I am grateful for...

daylight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey All,

Thought I give a shout out about what we all are grateful, appreciative, and/or thankful for as we approach the holidays (or anytime really). Let's hear your positive emoting.

To seed the thread...

I'm grateful for the patience and support of my family. I know I am, at times, stubborn and a perfectionist for which, they put up with, mostly.

I'm also grateful for chocolate cookies!

I'll second chocolate chip cookies!! my wife's are the best - hot out of the oven...
I'm also grateful for northshore double stop male pads (there more like 'mini' diapers) - nice diaper like feeling in the front, catch a lot, comfortable and discreet.

I am grateful for supportive communities - my friends, my family, my church, and my coworkers have all stood by me at various times. This has been a challenging year for me, with four hospitalizations for life-threatening complications of a chronic illness and being very close to getting referred for organ transplant before they finally got things under control, and I couldn't have done it without all the people who have stopped me.

I'm grateful for cool fall mornings with hot air balloon flying, for loving kids and loving cats, and for pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee. I'm grateful for green chile enchiladas, biscochitos, and my wonderful wife. Im grateful for diapers that are more than up for the task of managing my incontinence, v and for a fantastic urologist who's not afraid to try things but always willing to listen to my preferences.

And I'm grateful for all of you. I'm not that active of a poster, but I get so much from this site just by reading and learning

I'm greatful I finally achieved full functional urinary incontinence this year. It's been my wish for the last 20+ years, and I even died once (I'm better now though) in attempting to get to this point.

I'm grateful for my kids who have helped get me through the grieving process after the death of my wife. They too are grieving and we help each other. I'm also grateful for my friends and especially my church and church friends for all the support they have given me this past year.

I'm grateful for the gift of music, both in listening to music and in my playing piano and organ. It helps me chew up some of the long hours in the afternoon.

I’m grateful for still having a little bit vision after the eye surgery I went through. I am grateful that three years later even with a lot less fission my life has completely change for the better. I moved to a new state and city with the better access to transportation and things to do, and also that I still have my part-time job at a grocery store. I am grateful for the ability to afford the really good diapers that I need on a daily basis to be able to maintain my independence. I am grateful for having an iPhone that allows me to be able to access the Internet and various things that I like to do in my free time like podcasts and movies and audiobooks

I am grateful for...
Tomorrow, November 13, will be 15 years since prostate cancer surgery.
The diapers I can deal with.

wearing said:
I am grateful for...
Tomorrow, November 13, will be 15 years since prostate cancer surgery.
The diapers I can deal with.

Yup, my blockage removal and achieving urinary incontinence meant having my prostrate removed as well. It was a good trade considering I'm still alive.

I'm grateful for my wife's love and support over the years. While IC and diapers aren't much of an issue for us, my cluster headaches certainly are. Right now is one of the roughest periods I've had with them in years, and she's there, rubbing my head, running me to the hospital for care, and helping me every step of the way.

I am grateful for the love and loyalty my man gives me everyday! He is my rock, when life gets hard he is always there to comfort me and tell me things will be ok. I am grateful he has been understanding with my sometimes uneasiness being introduced to his world here. I am grateful for all of you here who have shown support to Cannaboy88 and myself.

Slomo said:
Yup, my blockage removal and achieving urinary incontinence meant having my prostrate removed as well. It was a good trade considering I'm still alive.

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with cluster headaches. My friend has them and they're terrible. I hate it when I get a migraine and yet (according t to him) that is nothing in comparison to a cluster headache.

I'm glad that your wife is helping out. Good luck.

-Ieyasu

I'm grateful for

Catheters and diapers so I can have a good nights sleep.
A good steady job that I like and pays the bills.
Having a hot meal on the table.
Children and grandchildren that love me.

Living in the United States of America, the greatest country on the planet earth.

Back