Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Was Your Favorite Family Outing As A Child?

I grew up in Southwest Missouri, every summer we would visit Branson and go to Silver dollar city .
    That was back in the late 60s and early to mid 70s before Branson was what it is now .
    Another thing we used to do every year would be road trips to Iowa and Michigan to visit relatives .
    My folks would put a mattress in the back of the old Falcon station wagon an my two sisters and I would have the whole back end to ourselves .

We had a creek on the south side of our farm. (About a half mile from the house/barn)
    A couple times each summer our dad would take us all down to the creek. We'd pitch old army puptents, light a big bonfire, grill catfish, patios, and corn... And play bluegrass until like 1 or 2 AM. In the morning dad would make scrambled eggs on the last of the bonfire.
    GOOD times

- - - Updated - - -

All seven of us ruined our interments with the humidity. But dam we had fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you that have never had scrambled eggs from a real cast iron skillet over a campfire, have MISSED OUT on one of life's great experiences