Is there one pullup out there that doesn't suck?

MaleoMist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Title says it all. I've tried drynites/goodnites which are great with a booster and if the sides don't tear on me, but they do a lot of the time. I've tried the Tena lady pants which are sad looking and leaked on me many times. I'm making my way through all pullups on SaveExpress, but if anyone has any good experiences you could share that would be awesome.

I just finished a pack of Tena for men maxi , best ive used so far , currently in Depend overnite , but i had a leak earlier in them.... so far not so good !

I have found that Sams Club membersmark total protection for me are pretty decent for daytime use for the price.

Pull-ups aren't my thing but Abena Abri-Flex Premium Pull-On Underwear were reasonably effective for what they were supposed to be. I've also read positive reactions to Northshore Care's pull-ups but if you're using SaveExpress, Northshore Care may not be a viable option.

I like the Tena ladies pull ups. NS pull ups leaked for me.

Nope

Pullups are mainly for very minor bladder issues ie small drips or surges, Premium taped diapers are easier to change while out and about and are way more absorbant and reliable then pullups. I wear Betterdry dry or crinklz diapers 24/7 and I have learned to trust them to do thier job and my pants stay dry.

Northshore sent me a sample of their GoSupreme pull-ons with my case of mega, and I have to say they're okay. ("okay" is going to be my highest rating for pull-ons, for various reasons) Waist elastic wasn't as over-the-top as I've seen in the past, while waist hold was good and leak guards were actually useful. (the leak guards on many pull-ups are a joke) The padding didn't come up very high at all in the front is my biggest issue. I don't know if that's what they want to do though, as they're not intended for capacity. But it does prevent them from being an effective side-sleeper option. They should work great for minor daytime IC though. With the changes to the waist elastic, they're the best fitting and most comfortable pull-up I've tried.

(padding in the back is slightly better, so they probably will work acceptably well for light overnight use if you're a back-sleeper)

If you're considering trying pull-ups, get some samples from NorthShore. They have a few different types and you might find something you like.

Last edited:
Abena Abri-flex....also love that they have wetness indicator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't really heard good things about any pull up

Abena makes the current best pull up. I have tried them all.

It depends on what you're trying to use the pullups for. For very minor stress leakage, or occasional spurts, then yes there are some pullups out there which don't completely suck. For anything more than that though, no they all suck. Badly.

Walmart store brand is not bad with a booster
Northshore supreme (I think) with their booster holds a lot of liquid. I have had 3 or 4 full releases during the day and have not leaked through. That said you do have to try and meter the flow a little bit. I have never just let loose.

The waist band is, as others have said, a weak point but I wear long johns or briefs to hold them up until I can get onesies.

This is the best option for me but your mileage may vary. Good luck

Back