Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Songs We Need To Listen (About Self-Love As ABDL, LGBT and More)

  1. #1

    Default Songs We Need To Listen (About Self-Love As ABDL, LGBT and More)

    Hey guys.

    So music can have a very therapeutic effect. For us, Adult Babies, Diaper Lovers and others, we have a need to feel accepted by ourselves. We need to love ourselves the way we are.

    These few days I have produced a song with a friend, we're gonna launch our own music album. I wrote our first single and it is a song about loving yourself and accepting the way you are even if you're different. I took my feelings of being ABDL, bisexual and bipolar and put it into a song that turned out awesome, and it gave me energy to be proud and love myself as I am.

    I can't show you the song just yet, but it got me thinking on songs we, as ABDL and LGBT and Mentally Ill and whatever you are, need to hear.

    So I want everyone to share positive songs about self-love, in an effort to help all of us.

    I'm sharing two right now:

    This one you probably know, it's from the movie musical The Greatest Showman, "This Is Me", and we all know this is a message that can help us heal:





    THIS IS ME - BENJ PASEK & JUSTIN PAUL
    Lyrics:

    I am not a stranger to the dark
    Hide away, they say
    'Cause we don't want your broken parts
    I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
    Run away, they say
    No one'll love you as you are
    But I won't let them break me down to dust
    I know that there's a place for us
    For we are glorious
    When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
    I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
    Look out 'cause here I come
    And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apologies, this is me
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
    Another round of bullets hits my skin
    Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
    We are bursting through the barricades and
    Reaching for the sun (we are warriors)
    Yeah, that's what we've become (yeah, that's what we've become)
    I won't let them break me down to dust
    I know that there's a place for us
    For we are glorious
    When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
    I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
    Look out 'cause here I come
    And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apologies, this is me
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
    This is me
    and I know that I deserve your love
    (Oh-oh-oh-oh) 'cause there's nothing I'm not worthy of
    (Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh)
    When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
    I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
    This is brave, this is proof
    This is who I'm meant to be, this is me
    Look out 'cause here I come (look out 'cause here I come)
    And I'm marching on to the beat I drum (marching on, marching, marching on)
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apologies, this is me
    When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
    I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
    I'm gonna send a flood
    Gonna drown them out
    Oh
    This is me

    Please listen to these songs guys, it will help you feel less alone, less self-hatred and it will help you get a message to yourself to be proud of yourself.

    I'll show you the song I wrote in some weeks when we finish recording it. It was heavily therapeutic for me, and I think it has a message I want to share to the community.

    If you know any songs, share with us!

    Love,
    Henry (kik91)

  2. #2

    Default

    One of my favorites is "Malfunction" by Steam powered giraffe.



    https://youtu.be/BE01dViWqAM

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Default



    And the second I want to share is from a symphonic metal band called Delain, one of my absolute favorites. This song is an anthemic piece about celebrating uniqueness and deviancy. It was dedicated to Sophie Lancaster who was killed for being goth. But the song expands to everyone. The music video I think is very beautiful, with everyone lifting sings saying "ADD", "Out & Proud Gay", "Tall", "Fat"... etc... as a symbol of pride.



    Lyrics:
    WE ARE THE OTHERS - DELAIN
    I'm walking with Sophie tonight,
    She lives in the air that I breathe;
    I can't get it out of my mind
    How you were left to bleed
    Was it how you dressed?
    Or how you act?
    I can't believe
    How they could act so violently,
    Without regret,
    Well, we will not forget

    We are the others,
    We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders
    But you can't hide us,
    We are the others,
    We are the cast outs
    You're not out there on your own
    If you feel mistreated,
    Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone,
    We are the others (we are the others)

    As simple as air in your lungs
    As simple as words on your lips
    And no one should take that away
    No one should argue this
    Now with our heads up high
    We'll carry on,
    And carry out,
    And we won't let them get us down,
    Wear us out,
    'Cause we are not alone

    We are the others,
    We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders
    But you can't hide us,
    We are the others,
    We are the cast outs
    You're not out there on your own
    If you feel mistreated,
    Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone,
    We are the others (we are the others)

    Normal is not the norm,
    It's just a uniform
    (We are the others)
    Forget about the norm,
    (We're the outsiders)
    Take off your uniform,
    (We are the others)
    We are all beautiful,
    (We are the others)

    We are the others,
    We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders
    But you can't hide us,
    We are the others,
    We are the cast outs
    You're not out there on your own
    If you feel mistreated,
    Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone,
    We are the others (we are the others)
    We are the others (we are the others)
    We are the others

