Modern vintage diapers

ben10hnt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is there any brand that sell diapers designed like those vintage baby diapers?

a lot of the modern vintage diapers were limited run, adult babie diaper makers preferring to pay professional artists (Marci McAdams on at least 3 products by different companies in fact) to design new cute designs, there were a few classic inspired designs but sometimes the copyrights for said designs get complicated and most of the ones I remember were limited run.

ben10hnt said:

The ABU SDK is designed to look like a Pampers from around 1998-2000, or around that time. Give or take a couple years. I actually have some of those Pampers still. They were the last plastic backed Pampers.

The ABU Cushie is also designed to look like an older diaper. I can't remember the name of it. It wasn't a big brand (Luvs, Huggies, Pampers, etc.). Hopefully someone else here can help me remember the name of the diaper the Cushie is based on.

Other than those two, I'm not familiar with any that are designed to look like a vintage diaper.

I know there was a company that made some diapers that looked like the disposables from the 70's. But they weren't something that most would like. No leak guards or really anything. Just very simple.

I think you could buy some of the ABU Simples (plain white diaper), and add your own design to the landing zone, if there was a certain design that you were after. I think it'd be neat to have some of the last plastic backed Luvs. The ones with the Barney print. I still have several packages of the Luvs as well.

I think the Cushies art pattern may be that of the Fitti brand.

ben10hnt said:

If you like single tape all-white, Rearz is just getting to the end of their Inspire Select run, all white diapers with single tapes and good features/performance. Get 'em while you can.

ABUniverse's cushies and sdk's are available in single tape also, either clothlike or plastic. capacity is fair. They have a very similar look to 80's baby diapers, and are the most economical "vintage look" diapers by far.

An older run by Rearz, Vintage Classic is hard to find but was the same shell as Inspire, with four tapes, and an actual old Pampers pattern on the tape panel. Out of production for awhile now, and very hard to find, but one of the best.

The best "modern" AB diaper on the market right now in my opinion is Bear Hugs. The print is juuust right, and it's got a premium quality design and nice velcro tabs with a soft plastic shell. (it's pretty pricey though)

And there are dozens of other diapers on the market right now that are very much worth considering if you just lower the bar a little bit. Today's selection is truly outstanding. Sometimes when I finish changing my diaper, I just like to look in the mirror and wonder to myself how this part of my life today is literally what I used to fantasize about, thinking it could never possibly come true. It's a great time to be an AB/DL!

bambinod said:
The best "modern" AB diaper on the market right now in my opinion is Bear Hugs. The print is juuust right, and it's got a premium quality design and nice velcro tabs with a soft plastic shell. (it's pretty pricey though)

What are Bear Hugs? I cant find them.

Just ordered 10 thanks for the link.

Rearz is bad for customer online service if u have too many issues , or complain they will tell you to buy else where and black list you from buying their products! i might still suport or buy from a local vendor selling their products but it has left a sour taste in me even tho i like their products and bought about 4 or so cases this month! :(

I actually second the bear hugz. Trying them out for the first time. They have a lot of qualities that remind me of baby diapers that were around when I was growing up

rearz just down right cost to much for the number of diapers you get and a bit to babish for me i may be wrong but the crinklz are a good bit cheaper yet do very good work at keeping me dry and leaks to a very minimum yet printed but not super babish to me anyway

dwayne said:
rearz just down right cost to much for the number of diapers you get and a bit to babish for me i may be wrong but the crinklz are a good bit cheaper yet do very good work at keeping me dry and leaks to a very minimum yet printed but not super babish to me anyway

Keep in mind that their "pre,ium ABDL" diapers are all based on their non-premium plain white diapers. You can save some money on them too as they cost less. Check out their Inspire, what their thinner diapers are based on, and their Inspire+InControl, which is what all their thick diaper are based on. I like a nice pattern sometimes, but my heart is always in plain-white, so I really like that they're available that way, and save me a little money too. It's interesting to see how so many other companies START with a patterned diaper, and then later, due to demand, start producing it in all-white after the fact. (bambino bianco, abu simple, etc) Rearz started with white, and worked their way up to patterns. (some of which are regular products, but several others are "limited edition runs" to see if something takes off)

Back