bedwetting and telling friend.

ColinInDiapers

Colin
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I recently started wetting the bed every night since about a month and a half ago. I recently went 2 whole weeks without wetting the bed and figured that I didn't need diapers for bedwetting anymore. 5 days of being diaper free at night, I wet the bed. I woke up crying, I know now that I should be diapered at night for quite some time. So let's backtrack, the second night that I wet the bed, I bought goodnites thinking it would pass as I didn't want to use my abdl diapers. At this point I told my friend that I started wetting the bed. I have only known her for a short period but she was immediately very understanding and helpful. I said that I was embarrassed about wearing diapers, she told me that it was okay and that it's a medical condition and as long as I don't wear as a fetish. Obviously she doesn't know i'm abdl as well as a bedwetter.

Anyway, the goodnites started leaking after a while. So I went on ABUniverse late at night half asleep, I thought I was ordering a plain white diaper from ABU, nope I accidently ordered Peekabu which I have used as abdl diapers and love them but not as a bedwetting diaper. When they came in, I realized my mistake and told her about it and I asked her if she thought it looked like a baby diaper, she said yes, followed by " a diaper is a diaper, just because it looks like a baby diaper doesn't mean anything. no one will see it but you so who cares." She then said again that as long as I don't have a fetish, I said " well if i did wear diapers as a fetish you probably wouldn't talk to me anymore." she said " I'd take you to go see a therapist."

I don't have the courage to tell her that I am abdl. More DL than AB but still. Her and I are becoming pretty close after knowing each other for about 4 months. I'd like it to be more than just friends but I want to wait with both of us going to college and all. I know that I should probably wait a while before I tell someone but I'd rather not keep it a secret for the rest of my life, especially if we become more than just friends.

Well, you certainly shouldn't hurry. But... It seems to me, that this friend of yours isn't too against this fetish. The way she's aware of it's general existence, the way she's accepting in both situations you described... If you two become closer, close enough to be something more than friends, I'd say you could actually carefully approach her and bring this topic up. Pretty sure there won't be any extreme consequences.
Maybe I'm just applying my own way of thinking (which is very biased, greatly tilted towards ABDL) to her and she's different from what I see. But it would be worth trying.
Also, you should consider seeing a doctor about your bedwetting. It may just be stress or, perhaps, a side-effect of growing up (not sure about your age, sorry), but it could also mean something serious...

Elenwen said:
Well, you certainly shouldn't hurry. But... It seems to me, that this friend of yours isn't too against this fetish. The way she's aware of it's general existence, the way she's accepting in both situations you described... If you two become closer, close enough to be something more than friends, I'd say you could actually carefully approach her and bring this topic up. Pretty sure there won't be any extreme consequences.
Maybe I'm just applying my own way of thinking (which is very biased, greatly tilted towards ABDL) to her and she's different from what I see. But it would be worth trying.
Also, you should consider seeing a doctor about your bedwetting. It may just be stress or, perhaps, a side-effect of growing up (not sure about your age, sorry), but it could also mean something serious...

I have seen a doctor already. Forgot to throw that in there. They didn't notice any medical conditions. I have been stressed out lately with college and trying to get into a career. That may be what's causing it is what the Doctor suggested. He told me to give it a few months. It has certainly slowed down a little bit.

As far as telling the friend about abdl goes. I knew that I wanted to wait quite a bit. I'd like to eventually mention it but i will give it a lengthy amount of time. Well I figured I have gone my whole life so far without telling anyone that I personally know about being abdl.

Let's not forget she told you 'as long as it's not a fetish' twice.

Probably best to keep it to yourself for now. Be careful that you're not oversharing with someone you've only known for 4 months... youre 24, you have a lot of time to come to terms with it yourself.

She says twice “as long as it’s not a fetish”. Frankly, I don’t think she is accepting of it being a fetish. I think she’s only okay with it being a need currently and that is it. Sorry, but there’s some people out there who don’t understand and refuse to understand/accept it.

I would not tell her anything about a fetish. She'd likely to dump you it seems like.

Just keep buying them and wear them to bed with her. But sometimes put them on earlier, and make sure she sees you in them. Like whenever you shower and change to pj's, put one on, and do something with her like cuddle or watch a movie. Eventually, the diaper will be on when you get into frisky business.

If you can get her to associate you being diapered with that kinda activity, you will be well on your way! My favorite thing to do while wearing was showing her how to help me add some extra wetness to my goodnite before falling asleep, if you know what i mean...

I agree with the above posters, she has been definitive 2 times now about this. You have a need and she is ok with that. You have a very long way to go with all of this. Be careful that you don't do or say something that will chase her away as you will probably regret it. If you look closely enough around here there are very few of us that have accepting partners, and a whole lot more that wish they did. Right now, you are on the middle ground. Not as good as you might want it, but most certainly better than it usually is.

