Dont you hate winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem I have with Winter is the shortness of daylight hours. I actually prefer there to be snow on the ground, as it can brighten things up by reflecting light on those dark nights.

On Wednesday it got down to -27 fahrenheit wind chill of around -50. Yes it does hurt my teeth when I take a breath but I can tolerate the cold a whole lot better than I can snakes. Our little garter snakes we have around here creep me out enough lol.

I actually don't particularly mind winter. As I live in Australia, winter is mild, and is a relief from summer, which is not mild.

Thankfully it looks like winter is over for Florida. We are in full swing of spring now, with temps consistently in the 70's and the occasional light shower.

For sure. The worst part about winter is the snow on the roads and having to unbury your car before you can go out. It's also particularly bad for me because I live on a hill and I got stuck several times trying to go up it. It's not that they don't plow it, it's that there gets to be a lot of pack ice on it and if you lose momentum going up it, you're screwed.

buddylee said:
i would rather wear diapers in winter than in the hot summer
Good point. And sleepers are unbearable in the summer, too!

But, when it gets way cold I'm prone to say, "Winter is sooo last century" (kind of a global warming alarm)

But, you can always put on more clothes but folks tend to frown when you take too many off!

Fireplaces!
Snuggling!
Snow is sooo pretty

Last edited:
What really sucks about winter is that there is no humidity at all outside and even though snow could be a splendid aspect, it stirs up trouble among the roads and the rails. But I do get to wear really cute jammies at night.

I'm winter's hater: Cold, dirt, snow, salted/iced roads, artrosis, episodes of bronchitis and The Worst: Christmas.

Last edited:
I will stand up for Winter and openly say that I love it and judging by this topic page alone, it seems like I'm one of the few people who think about it like that. :D

I don't mind the cold, I don't get sick as easily, which doesn't make that a problem for me either, I don't own or drive a car, so I don't mind the traffic or the ice, I love the decreasing hours of sunlight (I have light-sensitive eyes anyway and I just prefer the night over the day... so, "more night" is always better in my opinion :p) and I absolutely adore snowy landscapes.

What's not to love about it for me? Maybe just some slippery pavements, but I can cope with that and it's a small price for my favourite season, to be honest. Apart from that, I prefer it over Summer in every way.

This weekend we got about an inch and a half of cold rain now followed by 60 mph wind gusts. All we get anymore is rain. I'm hoping for a dry summer so I can get out on my bike.

I can say that I "hate winter". I would rather have to warm up then cool down. But it is hell on me.

I get depressed way easier this time of year and Get tired of the "trapped in the house" because its raining to hard or snowing (infrequently), and yes my joints tell me when a pressure change is going on outside. But to have a good spring and summer, got to have winter for the snow pack to water the garden in august.

So no I do not love winter but I do not hate it either.

Im with Slomo. Down here in Florida its so much better in the winter. All your snowbird friends come back...(Snowbirds are a term we use to describe people who spend only the winter down here and go back north for the summer) granted we also get like almost no rain at all

I prefer winter, winter you can always add more layers, you can't take many off when its hot.

Though in Australia summer can get to 47°C and winter in my area around 0°C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back