Dont you hate winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wouldn't mind winter, except I have asthma, and for some reason winter makes Asthma horrible.

I usually end up getting Bronchitis and/or Laryngitis once or twice every winter, so I know what to do to make sure I (slowly) get better, it's still usually 2 or 3 weeks of suffering, but it does ease up at some point making it a lot more bearable.

Unfortunately it had just started being winter On and Off in my neck of the woods and I'm sick again.

It isn't horrible besides that my voice is raspy and sounds deeper, but unlike some times I haven't actually lost it (sometimes with Laryngitis I sound like I'm whispering, even if I'm trying to talk at a normal volume).

I have plenty of medicine and I will be alright though.

I like the turn of seasons. They all seem like a bit much by the end of a season but then things change and it's good. Sorry, that it makes your asthma worse. For me, it's an excuse to bundle up.

Do I hate winter? I do not. I don't exactly enjoy the difficulties winter weather can place on daily life, but I generally don't mind cold temperatures.

Each season has its time and its place, and their corresponding customs give variety to life.

i would rather wear diapers in winter than in the hot summer

i wish my country had seasons but no it has to be either sunny or rainy, kinda boring. it would be awesome to wear diapers in the winter.

Yes I do.... but only because it is not cold enough, also no snow, at least where I live.

I prefer Winter and Fall over the other two sesaons. Spring means winter is over and also that summer is coming, and I loathe summer with a passion, too hot and I melt and get very irritable in heat.

BabyTyrant said:
I wouldn't mind winter, except I have asthma, and for some reason winter makes Asthma horrible.

I usually end up getting Bronchitis and/or Laryngitis once or twice every winter, so I know what to do to make sure I (slowly) get better, it's still usually 2 or 3 weeks of suffering, but it does ease up at some point making it a lot more bearable.

It will be the dry air that's causing your problems. Cold air can't hold as much moisture as warmer air, and warming the air up in your house doesn't add any extra moisture by itself. The less humid air dries out your mucus membranes which causes irritation and makes things like asthma worse. You may want to look into getting a humidifier if it's a recurring problem. Hopefully this winter isn't too bad for you, and remember to get your flu shot.

I love winter because I love playing in the snow (big kid at heart, we don't get it often) and I love snuggly things so it's an excuse to wrap up. I'm sure it'd be much easier to be discretely padded under the extra clothes too. Walking to work when it's below freezing isn't so fun, but the scenery is beuatiful when it's frozen. All the 4 seasons have their upsides. I'm glad we get some variety.

I love winter because hot weather makes my migraines worse, also I like wearing long sleeves and snuggly jumpers. The rain can be annoying when I'm cycling to the train station, but I can always take the bus if it's too bad. I also sleep much better when it's cold in my room, especially when I can hear the rain on my window. In summer I always get sick cause my body can't handle the heat,

So no, I don't hate winter :)

I hate the short days but nappies make it more bearable :)

I hate winter with a passion. I can't get out and walk or bike ride, at least not in comfort. It has just turned cold and rainy here in central Virginia. It's caused my depression to get worse, probably because my wife died in mid October, just when the weather was turning colder. The arrival of colder weather seems to have triggered an emotional response in me, one of deeper depression. I guess I'll get used to it, maybe after Christmas and New Years when I'm not depressed by the so called holidays.

We had a high yesterday of 24 (Fahrenheit) -8 celsius...(if I have the conversion correct) and the low was 7 F... And snow... lots of it. Most people in Texas would call it an ice age if the temperature goes below freezing // melting. But I'm in Colorado and the usual temps WERE much lower. I moved here 14 years ago.Tava (Pikes Peak) was continually snow capped. Year round.
It changed quick 12 years ago. I got a big case of bronchitis, probably from the exhaust fumes. There's serious speculation at the Sweat Lodges that the earth mother is committing suicide. Might be true, might be perception. I miss regular winter.

I don't hate the winter itself. But its frustrating when It's dark when going to work and also when I return home. And you need much more clothes. You can't simply go on a bike ride or go jogging.

But I really like skiing.

Just got off work at 2AM, 30 degrees, snowing.

Winter + being sick + 12 hour shift = insanely exhausting, bought to go to bed in a few minutes.

I also hate winter. My left leg had about 3" of the bone pulverized, and all the ligaments in both knees are blown out. The cold is absolutely painful for me now because of it. I even left my family in Michigan and moved to Florida because I had to get away from the worst of the cold.

Living in a subtropical desert region, I love "winter" here.

It's 77° F outside right now.

Gorgeous!

Snow is a rarity I've only seen twice in my lifetime.

I live in rhode island, so yeah screw winter....

I love winter for one reason....jackets! I have a wide collection of winter coats that I really only get two months out of the year to use.

I like the winter...for the most part. My room gets really cold at night, but that just means that I get to pull out thicker blankets.
The only thing I don't like about the winter time is my AB/DL/LG clothes are all skirts and onesies so I can't wear them comfortably.

angelicprince said:
I like the winter...for the most part. My room gets really cold at night, but that just means that I get to pull out thicker blankets.
The only thing I don't like about the winter time is my AB/DL/LG clothes are all skirts and onesies so I can't wear them comfortably.

That's why I wish more companies made long-sleeve onesies! Seriously, even when they make a onesie with a hood, there are still short sleeves on everything. Why? Long sleeves are so comfy and can look super duper cute!

I live in North Florida it rarely gets below freezing here. But, a fresh diaper helps keep me warm. In the winter I wear a cover of some sort when outside. This helps keep my downstairs warm when I am wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back