i don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
the pharmacy where i get my diapers from is practicing some highly unusual business tactics.
one day i wanted to place a big order and when i got to the confirm order screen i got a message saying "the product has a limit of one piece per purchase" which means you can only buy a single bag of a certain brand and size at a time.
for example you can buy attends medium and large and/or attends and molicare in the same order but not two bags of attends medium.

it just doesn't make any sense why they wouldn't want their customers to buy more of their product and give them more money.
to make it even more confusing they once sent me an email to inform me that my order can't be completed because their stock ran out and i took the opportunity to ask them if it would be possible to change the order to four bags of attends medium to which they replied "of course we can send you four bags" which leaves me wondering what they were thinking when they decided on that one per purchase rule

So those were two different orders, at completely different times. Right? I'd guess the first one you mentioned they only had a limited stock of Attends medium. They, and you, needed to leave just enough else for everyone to have just enough untill the store could get more in stock. That's why you were limited to just one bag of Attends per orser. And the Molicare probably wasn't in limited stock, so yeah you could get more of those if you wanted.

The second time you mentioned, you didn't way what you were trying to get. Was it a case of 4, and you changed it to 4 bags? For that I'd guess they probably had a limited number of unopened cases, but still just enough of individual bags in stock. That happens to even distributors sometimes.

All this begs a big question though. Why are you using Attends? With such a limited capacity they require a LOT of extra changes throughout the day. That drives their per-day cost up pretty high. I'm sure you could save plenty if you went with a more capable diaper.

it wasn't just once, it was always like that. no matter which brand i tried to order at any time i got the same message pop up so it couldn't be a limited stock thing. they don't sell cases either, only single bags but apparently you can still order a case without the discount if you just ask them.

secondly, i live in EU so our attends are the good ones unlike their american branch. they don't hold that much but they are plastic backed and tightly fit my small body. besides that, i only wear them at night and only when i want to feel little

Alexia said:
it wasn't just once, it was always like that. no matter which brand i tried to order at any time i got the same message pop up so it couldn't be a limited stock thing. they don't sell cases either, only single bags but apparently you can still order a case without the discount if you just ask them.

secondly, i live in EU so our attends are the good ones unlike their american branch. they don't hold that much but they are plastic backed and tightly fit my small body. besides that, i only wear them at night and only when i want to feel little

Ah, thanks for the clarifications. And yeah, I've heard how many crap diapers we have over here go by the same name in the EU but are WAY better.

I don't know why they would do that to you too then either.

There's two possible reasons that I came up with (I'm not saying these ARE the reasons nor am I saying these are good reasons):

1. The store doesn't have room in the warehouse for as much stock as they may really need or they can not get as many bags/cases as they want. Therefore they restrict the order to allow as many people as possible to get some diapers.

2. The store has had problems in the past where one or more people tend to purchase a LOT of diapers, far more than they would typically need and the store doesn't want to act as a middle man as these people are probably reselling the diapers.

As I said, these are two reasons off the top of my head. I have no information about the real reason for this situation with your pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back