Diapers in public (is it OK to the other people?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tillylenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Lately I am having some questions in my head about wearing diapers in public and other people around that are unaware of that.
So, sometimes I wear diapers under my regular clothes and go for a walk around my street block or in nature, or on a short trip...Let's just say I like the feeling of wearing diaper and crinkle sound that is slightly present and sensation on my skin...

But, there is the question, is this OK to other people around me...I presume they don't know about my diaper but what if they knew, would it be still OK to wear, because you are in a some way "involving" others in your enjoyment of wearing in public.
I don't use them in public (only wear them), and sometimes (walking distant close to my home) but not around others I would pee in them (I am not IC).

I see diapers like regular clothes but still they have some stronger effect on than my trousers or shoes...They make me more babyish...and I am not sure is it OK to feel like that in public. But I don't actively involve nobody, because I respect others and their freedom too.

How do you feel about wearing in public (if not IC, because they had to wear diapers), does that automatically includes others in our diaper wearing situation or not ? :detective1:

Reactions: checkingoutall and Mickeymic
Surely what you wear under your clothes is your choice

Reactions: MetalDan86 and todderhr
Nobody really cares what some random person is wearing. Diaper or underwear. Besides that in the case they do somehow figure it out they will most likely ignore it unless they're assholes. Anyway if they say nothing it's because they assume you're incontinent.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Would you be uncomfortable if the guy next to you was wearing ladies undergarments but you had no idea that he was? You wouldn’t be. Ignorance is bliss. If you are discreet and do not purposely try to out yourself, you are fine, you are overthinking this one.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and PullupAndy
I'm IC, but I'll still say what I think. Firstly, as ST50 said, it's your choice, what you wear. And secondly, even if they knew you are wearing, even if they knew you are (for example) enjoying the fact that they know that you are wearing, it's not like it matters to them. They are still there, no matter what you are wearing. And you are still there as well. Don't worry about things like that...

Reactions: Abdl247
Must agree with all answers, thanks guys! I had some worries...

Maybe the question is what about using diapers in public...
I don't mess diapers (it is not so far in my agenda), but peeing...do you think that it is OK pee in diapers in public?
(I am not talking here about smelling really bad or full diapers, but about small quantity...).

I think if wearing diapers in public is OK in the way we discussed, than peeing in small quantity should not be anything bad also...as long it is not bothering others.

Reactions: Mickeymic
You gotta do you sweetie!
Just be careful. Not everyone understands/accepts our community.

People will not notice unless you wear really bulky diapers and filled them up. People have their own problems on their minds. Get plastic pants if you worry about leaks. There is enough background noise that no one will hear your diapers.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
I would definitely say peeing in your diaper while around other people in public is fine, they wont know you are wearing a diaper and won't know when you are peeing, and it's nowhere near as bad as pooping.

If I go out of the house with a diaper on (well covered so nobody is going to actually see my diaper, most people don't care anyways so they won't look for it) I figure it's kind of a waste to not use it.

If I wouldn't use the diaper then i may as well not even go out with one on, you know?

I'm agreeing with the now repeated comment of what you wear under your clothes is your business. While I rarely go out diapered, I'm often out wearing women's panties, which as a male is largely viewed with less tolerance than wearing a diaper, but it's not anyone's business but mine if I choose to do it. Even if someone does become aware of the diaper, they are unlikely to say anything because they'll assume it's medical, and people are generally too uncomfortable about that sort of thing to comment.

In a word, yes, it's fine to wear and wet wherever you like. It only involves other people if:
a) You make the diaper obvious in some way, that they are supposed to notice and then have to think about, or
b) You interact with them specifically to make them part of your diaper-wearing experience, even while they remain unaware of the diaper.
If someone very perceptive realises that the shape of your hips is unusual and they decide you might be wearing padding, then that is their prerogative; everyone is entitled to speculate on what is going on around them. But if you are not advertising the diaper, and you are neat and hygienic about using and changing it, that's fine.

