Diapers you wore as a baby?

I wore off-brand BJ’s cloth-like disposables. I only know that because my parents still use a box from them for Christmas decorations, though; I don’t remember wearing them.

I do remember wearing Pull-ups, though; I don’t remember the designs on them, but I remember my Spiderman Underoos I wore around the same time.

pampers4U said:
Im pretty sure pampers and luvs (circa 1985 baby) I do remember they were white, no memory of any tape panel or anything.
My second time around in diapers (circa 1996-97) was pampers, my choice then pampers till 1999-2000 (they switched to a hybrid cloth / plastic) then to just a cloth like cover so I started getting luvs. I wore luvs until 2001 when I out grew them :(

You must have a life-long medical condition that requires protection. It is good that you were still able to take advantage of what P&G and Kimberly Clark had to offer at age 16, and avoiding the adult products which were far inferior back then. I was using Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies as part of a pad and pant system, and they worked out very well and were the most discrete by far. Indeed, they made Pampers and Luvs far better back then than they do today.

You probably feel fortunate you out-grew them just before the companies started to severely thin them out, since the current adult-sized ABDL diapers are bound to be thicker and more comfortable. The one throwback on the adult-sized garments, is that they don't have a nice scent, for the most part. But then, even Luvs and Pampers made today are literally void of any perfume, and Huggies have no scent at all. They make baby diapers so wafer thin, they would feel like a regular skivvies, and have about the same absorbency. I never thought much of it, but I guess I feel lucky I'm able to fit the adult medium size.

When I am functioning at my best, and working around an environment that is hostile to someone with my handicap, I still have to go the pad/pant route and deal with a size 6 or 7 cloth-like super-thin super-"breathable" Huggies "insert" so I can maintain a slim, discrete profile and improve my agility. But, they are so thin and feel cold, while still allowing enough freedom for me to map out restrooms and do a 30 second swap when required. I'm just glad that clerks are understanding when they see me ring up a box of Pampers Size 7. Kindness matters!

Reactions: Diprs2
pampers4U said:
Im pretty sure pampers and luvs (circa 1985 baby) I do remember they were white, no memory of any tape panel or anything.
My second time around in diapers (circa 1996-97) was pampers, my choice then pampers till 1999-2000 (they switched to a hybrid cloth / plastic) then to just a cloth like cover so I started getting luvs. I wore luvs until 2001 when I out grew them :(

I quite remember the two major disappointments about diapers in my teens.
First was when I found out that even the biggest size didn't fit anymore and I had to fabricate bigger ones. Two pampers and sticky stape basically.
The second disappointment came when I found out that almost all premium brands had switched to cloth like covers. For a short period of time the next supermarket had its own, still plastic backed brand so I would get this. But this didn't last long.

Honeywell6180 said:
You must have a life-long medical condition that requires protection. It is good that you were still able to take advantage of what P&G and Kimberly Clark had to offer at age 16, and avoiding the adult products which were far inferior back then. I was using Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies as part of a pad and pant system, and they worked out very well and were the most discrete by far. Indeed, they made Pampers and Luvs far better back then than they do today.

You probably feel fortunate you out-grew them just before the companies started to severely thin them out, since the current adult-sized ABDL diapers are bound to be thicker and more comfortable. The one throwback on the adult-sized garments, is that they don't have a nice scent, for the most part. But then, even Luvs and Pampers made today are literally void of any perfume, and Huggies have no scent at all. They make baby diapers so wafer thin, they would feel like a regular skivvies, and have about the same absorbency. I never thought much of it, but I guess I feel lucky I'm able to fit the adult medium size.

When I am functioning at my best, and working around an environment that is hostile to someone with my handicap, I still have to go the pad/pant route and deal with a size 6 or 7 cloth-like super-thin super-"breathable" Huggies "insert" so I can maintain a slim, discrete profile and improve my agility. But, they are so thin and feel cold, while still allowing enough freedom for me to map out restrooms and do a 30 second swap when required. I'm just glad that clerks are understanding when they see me ring up a box of Pampers Size 7. Kindness matters!

