told my mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

throaway

Contributor
was really glad, she was definitely nice about it. I told her I'm a non sexual DL. I felt nervous, even though she told me that I can talk to her about anything from a young age. She did pretty much exactly as I assumed, which was that there were things that were worse that I told her so she really didn't mind. I'm not saying everyone should tell their mom, I understand that some people have their own reasons to not to tell their own family members so I'm not judging people for keeping it a secret. I didn't tell the rest of the family, but I trust my mom to not tell them. I just wanted to share how nice it was to tell a second person in my life and get a positive response. (the other one being a close friend from along time ago who was also nice about it)

They’re really isn’t anything wrong with wearing nappies.

I'm glad it went well for you. My mom made me see a psychiatrist but that was many years ago and I had other, more serious problems. Still, it's nice to have an understanding parent.

I'm glad it went well for you we all have someone we can trust to tell them our personel secrets mine was my wife and she is also caring and supportive of being an abdl she knows it's not something I can just give up and she wants me to be happy

While we're all glad you telling her went well, why? There is no reason to tell your parents about such personal, and for more sexual desires. Our underwear, be then boxers, panties, or diapers should be out of sight and mind for everyone except for the people that are going to be seeing whats in our pants.

BabyCorry said:
While we're all glad you telling her went well, why? There is no reason to tell your parents about such personal, and for more sexual desires. Our underwear, be then boxers, panties, or diapers should be out of sight and mind for everyone except for the people that are going to be seeing whats in our pants.

My default position is keep it to yourself and those you're intimate with. However, there are times when I think it makes sense to talk about it with others. I have some friends whose parents know and it works for them. I think it's less about an absolute rule and more about being mindful of what the risks and benefits are.

Babycorry, I can understand the point of what you are saying, but then again, telling his mom means he can wear in private without it having to be a big secret. It means not having to stress about discovered stash. It means he doesn't have the guilt of keeping a big secret. I WISH I had just told my mom, I know now, she would have supported me and maybe would have even helped me. Best of luck to you throaway!

bobbilly said:
They’re really isn’t anything wrong with wearing nappies.

I agree but most people just don't understand or get why anyone would want to wear them. For me they are just my underwear now.

To reply to the person who thought I shouldn't share. I thought she was going to find out. So I wanted to tell her instead of her finding out by catching it by surprise. I'm not saying everyone should tell their parents at all. I can see your point, its just that I've told her a lot of things and I knew I could tell her anything. I probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't live with her and think she was going to find out.

BabyCorry said:

You are absolutely right- when wearing diapers is sexually based your parents don't need to know. That's a different story when it's more a part of who we are though. Think of it sort of like being gay. They don't come out of the closet to tell everyone about their sexual exploits, they come out to tell everyone this is who they are. The same with being a DL really.

And a person's parents, loved ones, significant others, and even close friends can all benefit from knowing the full us as well. Not only do you save them the awkwardness of when (not if) they find out, but they will then know you trust them well enough to include them in your full life, thereby strengthening the mutual bond. Of course there's the opposite benefit for you both as well. If they react negatively then you'll both know you're not compatible after all and are better off going your own ways (bigot parents included).

Congratulations! It's always nice to have someone to share.
And it's good, that your mother is so accepting. I recently found out, that people tend to be... kind of disgusted by that sort of thing, even if it's not for comfort, but for medical reasons...

I am fairly sure my mom knew I wore plastic underpants when I was 13 / 14 at night (changing sheets each week on my bed and I first kept them underneath the mattress). The fact that I had a major wetting accident at my best friend's house when I was 8 and his mom had me wear a full diaper and plastic underpants (which greatly helped) was probably another factor in her understanding if I wore at age 13 / 14. She even mentioned when I was 10 after I asked about removing my plastic mattress cover the "let's wait a bit longer to see how it goes". I eventually just kept my plastic underpants beneath my regular underwear in my drawer and she put my clean underwear back in drawer each week so she must have seen them also.

I left my plastic underpants on my bed once by accident the first summer home from college and my dad saw them but just continued to talk to me and only when I looked over my shoulder when he was gone did I notice I had left them out when I had changed out of my pajamas earlier.

My point is that my parents were understanding if I wore them of my own choice and they never brought up the topic and neither did I. I can assume though if I ever needed to talk about my plastic underpants (due to nighttime wet dreams, wetting accidents while in college or the fact I feel a great amount of security wearing them each night) I could always bring it up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back