I read stories on here of people who have had embarrassing experiences, or fear that they have been exposed, when out and about in a diaper. All I can say is that they are either unlucky, or they have been indiscreet or deliberately made an exhibition of themselves, or have imagined it to be much worse than it is. I have been wearing and wetting all day more or less every day for some years, including under some very demanding conditions. In that time and after thousands of changes in public and company restrooms, not one single person has said, or hinted, that they know about it, or avoided me or acted in an awkward way that suggested they were uncomfortable being with me, or anything. The same freedom awaits you....

Hi tillylenn

As a young adult with incontinence, a diaper is my regular underwear. Like you, I’ve struggled with wearing and using diapers in public. Unlike you, I have no choice but to wear diapers, unless I want to have frequent accidents all of the time. (I don’t).

If you want to wear diapers under your clothes, that’s your choice, but I’d advise you to be discreet about it. Bear in mind that even a dry diaper is thicker than regular underpants or boxers and the waistband is higher so it is a little more noticeable.

From my own experience of wearing padding for a decade, hardly anyone notices and those that do are normally understanding. Just don’t make an exhibition out of it or flaunt your diaper in public and most people won’t know or care.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and Deleted member 60371
In my view, as long as you are not actively forcing other people to get involved, or inconveniencing them by choice, what you wear is your business.
If you're wearing them for comfort, convenience, or just because you like the feeling, I don't think that's an issue at all if you keep it to yourself. Wetting is okay as long as it doesn't start to smell and you make sure to dispose of the used ones properly.

I don't wear them in public very often because changing is a hassle if it's longer than a short trip, but I don't think it's wrong to as long as you follow certain boundaries.

There's a couple of things that I don't think are okay:
  • Being deliberately exhibitionist (either visually or by the sound of something chosen to be noisy) if you get off on the thought of someone noticing. This unwillingly forces others to become involved with your fetish.
  • Deliberately causing others discomfort by messing in an enclosed space or not changing a wet one that starts to smell.
    Of course, that can be unavoidable if you're incontinent (which is fine because there wasn't a choice), but then you'd be expected to change as soon as reasonably possible out of politeness.
As another poster has already said, you've probably passed by men who are wearing women's paties or other undergarments without ever knowing - it didn't do you any harm.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and irnub
Wow, so many nice comments! :grouphug:
You are all so nice and great!
That is what I like here on forum...

Thank you guys!
Sooo, conclusion is it is OK. Well I agree, and will keep that in mind, just wanted to be sure.

You're fine. What's under your clothes isn't anyone's business.

I think that considerably more than that is defensible but it depends on circumstances and applicable laws, so it's simpler and more polite to keep it discreet most of the time. I do not buy into the notion that someone who sees something they may not wish to is forcibly involving them. If that were the case, I'd have a long list of assaults upon my person to be tallied up every year. I prefer discretion but public life can be messy and we don't get to be protected from the unappealing.

I'm with WoodlandWanderer - if you're discreet you're not involving others, go for it.

What's the difference between needing to wear for a physical reason, or needing to wear for a mental reason? More still, how is some stranger in public going to know the difference? Of course it's ok. Wearing- and even using- a diaper in public is neither illegal nor immoral. Most nobody cares, and most all are to self involved to notice anyways. The very, extremly, rare person who does take issue with it is the one who has the problem. Don't feel scared off by them, feel sorry for them instead and go about your day happily diapered.

As with any diaper wearer though, don't go out of your way to make it obvious or outright expose your diapers. That's generally considered rude- unless of course you're at an appropriate venu (like at the beach, convention, or at a halloween party).

Reactions: Wetshisbed and AddyShadows
Just to echo everyone else here, wearing and using (#1) in public is a-okay. You do you!

Unless there's some extreme odor and/or you're leaking on purpose, in which case that would be imposing and involving your own personal interests on others without their consent. But many IC people wear and use in public and not only does that not cause issues or make people uncomfortable, most people would probably prefer it given the alternative to if they didn't have some form of protection on!

Reactions: Wetshisbed
My wife and I have had our nappies on in public countless times. As long as the nappy is firmly hidden under your clothes, it really doesn’t matter. Most likely, unless you’ve a really bulky nappy on, nobody is going to notice.

It's underwear for a reason, as in nobody needs to know what you are wearing unless you do something to draw attention to what you are wearing, even if someone notices and is bothered, that's their problem as they have no idea why you are wearing what you are wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back