Diapers in public (is it OK to the other people?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be yourself.

When I wear them in public, I use them in public and no one even knows. I don't go looking for their diapers, and I'd bet they don't go looking for mine. If I'm going up and down the grocery aisles in a large store and feel the urge to go, I go. Stop to look at what's on the shelf so you can relax, and let the pee pee go. Not only do I need to go, I like being able to have a tinkle whenever I want. Very relaxing.
516H-P-KaiL._SX522_.jpg

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and ChocChip
I wear Betterdry or Crinklz diapers daily no one has ever noticed except for my boss and a Receptionist both questioned my need for a back pack in the bathroom. Once I explained my incontinence issue it was never brought up again. Only people close to you may notice but generally its never an issue as for wearing diapers in a crowded area no one can tell you are wearing or even using your diaper unless you go out of your way to make it noticable.

Slomo said:
What's the difference between needing to wear for a physical reason, or needing to wear for a mental reason?

I don't even see any reason for someone to feel they need to defend their actions or choices if it's not affecting anyone else. Unless you make it someone else's business by involving them somehow, "it's none of your business", end of story.

bambinod said:
I don't even see any reason for someone to feel they need to defend their actions or choices if it's not affecting anyone else. Unless you make it someone else's business by involving them somehow, "it's none of your business", end of story.

What I meant by that is a need is a need, and mental need is no less important than a physical one. There really is no difference in that regard. And I agree, nobody should have to defend their reasoning for wearing a diaper- especially when it doesn't affect anyone else arohnd them.

Like many others have said, it’s your choice as to what you wear. Your business is your business. I doubt anyone would even notice, much less say or do anything about it, unless you make it obvious or make a big deal out of it.

It’s completely harmless anyway. That, and there’s plenty of other unusual or weird stuff you could do while out in public. Heck, I saw a dude on a leash in Walmart once, with ears and a tail (nowhere near a full fursuit). Point being though, it’s not a big deal at all. Just relax and keep being you.

Reactions: Jim100
I wish we didn't have to be so worried about wearing a diaper, even if it's obvious or crinkles. Yes, I'm self conscious and I'd like to get over it. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a society that accepted all different kinds of clothes equally? If I wanted to wear a thick diaper and footed zip up PJs out in public, I should be able to. It's how I often find myself dressed in dreams. Other people get to wear their "costumes" every day out in public. People make themselves look like what they want to look like. Someone who dresses as a motorcycle gang Harley rider, or a cowboy, or a goth, or a business person, or whatever is someone who has adopted a persona because they like it. So, at the very least, I say wear your diapers under your clothes and own it, if you can bring yourself to do it.

Reactions: Jim100
Agree, but it is how it is... that's why there are communities and events that allows some kind of freedom to dress.
But, yes it is sad that you have to be so careful around others. It is not a topic here but I am also a CD (cross-dresser) and also If want to go in public dressed in female "attire" it is rather difficult. With diaper you can put it under your regular clothes and it is not so noticeable (but rather discrete).
Must thank you all once again on your kind comments here. :smile1:

Bellybag58 said:
When I wear them in public, I use them in public and no one even knows. I don't go looking for their diapers, and I'd bet they don't go looking for mine. If I'm going up and down the grocery aisles in a large store and feel the urge to go, I go. Stop to look at what's on the shelf so you can relax, and let the pee pee go. Not only do I need to go, I like being able to have a tinkle whenever I want. Very relaxing.
Yeah, it's a wonderful feeling, the world is your toilet... and you can be in a crowded place and think, "If only they knew what's happening in my pants right now" ;)

Slomo said:
What's the difference between needing to wear for a physical reason, or needing to wear for a mental reason? More still, how is some stranger in public going to know the difference? Of course it's ok. Wearing- and even using- a diaper in public is neither illegal nor immoral. Most nobody cares, and most all are to self involved to notice anyways. The very, extremly, rare person who does take issue with it is the one who has the problem. Don't feel scared off by them, feel sorry for them instead and go about your day happily diapered.

As with any diaper wearer though, don't go out of your way to make it obvious or outright expose your diapers. That's generally considered rude- unless of course you're at an appropriate venu (like at the beach, convention, or at a halloween party).

I never thought it would happen Slomo, but, I wholeheartedly agree with your statement.