All my friends know I wet the bed.

Keep it to yourself. She has already told you that she does not accept the fetish side of diapers. Quit talking about it and look for another girl, this one is not going to be more than a friend, especially if she knows about it being a fetish. Be thankful she is ok with bedwetting and just drop the diaper talk you are not going to get her to be ok with the fetish side.

cd158 said:
So I recently started wetting the bed every night since about a month and a half ago. I recently went 2 whole weeks without wetting the bed and figured that I didn't need diapers for bedwetting anymore. 5 days of being diaper free at night, I wet the bed. I woke up crying, I know now that I should be diapered at night for quite some time. So let's backtrack, the second night that I wet the bed, I bought goodnites thinking it would pass as I didn't want to use my abdl diapers. At this point I told my friend that I started wetting the bed. I have only known her for a short period but she was immediately very understanding and helpful. I said that I was embarrassed about wearing diapers, she told me that it was okay and that it's a medical condition and as long as I don't wear as a fetish. Obviously she doesn't know i'm abdl as well as a bedwetter.

Anyway, the goodnites started leaking after a while. So I went on ABUniverse late at night half asleep, I thought I was ordering a plain white diaper from ABU, nope I accidently ordered Peekabu which I have used as abdl diapers and love them but not as a bedwetting diaper. When they came in, I realized my mistake and told her about it and I asked her if she thought it looked like a baby diaper, she said yes, followed by " a diaper is a diaper, just because it looks like a baby diaper doesn't mean anything. no one will see it but you so who cares." She then said again that as long as I don't have a fetish, I said " well if i did wear diapers as a fetish you probably wouldn't talk to me anymore." she said " I'd take you to go see a therapist."

I don't have the courage to tell her that I am abdl. More DL than AB but still. Her and I are becoming pretty close after knowing each other for about 4 months. I'd like it to be more than just friends but I want to wait with both of us going to college and all. I know that I should probably wait a while before I tell someone but I'd rather not keep it a secret for the rest of my life, especially if we become more than just friends.

Well it sounds like you're ok then. You yourself say you are a DL and a little AB, so it clearly isn't a fetish for you.

To me it's very odd that one of the first things she would say (if you've never mentioned ADBL) is "As long as it's not a fetish". Especially so to repeat it a second time unprompted.

I wouldn't expect most people to be aware that wearing nappies as a fetish exits, and even if they were, it wouldn't be the default thought when presented with someone with a legitimate need to wear them. Either she's noticed something when visiting you before and done a bit of research, or she's had an encounter with the ABDL scene in the past and it was very negative. It could be a tabloid newspaper story or something like that.

Either way, for now I think you should definitely keep it under wraps. She's made it very clear that she doesn't approve, whether she suspects it or not. If she does suspect it and it's a big problem for her, you'll find out down the line anyway. If she doesn't suspect it, I wouldn't give her any more reasons to. You're best hope is probably to show you're a 'normal' person and hopefully that will make her less likely to think it's an illness if it ever comes up later.

WoodlandWanderer said:
To me it's very odd that one of the first things she would say (if you've never mentioned ADBL) is "As long as it's not a fetish". Especially so to repeat it a second time unprompted.

I wouldn't expect most people to be aware that wearing nappies as a fetish exits, and even if they were, it wouldn't be the default thought when presented with someone with a legitimate need to wear them. Either she's noticed something when visiting you before and done a bit of research, or she's had an encounter with the ABDL scene in the past and it was very negative. It could be a tabloid newspaper story or something like that.

I was going to post the same thing. My thoughts exactly. Given how odd the statement is, and it being repeated, I have to admit that it calls into question the validity of the story in my mind. It's just not a default thought for someone to have. As mentioned though, there could be other reasons that the friend is aware of someone wearing as a fetish.

The "I'd take you to a therapist" line leans me to believe she either was trying to lighten the mood as you were the one who seemed bothered by the baby prints on the diapers, or she genuinely doesn't understand, either way there is no real reason to rush that you may have extra reasons for wearing a diaper especially if it will make you both more uncomfortable about it.

I'm still failing to see where the problem is with the OP and his friend. He is ABDL, she doesn't like diaper fetishts. There truly is no conflict there unless he wears diapers purely for the sexual aspect- which he doesn't as has already given a different reason.

Irregardless, diaper lovers and diaper fetishes are very close to each other. Being his girlfriend is so negative towards a diaper fetish she could easily get the two confused (as many here do as well). So the OP telling her he is abdl is probably not a good idea unless he is ready to thuroughly explain those differences.

I agree with everyone's comments. You need to get to know her better. I have told friends that I am a DL and they told other people or I lost them as friends. It is too juicy information for someone to gossip about you. Take it from me. I am 48. Only the nonjudgemental people and people who love you will understand.

Back