Cloth vs Disposable Diapers

ben10hnt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've always had passion for wearing diapers, but it is only recently that I actually start wearing.

While browsing the online shopping sites, I realised that they also have cloth diapers for adults. So far, I have never tried one. I have only been wearing disposable ones.

are cloth diaper as enjoyable as one-time-use diapers? And how absorbent they are? (I somtimes wear diapers in public and leaking while out is no fun at all.)

I would stick with plastic back diaper. And. I would get thick.diaper and change diaper 5 pees. Cloth. Back just. Makes it cool. But don't. Look like a diaper

ben10hnt said:
I've always had passion for wearing diapers, but it is only recently that I actually start wearing.

While browsing the online shopping sites, I realised that they also have cloth diapers for adults. So far, I have never tried one. I have only been wearing disposable ones.

are cloth diaper as enjoyable as one-time-use diapers? And how absorbent they are? (I somtimes wear diapers in public and leaking while out is no fun at all.)

This comes up a lot so I'd suggest you use the site search. In brief summary; they feel different, which some like and others dont. Their absorption is only limited to how thick and how many layers of cloth you wear. Laundry for them is a serious pain, and a smelly one at that. And environmentally they are not as good as you'd think, and even close on impact when compared to disposables. Oh, and up front cost is also very high, but in the long run much less than disposables even when accounting for the water, detergent and even washing machine replacement costs.

Cloth is very comfortable with plastic or vinyl pants. Short term use I'd say. Pee will spread everywhere and there's the smell and rash.

Disposables have to be replaced but keep more of the wetness away. For overnight use liners or boosters.

Thanks for all the replies.

From what you guys said, I think I'll stick to disposable diapers then because I'm living in a public accommodation and I have to use the common laundry room to wash my clothes. Don't want people to find out what I have in my basket. :D

I used to only wear disposable diapers. What I never liked was the crinkle noise, so then I switched to cloth backed diapers. No more crinkles! My favorites would be the Tena Super (the ones with the green line). But what actually starting bothering me after many many years of diaper wearing was the waist believe it or not. The Adult diapers take up lots of room compared to baby diapers. My diaper trash would take up lots of space. I live in Germany and bought an apartment on the top floor in a house with 8 apartments in it 3 years ago. In Germany you have to pay for the size of the garbage container, (that is measured in liters) how many people live in the house and how often the garbage can gets picked up. Well since we all have to share this garbage can there needs to be enough room for everyones garbage. We have it picked up every 2 weeks. So it sucks when you have a lot of trash that is really not necessary. And I don't want my neighbours to know either. Trash bags are around 20 -30 liters here and the cheaper garbage bags are always clear - see though.
So I started to try out washable diapers. I bought a 2 different ones of Amazon with prime to test. 2 China ones that Amazon sent with their fast shipping. One sucked and I liked the other one. So I ordered more of these over Aliexpress because they are dirt cheap. I bought 3 packs with free shipping and ordered a couple times because of import fees. That way it was always free delivery.
I really started to like wearing the washable so much, that I don't even care for the disposable diapers that I still have anymore! They are so much more comfortable and the softness is really nice! One more thing that I noticed is that I don't get anymore diaper rashes with cloth! I guess all the chemicals that are in disposables are not to good to the skin...
The absorbency of cloth isn't anywhere near disposable and they can get bulky when you add 2 stuffers or more. Also it's really hard for me to tell when the diaper is going to start to leak. I don't wear plastic pants so when it leaks it's around the legs.
And about the washing part. I don't know why people are scared about it or say it's lots of work. Not true at all! Well I do only pee my diapers so everything is easy!
I have to wetbags with a zipper, in one I put the inserts and in the other I put the diaper in it. The inserts I have are all white and I wash them 60°. The colored diapers I wash 40°. Both with no fabric softener! The stuffers I toss in the dryer and the diapers I sometimes put them in the dryer on low and hang up to dry the rest. Sometimes I will just hang them up directly.
Sorry for the long irritating post but give it a try! You will like it :)

Back