Diapers at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

maris

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
So I occasionally wet the bed, if I have had a lot of coffee to drink or an especially stressful day I know I'm going to wet so I wear a pull-up to bed. Sometimes I find myself waking up, remembering I'm wearing a pull-up and just going back to sleep instead of going to the bathroom even though I know it means I'll wet myself. Now's it's like the more I do it the easier it gets. It just makes life so much easier, I get more sleep so I'm more rested for the following day and my husband doesn't seem to mind me wearing them. Does anyone else do this?

Not sure if I count as "anyone else", 'cause I'm IC, but I sure do wear to bed (and during the day as well, obviously)...

If I get up to use the bathroom, the cats figure it is breakfast time and get obnoxious. So I just get up and pee in my diaper and go back to bed. Getting up and stretching helps with the old age arthritis.

I wake up and wet and go right back to sleep about four or five times a night , sometimes I don't wake up. Lol sometimes I don't wake up and don't wear a diaper.. oh well

One of my favorite things about wearing diapers is being able to wear at night and not Have to walk to the bathroom, even for a little tinkle.i don't even wake up. What's not to love about our lifestyle?!

I only wear diapers at night. I sometimes continue wearing it during the morning , until I get dressed.

maris said:
So I occasionally wet the bed, if I have had a lot of coffee to drink or an especially stressful day I know I'm going to wet so I wear a pull-up to bed. Sometimes I find myself waking up, remembering I'm wearing a pull-up and just going back to sleep instead of going to the bathroom even though I know it means I'll wet myself. Now's it's like the more I do it the easier it gets. It just makes life so much easier, I get more sleep so I'm more rested for the following day and my husband doesn't seem to mind me wearing them. Does anyone else do this?

I do the same thing! Except its been a long time since i've wet while completely asleep. Usually what happens anymore is that my bladder wakes me up, but only when it is full to the brim. So usually i can get up, and make it to the bathroom. Sometimes leaking on the way, sometimes not. Then I go in the toilet, and head back to my bedroom. Well, whenever my bladder gets filled up to the max, I tend to dribble for a while in my underwear after im done. I have been wearing goodnites, or depend, or walmart brand underwear for a long time to bed. Unless I am only going to sleep a short time and have an early alarm set, then I wear normal underwear.

Many times I have given into the temptation and just let it go in my pullup. But usually that causes a leak, and I hate washing pj's and sheets when i didnt need to. I just bought my first sack of real tape on diapers, Northshore Supreme. Gonna be trying them out for the next little while. So far the fit is a little tight, since i'm in-between sizes. But I love them otherwise. Comfy, discrete, and can take my full bladder no problem!

What pull-ups are you using that will hold without leaking?

I made the decision a long time ago to wear a diaper at night so I wouldn't have to get up during the night to go use the bathroom. My wife accepted it as well, so I just love it. Not sure a pullup would work to hold a whole night's worth of pee tho. Nice that your husband accepts it. Good luck.

Reactions: perlFerret
Being a male over 70 years, I experienced enlarged prostate and shrinking bladder which caused three to four night trips to the potty. Habit of drinking Coke didn't help the problem. After about four years, I was losing energy and drive to stay active during the day. Mild depression set in, especially during the Winter.
I bought some cloth diapers and PUL covers and after a period of waking and peeing in the diaper while standing, I was able to master sleeping through the night. Now I have converted to disposables, PUL, and a night onsie for warmth and support at the crotch level.
Since then I have enjoyed disposables in the morning and the early evening. Fortunately, after many discussions my wife and I have come to an understanding. Depression was eliminated and energy level resumed - and I now enjoy diapers more than ever.

I wear nappies and plastic pants at night and they are always soaking wet by morning. I haven't had a dry night in years.

I wear a diaper 24/7 because of urge incontinence. Sometimes I wet while asleep. However, more often than not, the sensation of a full bladder awakens me. When that happens, I just wet my diaper and go back to sleep. There is no point in getting up, because I begin wetting with no control as soon as I start to get out of bed.

Hello, i wear diapers 24/7 due to incontinence. I rarely wake up at night for peeing (often wake up for other reasons). But whenever I wake up and I can feel the need to pee then I just go in the diaper, anyway usually the diaper is wet already and like the person above, by the time i reach the toilet I likely would have gone in the diaper anyway. Most often this appears in the morning (like now) when I am enjoying a bit longer time in the warmth of my blankets before starting the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and I are in the same boat. Although I don't have any medical problems, I still wear diapers to bed. I wake up at the middle of the night and pee in the diaper and go back to sleep rather than going to the bathroom. It's become very easy to do. I wonder if I'm going to wet without waking up anytime soon

Reactions: fluffyprison
I wear them mostly through the day... i am no IC but I like to wear them when I have need and when I can.

But at night I am not so used to wear them, I can't sleep so good with them because I sweat more and I feel heat down there which I don't like so much and also I can't even pee when lying in bed because I am afraid that diapers will leak...
So I would like to sleep maybe more with diapers but I am not so comfortable with sleeping in them.

And also I am afraid if I sleep in them and then some day I woke up wet that this don't happen when I don't wear them...that would't be so good I think.

tillylenn said:
I wear them mostly through the day... i am no IC but I like to wear them when I have need and when I can.

But at night I am not so used to wear them, I can't sleep so good with them because I sweat more and I feel heat down there which I don't like so much and also I can't even pee when lying in bed because I am afraid that diapers will leak...
So I would like to sleep maybe more with diapers but I am not so comfortable with sleeping in them.

And also I am afraid if I sleep in them and then some day I woke up wet that this don't happen when I don't wear them...that would't be so good I think.

Just curious, what diapers are you using? That general fear they will leak often means you need better diapers, and/or more experience using them anyways in spite of that fear.

Ive been doing this for a while now. There have been points when I dont wear pull up and Ill wake up wetting the bed, but thats only happened maybe twice in a year. Plus, I wake up soon enough before I make a huge mess. I also think stress, and alcohol may have played a part in those situations. I recently realised that im much happier just wearing a pull up to bed, and wetting while still in bed. A wet diaper is a sign I slept amazing.

before I needed to use adult briefs full time, I would also hate getting up so many times at night to pee. Now, I just pee and mess in teh brief.

My little guy and I have been navigating this dynamic pretty successfully. There have been pros and cons of course. One of the pros since he has been wearing to bed most nights is he does not wake me up in the morning to use the bathroom. And When I need to go in the morning I’m not having to wait for him. The con however is while I understand going #2 in the morning is natural sometimes being woken up to a smelly diaper is not the greatest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back