Diaper Cream

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
The baby isle has many diaper rash creams. Does anyone use a liquid after each diaper change?

although cremes might help prevent a rash for you, I've only used them to treat existing skin conditions. I do use a large amount of powder though as a preventative measure.

Unsure of where you are going with this and what you mean by liquid? Are you asking about what brands of diaper creams we use? What brands work best? and by liquid, are you asking if we wash off after a diaper change or if we just apply more cream.

I use a brand called Zincofax, it's a fairly standard diaper cream with zinc in it. I find zinc-based rash creams are the best as both a preventative measure and for treating a fresh rash. Fortunately, I haven't had a rash in years (knock on wood), so I don't use my cream to soothe and treat rashes as much anymore, I just use my diaper cream as a precaution.

I always apply a light coat of diaper cream and baby powder before I tape up. When I change, I always use moist wipes and I'll usually hop in the shower or the bath to get everything all fresh. When I throw on another diaper, I put on more cream and powder. Rinse, wash, repeat, you get the picture.

Is there some sort of stuff that can help prevent urine stuff getting into the pee hole. I heard baby powder just creates bacteria to grow and go into rue pee hole

When I change diapers, I use a number of baby wipes to clean myself. After showering, I will use cornstarch and an overnight diaper. I'm dry until the morning when I will empty my bladder. The medical companies sell creams that can be used to reduce skin irritation. I was wondering about their use. I also use a heavy baby cream overnight on occasion. I'm not into wearing a soaked diaper for long periods so I shouldn't be that concerned about rashes. But it pays to take care of yourself.

It's also worth noting there is a big difference between creams and ointments. Worse is that some brands are called creams when they are really an ointment.

Creams will fully absorb into the skin, and are used to help heal an existing rash. Ointments will create a barrier on the sking to help make sure rashes don't develop. Using both, when appropriate, is the best approach I've found.

The only liquid I can think of is baby oil. I sometimes will use this after I am cleaned up and fully aired out, and don't have any rashes. It only takes a small amount to rehydrate my dry skin.

That was the type of lotion I was thinking of using. Something to hydrate the skin after it is washed.

Dimethicone is very effective in skin protection, something that was recommended for my wife's diabetic feet. It can be found in Aveeno Baby lotion. It's about four dollars a tube. I use it every morning.

Back