Samples incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I never have ordered samples before, but because I wanna buy a case of PeekABU, there is no stock, and the sizing is different I decided to order some samples and fortunately Wearing Clouds has stock of a whole bunch of diapers (seems to be only Mediums and Larges), so I ordered a bunch of samples; because it would have been a major rip off to only buy a few and then pay shipping on top of that.

I should get them tomorrow (shipping estimate says 2 days, which is incredibly quick, they must have a location in the NE United States, close to New York), and then it is just a matter of time to find a convenient time to test the diapers out (I work odd hours, so my best chance is before work if I'm up early or after work if I'm up late, or weekends, which is what i typically do; if I'm not scheduled to work Saturday that is).

Of course I'm most excited about the PeekABU and Kiddo to see if they will fit me well or if I should bump up to XL, but there were a bunch of others I ordered too.

PeekABU and NorthShore Mega are the same model, though their sides are marked differently, so you could get samples from them if needed. Just remember that Mega Medium is PeekABU Large etc.

bambinod said:
PeekABU and NorthShore Mega are the same model, though their sides are marked differently, so you could get samples from them if needed. Just remember that Mega Medium is PeekABU Large etc.

Are they really, because that would be disappointing? I just tried the new V2 of the simple ultra (same as peekabu), and have an order of mega max on the way. The simples were slightly better than the regular northshore supreme, but only a little. And the mega max is supposed to be much better than their supremes. It would seem that should make the mega maxes better than PeekABU as well, by a noticable amount. Oh well, I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Slomo said:
Are they really, because that would be disappointing? I just tried the new V2 of the simple ultra (same as peekabu), and have an order of mega max on the way. The simples were slightly better than the regular northshore supreme, but only a little. And the mega max is supposed to be much better than their supremes. It would seem that should make the mega maxes better than PeekABU as well, by a noticable amount. Oh well, I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Based on my direct observation and measuring of all three (by sizes and weights) Northshore Mega, ABU PeekABU, and MyDiaper Ultra are the exact same diaper, with the only difference being the shell art, and NorthShore's wider tapes.

bambinod said:
Based on my direct observation and measuring of all three (by sizes and weights) Northshore Mega, ABU PeekABU, and MyDiaper Ultra are the exact same diaper, with the only difference being the shell art, and NorthShore's wider tapes.

Thanks for the info. Is the sap content all the same too?

Slomo said:
Thanks for the info. Is the sap content all the same too?

I generally go by weight to judge that, I need to get a precision weight on the mega though.

Yay samples :)

When you get them please put your opinions of them here.

I think it’s great to try lots of things back to back if possible (of course you need time not just for use but also to get the ideal fit per product.)

Argent said:
Yay samples :)

When you get them please put your opinions of them here.

I think it’s great to try lots of things back to back if possible (of course you need time not just for use but also to get the ideal fit per product.)

Will do, but it could be a while because I have absolutely no time today, and most days I only have a few hours, which probably isn't gonna be enough time for a full test.

I have the samples in my stash spot, it's just a matter of finding enough time to give them a thorough test.

Maybe I can start this weekend, if i dont get scheduled to work the weekend (I'm kinda expecting to end up working Saturday, but don't think I'll be working Sunday)

BabyTyrant said:
Maybe I can start this weekend, if i dont get scheduled to work the weekend (I'm kinda expecting to end up working Saturday, but don't think I'll be working Sunday)

Don't you hate it when work interferes with important work! :sad:

BabyDenise said:
Don't you hate it when work interferes with important work! :sad:

Yeah, OT sucks when you are working it, but the pay definitely helps a lot, on my 12 hour days 2 of the OT hours are Double Pay, so that means I'm getting paid over $30 per hour for those hours (of course minus taxes and whatnot, but still) XD

Well, looking like I probably wont be working Saturday, but that's fine, still way more money than my last job.

Last edited:
BabyTyrant said:
Yeah, OT sucks when you are working it, but the pay definitely helps a lot, on my 12 hour days 2 of the OT hours are Double Pay, so that means I'm getting paid over $30 per hour for those hours (of course minus taxes and whatnot, but still) XD

Well, looking like I probably wont be working Saturday, but that's fine, still way more money than my last job.

You get paid of overtime? I'm on salary, so OT sucks for me. Even more so since I've got the new mega max diapers coming tomorrow. Oh well, I'll still be testing them out over the weekend, just at work.

Slomo said:
You get paid of overtime? I'm on salary, so OT sucks for me. Even more so since I've got the new mega max diapers coming tomorrow. Oh well, I'll still be testing them out over the weekend, just at work.

Yeah, I wouldnt work for salary, unless it was a pretty good salary, then it would be worth it even if you worked extra hours.

I don't think many jobs pay salary instead of hourly anyways, but yeah; if my work schedule doesn't change I'll be testing out PeekABU and Kiddo, if Large ends up fitting good enough (and they might, my waist seems to have shrunk a bit as I lost some weight in this last month)

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah, I wouldnt work for salary, unless it was a pretty good salary, then it would be worth it even if you worked extra hours.

I don't think many jobs pay salary instead of hourly anyways, but yeah; if my work schedule doesn't change I'll be testing out PeekABU and Kiddo, if Large ends up fitting good enough (and they might, my waist seems to have shrunk a bit as I lost some weight in this last month)

Well actually, it is a good salary, and some OT is expected of me as part of that. Salary is pretty common in the building enginerring and design industry too. Hourly pay is very rare, usually only for new hirees or temp workers. It still kind of sucks when you look at it as the same pay without OT as it is with OT though. But I digress, the testing will commence either way.

15417010201372685121520290532131.jpg

This is what I have to look forward to trying the next few weeks

Also I did a quick test fit on the PeekABU, I definitely fit quite snug into a size Large, so that's what I will have to order.

BabyTyrant said:
View attachment 31918

This is what I have to look forward to trying the next few weeks

Also I did a quick test fit on the PeekABU, I definitely fit quite snug into a size Large, so that's what I will have to order.

If peekabu are snug, the rest of those diapers I recognize in the sample (of the same size category) should fit comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back