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    One of my favorites is "Malfunction" by Steam powered giraffe.



    https://youtu.be/BE01dViWqAM

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I'm listening to it right now. It's really good and it fits us so well!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    This is a song that I would recommend:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycUHgg0zzU

    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine
    Who can relate?
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine

    I don't wanna be alive
    I don't wanna be alive
    I just wanna die today
    I just wanna die
    I don't wanna be alive
    I don't wanna be alive
    I just wanna die
    And let me tell you why

    All this other shit I'm talkin' 'bout they think they know it
    I've been praying for somebody to save me, no one's heroic
    And my life don't even matter
    I know it I know it I know I'm hurting deep down but can't show it
    I never had a place to call my own
    I never had a home
    Ain't nobody callin' my phone
    Where you been? Where you at? What's on your mind?
    They say every life precious but nobody care about mine

    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine
    Who can relate?
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine

    [Logic & Alessia Cara:]
    I want you to be alive
    I want you to be alive
    You don't gotta die today
    You don't gotta die
    I want you to be alive
    I want you to be alive
    You don't gotta die
    Now lemme tell you why

    [Alessia Cara:]
    It's the very first breath
    When your head's been drowning underwater
    And it's the lightness in the air
    When you're there
    Chest to chest with the lover
    It's holding on, though the road's long
    And seeing light in the darkest things
    And when you stare at your reflection
    Finally knowing who it is
    I know that you'll thank God you did

    [Logic & Alessia Cara:]
    I know where you been, where you are, where you goin'
    I know you're the reason I believe in life
    What's the day without a little night?
    I'm just tryna shed a little light
    It can be hard
    It can be so hard
    But you gotta live right now
    You got everything to give right now

    [Logic:]
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine
    Who can relate?
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine

    [Logic & Alessia Cara:]
    I finally wanna be alive (Finally wanna be alive)
    I finally wanna be alive
    I don't wanna die today
    I don't wanna die
    Finally wanna be alive (Finally wanna be alive)
    I finally wanna be alive
    I don't wanna die
    I don't wanna die
    (No, I don't wanna die)
    (I just wanna live)
    (I just wanna live)

    [Khalid:]
    Pain don't hurt the same, I know
    The lane I travel feels alone
    But I'm moving 'til my legs give out
    And I see my tears melt in the snow
    But I don't wanna cry
    I don't wanna cry anymore
    I wanna feel alive
    I don't even wanna die anymore
    Oh I don't wanna
    I don't wanna

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Leio View Post
    This is a song that I would recommend:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycUHgg0zzU

    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine
    Who can relate?
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine

    I don't wanna be alive
    I don't wanna be alive
    I just wanna die today
    I just wanna die
    I don't wanna be alive
    I don't wanna be alive
    I just wanna die
    And let me tell you why

    All this other shit I'm talkin' 'bout they think they know it
    I've been praying for somebody to save me, no one's heroic
    And my life don't even matter
    I know it I know it I know I'm hurting deep down but can't show it
    I never had a place to call my own
    I never had a home
    Ain't nobody callin' my phone
    Where you been? Where you at? What's on your mind?
    They say every life precious but nobody care about mine

    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine
    Who can relate?
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine

    [Logic & Alessia Cara:]
    I want you to be alive
    I want you to be alive
    You don't gotta die today
    You don't gotta die
    I want you to be alive
    I want you to be alive
    You don't gotta die
    Now lemme tell you why

    [Alessia Cara:]
    It's the very first breath
    When your head's been drowning underwater
    And it's the lightness in the air
    When you're there
    Chest to chest with the lover
    It's holding on, though the road's long
    And seeing light in the darkest things
    And when you stare at your reflection
    Finally knowing who it is
    I know that you'll thank God you did

    [Logic & Alessia Cara:]
    I know where you been, where you are, where you goin'
    I know you're the reason I believe in life
    What's the day without a little night?
    I'm just tryna shed a little light
    It can be hard
    It can be so hard
    But you gotta live right now
    You got everything to give right now

    [Logic:]
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine
    Who can relate?
    I been on the low
    I been taking my time
    I feel like I'm out of my mind
    It feel like my life ain't mine

    [Logic & Alessia Cara:]
    I finally wanna be alive (Finally wanna be alive)
    I finally wanna be alive
    I don't wanna die today
    I don't wanna die
    Finally wanna be alive (Finally wanna be alive)
    I finally wanna be alive
    I don't wanna die
    I don't wanna die
    (No, I don't wanna die)
    (I just wanna live)
    (I just wanna live)

    [Khalid:]
    Pain don't hurt the same, I know
    The lane I travel feels alone
    But I'm moving 'til my legs give out
    And I see my tears melt in the snow
    But I don't wanna cry
    I don't wanna cry anymore
    I wanna feel alive
    I don't even wanna die anymore
    Oh I don't wanna
    I don't wanna
    Pretty intense song Leio, but it's cool. It's important. Because I know that at some point, many of us here have through about killing ourselves. I was like this just last week. This is an important contribution.

