Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My home state legalized Marijuana tonight.

Default My home state legalized Marijuana tonight.

Welp, Michigan finally put an end to the prohibition of Marijuana.

Honestly, I donít touch the stuff. I used to have problems with it, and it costed me an awful lot. But then it was illegal, and I was in way too deep. I might now, though. I donít know. As somebody who definitely had an addiction to it I can already feel the temptation kicking in. My issue, is my job could still be taken from me if I have marijuana in my system. And I donít want that so iím gonna stay away!

Obviously it stemmed a little internal issues with myself personally, however I am absolutely stoked that this happened. Just the principle of it all; The government is giving slack to the people. Theyíre not just using it as a way to farm money through the courts. Itís not going to be costing us crazy money to enforce anymore. Marijuana was bad but now itís good. I get stuck thinking about it all, what a sudden shift! Itís gonna do quite a bit for our state, I can feel it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Welp, Michigan finally put an end to the prohibition of Marijuana.

Honestly, I don’t touch the stuff. I used to have problems with it, and it costed me an awful lot. But then it was illegal, and I was in way too deep. I might now, though. I don’t know. As somebody who definitely had an addiction to it I can already feel the temptation kicking in. My issue, is my job could still be taken from me if I have marijuana in my system. And I don’t want that so i’m gonna stay away!

Obviously it stemmed a little internal issues with myself personally, however I am absolutely stoked that this happened. Just the principle of it all; The government is giving slack to the people. They’re not just using it as a way to farm money through the courts. It’s not going to be costing us crazy money to enforce anymore. Marijuana was bad but now it’s good. I get stuck thinking about it all, what a sudden shift! It’s gonna do quite a bit for our state, I can feel it!
    I wouldn't smoke honestly still if you were already clean. Chances are all of the HR is going to double-down on drug testing like Colorado and other legal states.

If you have an addiction, don't start smoking again.

Just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean that it's ok for an alcoholic to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    If you have an addiction, don't start smoking again.

Just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean that it's ok for an alcoholic to drink.
    I very much agree with this. While pot doesn't have any physical dependency the way many other drugs and alcohol do, the potential for psychological dependency is very high for some people. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should; not if you've had a problem with it in the past!

That being said, I'm Canadian and quite enjoying the recent national legalization here. However, controlling my use of pot, and going extended stretches without; for a variety of reasons, has never been a problem for me.

It seems people who have a dependency on drugs or alcohol or know someone who has one. Assumes Pot is also can be an addiction. But abdlexplorer is right

I have been clean and sober for three years now. Got my 1st DUI 3 years ago I was pulled over the most embarrassing thing about that is I was busted when wearing only my diaper and a t-shirt. They left me in handcuffs and made me wear my diaper in a holding cell all night. And when I asked to use use a toilet to pee I was told that to pee in my diaper. After about 6 hours they released me. And I was forced to walk home in my diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by caroj59 View Post
    I have been clean and sober for three years now. Got my 1st DUI 3 years ago I was pulled over the most embarrassing thing about that is I was busted when wearing only my diaper and a t-shirt. They left me in handcuffs and made me wear my diaper in a holding cell all night. And when I asked to use use a toilet to pee I was told that to pee in my diaper. After about 6 hours they released me. And I was forced to walk home in my diaper.
    Well like my Dad who also had a few DUI. You got what you deserved. If I drink or Smoke I will stay at home and do it. Or I call an Uber or a Cab or have a designated driver I rather not risk anyone else life because I acted Stupid.

I have to give a Thumbs up to the cops.

Thatís really really rough...

OT, when I was smoking the stuff it was really the only thing that made me happy. I was young, and after I quit I got a full time job, I earned a lot of things that I couldnítíve earned If I didnít kick a bad habit. I had emotional problems and life was falling apart, I relied on it to keep me going. Now, all the things Iím doing with my career and adult life give me joy. I donít need Marijuana anymore. I donít need any drug (well okay Iím addicted to nicotine but Iím working on it). I wouldnít drink a beer everyday, I wouldnít smoke pot everyday. Iím too busy for that. Thereís too many other things I love to do. If I was to do it again itíd be because it was passed to me and I didnít have anything to do the day after.

I appreciate all comments, all very very great points that certainly do weigh on me very heavily. Maybe it wasnít life, maybe it was the chemical.

Iím mostly excited about legalization because it seemed simply unfair to keep it illegal. Such a large amount of people use marijuana and it became a way to simply give extra funding to the courts, it seems. But, itís not like users didnít know what they may be getting into..

Quote Originally Posted by caroj59 View Post
    👍👏🙌 proud of you kid.

I had a similar experience. I was arrested in the state of Arizona for smoking weed in my car wearing a goodnight pull-up. I didn't get a DUI only possession. I was less than a mile from my house and I didn't know how frequent the pigs passed through there. Only thing different about my fucked up story is I took it off before going to my cell. They made me go to the bathroom for something I forgot and I managed to get it off.