Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could make a couple changes about ADISC, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    I'd been under the impression that BM related discussions were always allowed, but the rule was nothing unnecessarily graphic. I guess that meant tips on clean up and all the associated stuff the IC people have to know - there wasn't any "just enjoyed a great poopy diaper!" kind of stuff.

I do find that sort of thing in poor taste for this site, but I really can't say I see much of it. One thread a day under new posts at most. I ignore it and move on; the frequency isn't enough to put me off.

Since I took a break for a few years it doesn't overall seem much different to how I remember it when I left. Possibly a little quieter, but I'm not certain on that. It does appear that less Rep is being handed out. I lost my TC and then DC status through inactivity, but the low numbers of DC and TCs I see around now suggests that the amount of rep still circulating is only enough to reach the top ranks for the very frequent posters. Off the top of my head, bambinod and dogboy are the only DCs I can recall seeing recently and Tiny is the only TC. Out of 56 members currently online as I write this, there's only one DC.
    I helped administer the nominations and voting for the annual awards with Talula for several years. That was always good fun and I'm glad to see it's still been going.

I believe there is a large re-design of the back end of the site in the works, so it will be interesting to see what opportunities that provides.
    I assume you are right about it being allowed, but it was the graphic discussions that started around the time I mentioned. My POV is that participation in support type threads and longtime members started to decline at that same time.

I know you and Talula did the awards 4 years ago. I talked to Talula and took it over for the last three years. The participation was so low that we had only three categories that had enough nominations for one member that we did not even do the elections. We used you original format and attempted to add things to it, but the participation went the same way as the Rep system.

But while I have a moment; thank you for coming back its the experience of the long time members that is the most beneficial to the support system.

-make it more mobile friendly. (Reputation, polls, advanced editing, etc currently don't work on mobile)

-add in a statement page for basic definitions of words/abbreviations officially adopted by adisc- or better yet adopted my dictionaries..... (Seriously, the confusion, misinformation, and misunderstandings around here are beyond annoying and set our community back 10 years)

-improve the reputation system and make it easier for everyone to use. (Why can't we have a simple thumbs up/down?).

A system where members named “LittleManAlex” get free diapers for life. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    It does appear that less Rep is being handed out. I lost my TC and then DC status through inactivity, but the low numbers of DC and TCs I see around now suggests that the amount of rep still circulating is only enough to reach the top ranks for the very frequent posters. Off the top of my head, bambinod and dogboy are the only DCs I can recall seeing recently and Tiny is the only TC. Out of 56 members currently online as I write this, there's only one DC.
    Yes, it's definitely few and far between.

Welcome back!

I honestly second the idea of making the reputation system easier to use. Many people here probably have little knowledge on how the reputation system works and those that know probably don't use it very often as it is difficult to use.