    Thanks.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kik91 View Post
    Hey guys.

    So music can have a very therapeutic effect. For us, Adult Babies, Diaper Lovers and others, we have a need to feel accepted by ourselves. We need to love ourselves the way we are.

    These few days I have produced a song with a friend, we're gonna launch our own music album. I wrote our first single and it is a song about loving yourself and accepting the way you are even if you're different. I took my feelings of being ABDL, bisexual and bipolar and put it into a song that turned out awesome, and it gave me energy to be proud and love myself as I am.

    I can't show you the song just yet, but it got me thinking on songs we, as ABDL and LGBT and Mentally Ill and whatever you are, need to hear.

    So I want everyone to share positive songs about self-love, in an effort to help all of us.

    I'm sharing two right now:

    This one you probably know, it's from the movie musical The Greatest Showman, "This Is Me", and we all know this is a message that can help us heal:






    Please listen to these songs guys, it will help you feel less alone, less self-hatred and it will help you get a message to yourself to be proud of yourself.

    I'll show you the song I wrote in some weeks when we finish recording it. It was heavily therapeutic for me, and I think it has a message I want to share to the community.

    If you know any songs, share with us!

    Love,
    Henry (kik91)
    Thanks Kik01.

    Music is very helpful to me too.

    I sometimes listen to Coldplay "Fix You" when I feel low. Not really sure why - but it helps.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4V3Mo61fJM

    Also thanks to Leio. that song is intense, but I liked it.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Osito View Post
    Thanks Kik01.

    Music is very helpful to me too.

    I sometimes listen to Coldplay "Fix You" when I feel low. Not really sure why - but it helps.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4V3Mo61fJM

    Also thanks to Leio. that song is intense, but I liked it.
    Ohhhh, "Fix You" is one of Coldplay's most touching songs indeed. I think is a good addition to this list of "feel better" songs. Thanks Osito!

  8. #8

    Default

    One song that always comes to my mind when it comes to tough is Gimmie the Sweet and lowdown by Social Distortion:

    It was a moonlight mishap
    You lost your party hat
    Seems your lifestyle ain’t so worthwhile after all
    A heavy-hearted taxi ride
    Then a walk on the wild side
    Did your guardian angel let you down?
    Gonna lay low and play it straight
    It’s time to rejuvenate
    Gonna kick start your heart until you come around

    I can tell you now; you’ve really gotten the blues
    I can tell you now; that I’ve walked in your shoes
    Gimme the sweet and lowdown

    You better get outta the way
    It’s history made the hard way
    From a hero to a zero once again
    Ain’t no time for vanity
    Or this insanity
    You’re maladjusted and now you’re busted once again

    I can tell you now; it comes as no surprise
    I can tell you now; by that look in your eyes
    Gimme the sweet and lowdown

    You’re looking kinda punch drunk
    Cuz that’s the way you strut your stuff
    With a swing and a swagger down the road you go
    You shoulda made a better choice
    And listened to your inner voice
    You gotta get right or get left, don’t ya know

    I can tell you now; it’s the peak of bad news
    I can tell you now; that I’ve walked in your shoes
    Gimme the sweet and lowdown
    The sweet and lowdown
    Gimme the sweet - the sweet and lowdown

    Also if any of you want to hear some sad song covers, I've recently done a cover on Johny Cash's Hurt if you want the video.

  9. #9

Similar Threads

  1. How to help my ABDL partner love himself
    By goody2shoes in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-Oct-2017, 15:33
  2. My life, my love, my ABDL.
    By Gettingoverthefear in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-Nov-2016, 16:56
  3. Songs You CAN'T Listen To?
    By Milko in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-Nov-2015, 22:03
  4. I want to share something with all my LGBT, ABDL friends
    By Crinklesaur in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-Jan-2015, 22:03
  5. Bad Songs You Secretly Love
    By Starrunner in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14-Sep-2013, 12:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.