Nope, strictly a DL, my second go around, I had to watch my neighbors kid at age 10 for like 45min, he was a bigger toddler, I snuck a pamper from his room, tried it on in the bathroom, fit perfectly, I think at age ten I had like a 21” waist, wore them till age 15 (on and off as DL) using money I got for allowance / mowing lawns / birthdays. FYI when I graduated high school I only had a 28” waist... didn’t really start growing or filling out until my late teens early 20’s

pampers4U said:
Nope, strictly a DL, my second go around, I had to watch my neighbors kid at age 10 for like 45min, he was a bigger toddler, I snuck a pamper from his room, tried it on in the bathroom, fit perfectly, I think at age ten I had like a 21” waist, wore them till age 15 (on and off as DL) using money I got for allowance / mowing lawns / birthdays. FYI when I graduated high school I only had a 28” waist... didn’t really start growing or filling out until my late teens early 20’s

OK, thanks.

Pretty standard early 80's disposables. Luvs, pampers or huggies I'd presume. I do sorta remember wearing them and actually can remember pulling them down to go to the bathroom at night. Don't know how old I wore till though.

I was in diapers from birth to about seven years old.

I am fairly sure I was in Huggies and cheaper store-brand diapers from birth to about three and a half years old.

I have vague memories of two different youth diapers I wore after that - I think earlier a blank white one, and after that a blue one with a yellow(?) wetness indicator.

From what I'm told, my parents tried all disposable brands including Luvs, Pampers, & Huggies. Luvs and Pampers were used more though because I evidently had leaking issues with Huggies.

Late 70's early 80's Pampers. Oh Lord I can still smell them
Wish crinklz could duplicate that smell!!!

Reactions: mbta12, Bbjames and rocketman
JustinDB87 said:
From what I'm told, my parents tried all disposable brands including Luvs, Pampers, & Huggies. Luvs and Pampers were used more though because I evidently had leaking issues with Huggies.
I was same mainly pampers for me. I always remember seeing boxes of pampers laying around In my closet room. In my dresser top drawers were always backed with disposible diapers and plastic pants. Many times during the day I ran around in diapers until I was six or so.

Reactions: Bbjames
CodyBaby said:
I was a BabyScott baby, this system doesn't exist anymore, its like reusable pocket plastic pants that had a pocket for a disposable insert that was the diapers I wore. I remember my mom slapping my hands a few times as I tried to take them off. I remember 2 of the designs, one was yellow gingham patterns and the other was blue gingham. You can find some pictures on google about them, it was a very cleaver system and I know 2 of my cousin actually used the same ones cause my parents gave them what we had left.
Huh interesting..,...
-kiwi

I wore Huggies Ultratrim 2000(cloth) all the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vintage84, jcwilliams343, Iron and 1 other person
Not really sure but I think it was either Huggies or Pampers not sure what diapers were available thirty years ago but I do also remember staying at my neighbor's house for the night and her making me use a pull-up so likely whoever makes pull-ups not sure who have not been able to wear diapers that size for a long time

A mix of cloth and Pampers during the early 80s.

Huggies

Leio said:
I mostly wore Huggies... I was told by my mom that Pampers always gave me a rash

Probably luvs for me, mom said I had the rash issue with pampers too.

it was the 1960s so cloth.

Reactions: ARBBB2 and Debbiecares4abdl
Generally cloth

Reactions: ARBBB2 and Debbiecares4abdl
I think I wore largely Pampers... I remember the turquoise Pampers bags being bought regularly when I was still nappy-age.
- -
Said that...I have a memory of a wearing nappy that was very plasticky. When did Pampers drop the plastic?

Reactions: Debbiecares4abdl
I wore huggies diapers, during the late 90's and early 2000's...
It's possible that I never wore pull ups
Or maybe just thought pampers only made pull ups because I saw those "I'm a big kid now" adds on cartoon network.

Btw little sicarthea was mad at those adds, the actor wore a pull-up he clearly WAS NOT a "big kid now" 😛

Reactions: Debbiecares4abdl and T3guuM44
Back