Fallout 76

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is anyone interested in getting a server going whencthe game officially launches?

I am a big Fallout fan, have been since the original wasteland game, and even after they stole it and remade it into the first fallout game. I am not a fan of online only games though. Bethesda will be loosing out on my money this go around for sure.

I also have my doubts. I don't like the whole no NPC business.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I pre ordered , then cancelled it after seeing gameplay.
Have now re ordered for wednesday , if you sit and think about how bethesda are going about doing it , it really could be special.
Theyre are no NPCs because they want to make sure if you see another human , you know its a real person in the world.
I hate the idea but they want it to "Last forever" and it could, throw a crap tonne on DLCs that are free and im bought.
Looking forward to it.

I think they didn't include NPCs because they wanted to be lazy and make lots of money anyway.

ShippoFox said:
I think they didn't include NPCs because they wanted to be lazy and make lots of money anyway.
Seconded!!!

I have it. It's pretty fun actually.

It is kinda fun and technically there ARE npc's.... If you count the robots. Still, it would've been more fun with REAL npc's. Also wanna bet that's what the DLC are going to be used for?

Fallout 76 is such a piece of crap you will get more Amusement out of taking out your trash then playing the damn game

Well it is supposed to be an online multiplayer game right? It's just different. WHY do you dislike it?

I hate it cuz it's a buggy piece of garbage if it wasn't broken I would probably like it

No game is perfect and every Bethesda game tends to be a buggy mess. I know that's technically no excuse but bugs can be fixed.

kingdark said:
No game is perfect and every Bethesda game tends to be a buggy mess. I know that's technically no excuse but bugs can be fixed.

Have you seen the controversy surrounding the game? Fallout 76 is becoming very infamous. I've heard it has a hard to access story. Apparently the game itself is poorly designed as well as being bugged. There's even a refund controversy as well as a controversy surrounding the bag included with the collector's version of the game being made of nylon instead of canvas.

Yhea, I heard about that the refund policy is rather.... questionable. But on the other hand, and I'm just trying to look at it from their side, they sold a lot of copies and with so many (presumably) trying to get a refund, it must be overwhelming and it's hard to see (I think) how long the player has already played the game. With steam, you have to have played less than two hours and I think refund within a week? possibly? I'm not sure about the latter, but I'm sure about the two hours.

But going back to their refund policy, I think I remember reading that once activated that they don't refund at all? Something like that?

I have only played one fallout game, Fallout 3 back when I had a PS3 to play it on; I wasn't very impressed (ive seen much better graphics that generation and it seemed like a game that needed some kind of sense of direction) and never played any fallout game after that; I have heard of the scandal surrounding the collectors edition of Fallout 76, where everyone was led to believe they would get a good quality bag for their money, and Bethesda says "sorry we couldn't give you what you paid for, it ended up costing too much money" as an excuse to give people a glorified Trash Bag; talk about classic "Bait and Switch" ; I wouldn't feel sorry at all if Bethesda ends up sued over it; because that's a very bad move they pulled, if the cost was too high they deserve to LOSE MONEY in the pursuit of giving people what they promised them, IDC how much money Bethesda loses, you tell people you are selling them 18K Gold, you cant give them 9K Gold (Plated) as a substitute, it is highly illegal and they deserve to be punished for it.

76 is shaping up to be the new E.T., probably gonna see a good amount of unsold and returned physical copies buried in a landfill in New Mexico

79 is the first Fallout game I've played and the third Fallout game that I've seen played. I've always been more into Elder Scrolls. Arena, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Oblivion, and of course Skyrim. I was part of the ESO beta and I really didn't like it. I hate online multiplayer in general. I'm a single player kind of gamer. I don't really know much about Fallout at all, but my first thought when seeing it was "Post Apocalyptic version of Sims" and my frame of reference for Bethesda games is primarily Skyrim. We have it in our how though so I figured I'd try it out. When I started playing 76 I noticed that the character models for it were similar to Skyrim and they even had at least one of the same hair options. Over all I can't say I like the game but I can't say I dislike it either. I like my character and I like the beautiful scenery and I like the idea of "nuclear post apocalypse where everything (except cats for some reason) is mutated". But I don't like that combat is the primary way of leveling up, they could have easily made crafting and other aspects just as good for leveling up so a player could choose to be some kind of architect or chef. I find combat stressful and overwhelming instead of fun and since its a lot of combat I'm not having a lot of fun. I don't like the level restriction on weapons and armors. I don't like that you need a perk card to even try to pick higher level locks instead of being able to try despite the fact you'll almost definitely fail. I don't like that you need perk cards to actually sneak.
So, to sum things up. I don't think 76 is a bad game but there is a lot that I want to change about it and will as soon as they have private servers that allow custom mods.

Back