AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So I've been using the North Shore Boosters/Inserts for a while now as the previous brand I used doesn't exist anymore (As far as I can tell, it was some generic store brand I got off of the walgreens website lol) I digress, so the Boosters I've noticed seem to tear open at the ends, as if they aren't properly sealed shut, out of the package they're fine, though after even a little bit of wearing, if they get even mildly damp, the end tears open, as if it's like a zipper that just unzipped, leaving it more like a bag that contains the sap (And does a poor job of it if you're say, laying in bed)

Has anyone else had this experience? It's happened to me every time now I've gotten their booster pads, am I just getting bad batches or is this something other people experience to? Is it worth sending in a support ticket???

I've been using the North Shore brand small and medium boosters for years and have never experienced any problems. ABU's Power Ups have been great also.
On the other hand, I have experienced frequent tearing issues with Total Dry boosters.

I generally try to stay away from boosters*. They do absolutely noting to improve the performance of the diaper, only delay how long before you will leak. And not if, but when, you do leak there is more pee there to leak out thanks to the booster. Boosters will also reduce the effectiveness of leak guards unless the guards on your diaper are incredibly tall. Then theres also the price. If you're always using a booster then you're usually better off rolling the cost of the booster into getting slightly better diapers that have the same total absorpion yet will also perform better too.

*they are good for when you've been drinking a lot and you intend to remove the booster early so as to delay how long you need to change without truly sacrificing the performance of your diaper in the end. Also as mentioned, they can work ok IF you have very tall leak guards (most diapers simply do not though).

It happens to me all the time. That's my main issue with them, is that the ends open when we're and the contents spill out into the diaper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
I generally try to stay away from boosters*. They do absolutely noting to improve the performance of the diaper, only delay how long before you will leak. And not if, but when, you do leak there is more pee there to leak out thanks to the booster. Boosters will also reduce the effectiveness of leak guards unless the guards on your diaper are incredibly tall. Then theres also the price. If you're always using a booster then you're usually better off rolling the cost of the booster into getting slightly better diapers that have the same total absorpion yet will also perform better too.

*they are good for when you've been drinking a lot and you intend to remove the booster early so as to delay how long you need to change without truly sacrificing the performance of your diaper in the end. Also as mentioned, they can work ok IF you have very tall leak guards (most diapers simply do not though).

I don't really have this problem, they work perfectly fine with ABU diapers and Dry 24/7s as well as Aww So Cutes and Rearz Princess diapers, atleast for me, I can even get away stacking multiples together and I still don't leak with them. (Though I do notice diminishing returns if one were to stack more than two, then again that's just a for fun thing and not something I do regularly.)

But yeah I don't have problems with leaking because of them, I notice a substantial increase in capacity as well. Perhaps you just tried crappy boosters? The Northshore ones aren't exactly super thick, so leak guard height shouldn't be a problem.

-

But yeah, it just bugs me that all the contents get into the diaper, like Yooo said, though, babylilygirl, perhaps it's not an issue with the smaller sizes of boosters from Northshore? Would explain why you don't have the issue, since I'm referring to the large ones.

If you're going to take a medium quality diaper ($1.50) and add a decent booster ($0.75), you're just not likely to get the same level of overall performance than if you'd just bought a premium ($2.25) diaper.

I just don't find them worth it most of the time. The only time I use them nowadays is when I feel like wearing a thinner diaper (during the day) that looks good (like say, a crinklz) but want some added bulk for a better feel/look. (with no interest in capacity)

bambinod said:
If you're going to take a medium quality diaper ($1.50) and add a decent booster ($0.75), you're just not likely to get the same level of overall performance than if you'd just bought a premium ($2.25) diaper.

I just don't find them worth it most of the time. The only time I use them nowadays is when I feel like wearing a thinner diaper (during the day) that looks good (like say, a crinklz) but want some added bulk for a better feel/look. (with no interest in capacity)

Well like I said I don't have a problem with the boosters working or the diapers working, I'm not leaking, what I have a problem with is the SAP from inside of the booster getting into the diaper.

AddyShadows said:
I don't really have this problem, they work perfectly fine with ABU diapers and Dry 24/7s as well as Aww So Cutes and Rearz Princess diapers, atleast for me, I can even get away stacking multiples together and I still don't leak with them. (Though I do notice diminishing returns if one were to stack more than two, then again that's just a for fun thing and not something I do regularly.)

But yeah I don't have problems with leaking because of them, I notice a substantial increase in capacity as well. Perhaps you just tried crappy boosters? The Northshore ones aren't exactly super thick, so leak guard height shouldn't be a problem.

-

But yeah, it just bugs me that all the contents get into the diaper, like Yooo said, though, babylilygirl, perhaps it's not an issue with the smaller sizes of boosters from Northshore? Would explain why you don't have the issue, since I'm referring to the large ones.

I've tried all kinds of boosters over the years. From the oversized northshore ones, to other boosters, to maxi pads, to baby diapers. The best I've found, by far, is a size 1 or 2 baby diaper.

I've found no matter the diaper, you need to leave a gap between the side of the booster and the inside of the leak barrier. This leaves a channel for pee to be redirected back to the inside of the diaper. If the booster is right up against the leak guards then it's more like a dam waiting to burst.

Also, if your booster gets swollen thick enough to actually lift the leak guard off your skin (even just a slight bit), then it's not a barrier at all, more like water under the bridge.

Cost has been another factor for me too. EVERY booster, and every maxi pad has a higher cost per absorption amount than most any baby diaper I've seen. And thanks to an economy of scale and massive R&D departments, baby diapers almost always work better than similarly sized boosters, and at a lower cost. Just don't go with too big of a baby diaper or you'll risk the problems I've mentioned.

I use the Northshore XL contour booster. They have worked well for me for years.

I don't buy from North Shores because each time I look at their site I get ads on other sites I view. I am sorry I don't the rest of my family walk by my computer and see adult diapers with prints.

Lestat said:
I don't buy from North Shores because each time I look at their site I get ads on other sites I view. I am sorry I don't the rest of my family walk by my computer and see adult diapers with prints.

That's easily solved by turning on whatever private browser feature your browser has. This does two things: 1: it stops information from being saved on your computer for others to stumble across later, and 2: it stops your computer from sending trackable information from stored cookies on your computer TO the web site and its affiliates, that may cause your activities to have consequences later (like targeted advertising)

So basically your diaper browsing isn't saved on your computer OR in the cloud. Once your close the browser, it's like it never happened. The ONLY identifiable information that will remain is things like web sites knowing history on an IP address (which is practically never used, since addresses are often shared and do change over time) which web sites may see for awhile, and of course your ISP, which may cache that info for awhile but only ever really uses for law enforcement subpoenas.

Lestat said:

Sorry about that. Ads can be disabled by clicking on the Ad Choices triangle in the top right corner of an ad. It will disable all future instances of that same type of ad.

Back