Nobody would care, as long as you dont go out in a diaper you have used and worn for several hours. If you feel your diaper getting saggy, do change before going out

I agree that discretion is the better part of valor. I must wear diapers because of urinary incontinence caused by diabetic neuropathy. I am perfectly comfortable wearing and wetting in public as needed, because, at least for me, it is a medical condition. If anyone were to question me, I would very simply state that I have a disability, and I have a need to wear diapers because of that. That being said, however, I don't make it obvious that I wear diapers, any more so than anyone would make it obvious in public that they were wearing underwear, panties, or a bra. Diapers are designed to be worn under your clothing, not outside of it, for a reason. Diapers are designed to contain bladder or bowel flows, therefore, they are meant to be worn on bare skin, inside, not outside, for obvious reasons. I also wear a pair of underwear over my diaper, because it helps keep the diaper from sagging and falling off, and it helps conceal the fact of my wearing diaper a bit further. I believe there should be no shame in wearing diapers for either medical or mental health reasons - my best friend is an AB/DL, and wears diapers despite his having a urostomy. However, I would feel shame if I went out of my way to reveal my diapers to the public, for pure shock value, or simply to rebel against established norms of common decency and protocol.

AngelKitten said:
I agree that discretion is the better part of valor. I must wear diapers because of urinary incontinence caused by diabetic neuropathy. I am perfectly comfortable wearing and wetting in public as needed, because, at least for me, it is a medical condition. If anyone were to question me, I would very simply state that I have a disability, and I have a need to wear diapers because of that. That being said, however, I don't make it obvious that I wear diapers, any more so than anyone would make it obvious in public that they were wearing underwear, panties, or a bra. Diapers are designed to be worn under your clothing, not outside of it, for a reason. Diapers are designed to contain bladder or bowel flows, therefore, they are meant to be worn on bare skin, inside, not outside, for obvious reasons. I also wear a pair of underwear over my diaper, because it helps keep the diaper from sagging and falling off, and it helps conceal the fact of my wearing diaper a bit further. I believe there should be no shame in wearing diapers for either medical or mental health reasons - my best friend is an AB/DL, and wears diapers despite his having a urostomy. However, I would feel shame if I went out of my way to reveal my diapers to the public, for pure shock value, or simply to rebel against established norms of common decency and protocol.

I too have diabetic neuropathy and wear nappies 24/7

At first I was very self conscious about my underwear. Now it is just another thing. If I have to pee, I pee. It is a little embarrassing when I notice a stranger staring at my diaper bulk, or overhearing a little kid saying "That man is wearing diapers." But, I shrug it off just like when someone looks over at me picking my nose while driving. After awhile that person will have forgot me.:D

• Sad
Reactions: SAPexpanded
Mickeymic said:
At first I was very self conscious about my underwear. Now it is just another thing. If I have to pee, I pee. It is a little embarrassing when I notice a stranger staring at my diaper bulk, or overhearing a little kid saying "That man is wearing diapers." But, I shrug it off just like when someone looks over at me picking my nose while driving. After awhile that person will have forgot me.:D

I've never noticed anyone staring at me so whether people knw I wear nappies or not I don't know and now frankly don't care. I used to worry about it but after almost 7 years I am way past that.

One time I was in a store waiting in line and I farted (silent but deadly) in a wet diaper. The guy in front of me immediately said oh whats that smell and asked if somebody farted. I was mortified and felt bad for the guy behind me. I stopped wanting to wear in public after that. Also leaving my house I don't want my neighbors to see any kind of diaper bulge and when sitting in the car my jeans make the diaper ride up and get a thick crease down the middle. I hate that.

abdlboy89 said:
One time I was in a store waiting in line and I farted (silent but deadly) in a wet diaper. The guy in front of me immediately said oh whats that smell and asked if somebody farted. I was mortified and felt bad for the guy behind me. I stopped wanting to wear in public after that. Also leaving my house I don't want my neighbors to see any kind of diaper bulge and when sitting in the car my jeans make the diaper ride up and get a thick crease down the middle. I hate that.
Passing gas has no bearing on our wearing and wetting a diaper. The shame you felt was misplaced, and should have been focused on whatwhatever the heck youve been eating. Not what you've been wearing.

And actually, I've found that a dry diaper can actually act as a sort of filter for when we pass gass. Effectively reducing how much of a bad smell will escape and offend others. So diapers are actually something to be proud of, not ashamed of.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Yeah, that’s what I thought, surely the issue was the fart, not the diaper... though it might have drawn attention to the fact he was wearing it?

What you wear under your clothes is not anyone's concern. Are men with a woman fetish involving anyone in their kinks when they wear women clothing under their clothes or thong or a bra? What about women who like to wear lingerie to feel sexy, are they involving anyone in it?

Go ahead and wear a diaper under your clothes.

Now I realize this thread is a year old and I thought they lock after 3 months of inactivity? Is that feature gone now?

Reactions: SAPexpanded
Just been reading the posts! Thanks for the post emergence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back