself. If you stand up in from of people and let it go, yes. However, if you let it go discreetly and others around are unaware, then no, especially if there is no restroom available. The park I go to during my walk has no restroom. The pee is coming out whether I want it to or not. I prefer to have control over it as to when. I would rather discreetly let it out there than try making all the way back and having a gusher that others are sure to see. When that happened to me, I was just lucky that no one was watching at the time. When my gusher occurred, it didn't care if anyone was watching or not. That pee was coming out no matter what. I never asked for this problem but I do what I feel is best for me.
While it's possible that is true for where you live, that's not usually the case. Take a look at 5b in the link below. Taking your penis out to pee in public is considered sexual battery in mkst casea. However, even without exposing yourself, if anyone notices and take affront with it, then you've still probably committed a misdemeanor crime.
https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/public-urination/

ipee2much said:
I have just accepted my situation and don't care. I still like to take my 2 mile walk which I cannot complete without having to go. I just make sure I'm wearing pants or shorts that are really dark and make of quick drying material. When I get to the park which is the half way point and has no bathroom...

Lowering stress is important. It has a way of causing your body to react in unhealthy ways. FWIW consider using a low capacity product to get you through the walks. These fit under exercise clothes nicely.

ipee2much said:
I guess you are right. I have an overactive bladder which was a real problem when I was working. There were times when I was working on something and would put off going to the bathroom only to end up having to rush to get there and most time just barely making it. There is medication but I don't like dealing with side effects, so I use it only when traveling since I don't have as much control as I would like over getting to a restroom. Since I have retired and I'm not traveling, I have just accepted my situation and don't care. I still like to take my 2 mile walk which I cannot complete without having to go. I just make sure I'm wearing pants or shorts that are really dark and make of quick drying material. When I get to the park which is the half way point and has no bathroom, I just let it out after seeing that no one is looking or no one else is in the park. After that, I continue with the second half of my walk and I'm dry by the time I get back. On my way back, after the first five minutes if someone passes me, they and see that I'm wet, but just in case, I usually have a sweat jacket or a t-shirt to hold in front of me. I feel that's a lot better than trying to make it all the way back, then having a huge accident just before I can get back. That actually happened once and I was delayed getting back because I had to wait until I was dry enough. My realization of my situation and knowing that there isn't a lot I can do about it makes me more calm now. I'm more relaxed and feel that if it happens, it happens. Most of the time when I'm out, there's usually a restroom around somewhere. If not, I usually find a way to get rid out it discreetly.

Dude, why not wear a diaper? Just wetting your pants like that is so gross.

Calico said:
Dude, why not wear a diaper? Just wetting your pants like that is so gross.

Agreed, accepting one is incontinent also includes accepting you need a pullup, diaper, or such, to properly manage it. Accepting you like to wetting your pants in public is not fully accepting you're incontinent. It's accepting your gross, and without accepting you might be breaking the law while you're at it. Of which makes the act borderline immoral AND illegal.

Back