Public Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
Oh, and you can open the door to that tiny trash can shoot. The can is just big enough to hold one diaper.

do they empty that can during the flight? Otherwise what do you do when you are on your 2nd change, or you have "company in padding" seated elsewhere on the plane?

bambinod said:
do they empty that can during the flight? Otherwise what do you do when you are on your 2nd change, or you have "company in padding" seated elsewhere on the plane?

I didnt even think about that the first time, but each time thereafter when I exited the bathroom I just mentioned to the flight attendant the can needed to be emptied (they have a large can in each of the galleys). They all said thank you, and it was never an issue.

I never looked for anyone else who might have been diapered either. Though with me it would have been obvious because each time I needed a change I took my bag down from the overhead, took a diaper out, and carried it in hand to the bathroom. I know others had to have realised I was diapered, but nobody ever gave me a strange look, let alone said anything.

I use a stall, preferably the handicapped one, but a regular will work too in most cases.

Personally I just go in the stall at school and do it standing. If you go into the handicap stall and stand far from the door no one can see you.

I Try to use Changing Places as they have awesome changing tables for adults which are electronically height adjustable.
Only available in biggest retail chains like Westfield in London for Example or Busiest Airports and Railway Stations. I also use Radar as previously mentioned but sometimes they are horrible if it comes to how cold it can be inside and not all of them are as clean as you'd expect them to be. I had One occasion when toilet assistant looked at me weird though when I asked to open Changing places toilet for me :( She thought That I don't wear nappies because I don't look retarded on the face and U really cannot tell that there is something wrong with me just by looking. I had to literally lower my trousers in an act of frustration to show her that I'm entitled to use one. I just asked her If this is wet enough for you as I think I clearly need a change. She apologised and blushed and opened up quickly but I got laughed at by some bystanders waiting to enter regular toilets. I just don't like being questioned and judged by toilet lady whether or not I can change myself there or not :(

a single-toilet washroom is the best option, but any washroom will do. It's less ideal to change in a large public washroom with others around, and I'll wait if it's not urgent to change into a dry diaper.

As long as there is a stall big enough i will change there... if you approach it like it is something normal that you have to do, like non wearers using the bathroom. Frankly I don't care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I travel a lot and usually wear something that can last long enough for my 5-6 hour domestic flights, without need to change mid-flight most trips. In the event I might leak, I protect my seat with a disposable chuck pad - nobody seems to have noticed or said anything after dozens of flights.

Last night I was traveling with my families caravan and was soaked to the point of a leak when we stopped for food mid-route on a 10 hour drive. This travel typically requires at least one if not two changes. I grabbed my supplies out of my bag, expecting to walk into the restaurant with my family and divert to the bathrooms while they waited in line. Giving me a chance to change and come order from the Subway sandwich line when I finish.

What actually happened, was I got to the loo and the attendant had just started cleaning. Then told me it'd be 30 minutes until she was done. Since we had parked so far, my family told me to jump in line. So there I was, holding a bright blue Forma Care Nacht slip with my gold bond powder and blue pack of a adult sized wipeys, ordering lunch getting tons of stares from others in-line and in particularly the restaurant staff. No doubt they had a laugh about me after.

Once back in the car, I'd wet even more while we ate - so I had to literally float above the seat for 20 miles until the next road stop rest area. Then cary my supplies into a full restroom and stand in line for several minutes getting even more looks from travelers waiting for the stalls. Once I was in one, I didn't care who knew and was ready to get the heck home and forget about all this nonsense. Got some very strange stares carrying my wet nappy from the stall to the outside trash can (since for some reason there are none inside) and heard a kid comment to his dad about my obvious diaper change as a left.

I wanted to die.

Perhaps you should carry that stuff in like a bagpack or something?

Usually I do, but my backpack was filled with everything for my family weekend trip.

I'm not actually quite comfortable peeing in public even though I wear diapers 24/7. Most of the time if I need to go, I find myself a restroom (almost any would do) and wet the diaper there. After wetting, I change there.

I use public regular stalls. I try not to use the handicap stall since I think they are for people in wheelchairs or crutches that really need a lot more room. Airplane bathrooms are the smallest but I change in there also and always manage. At first the airplane bathroom was a bit nerve-racking, we had to stand in line for about 10 minutes and then I had to go in and change my high SAP disposable (and all I had was a plastic bag (doubled to limit the transparency and obvious contents)). Just the size alone and holding it in my hand would make it easy to see I probably had a diaper in it (what else would you take a plastic bag to the restroom for?). The tapes being pulled away has the obvious sound and then putting on a new diaper takes some time and maneuvering but when I come out no one really looked at me weird and I can bet most people would think "Good thing he wears a diaper on these flights or the next person sits in a wet seat". The public stalls have the same type of situation but I can get over it fairly quickly.

Family or handicap restrooms is what I and my mommy use.
If you use a family room make sure it is lockable you don't want young kids walking in and seeing a big baby getting his diaper changed.
I love using family rooms cause there bigger and as I'm light weigh I can use the baby change tables.

HOLY COW Drew, you must really be light weight, or the changing tables in Australia are built like bank vaults.

I dont see why anyone should act like it is a big deal to wet in public, I rarely wear outside of the house because I only wear diapers occasionally anyways, never needed to change when out and about.

But when I am out and in a diaper I just go about my business, quietly wet, and usually change when I go home (if I'm going from one diaper to another, which I dont always do either).

But if I was to need a change wearing outside I would probably prepare some diapers to put them on easier when out and about and not care about what people may say if I got "busted".

stardprboy said:
Usually I do, but my backpack was filled with everything for my family weekend trip.

Get one of those string backpacks, they don't take up much room in your bags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear a lot when on the road and have mastered the regular bathroom stall pretty well. The reason I do this is because it's only a recreational thing and like to leave the disabled and family areas for those who are in actual need out of respect.

Service plaza/rest areas
Fast food restaurants
Shopping mall food court
Department stores
Gas stations

Probably hit them all at different points. I don't care who sees anymore but don't go out of my way. A (fresh) folded diaper tucks easily inside of a jacket in cold weather and the used diaper can be quickly and discreetly discarded in the nearest trash from the stall. No worries.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

littlemoosey said:
HOLY COW Drew, you must really be light weight, or the changing tables in Australia are built like bank vaults.

Lol, alot of family rooms in Australia have gone away from the fold out wall mounted change table to a solid constructed benck similar to a kitchen bench but with a slight hollow in it for a baby change mat. As I'm a big baby (lengthy not weight) my mommy makes me light/part sit up when she changes my bum.

ABdrew said:
Lol, alot of family rooms in Australia have gone away from the fold out wall mounted change table to a solid constructed benck similar to a kitchen bench but with a slight hollow in it for a baby change mat. As I'm a big baby (lengthy not weight) my mommy makes me light/part sit up when she changes my bum.

The cheap plastic drop-down tables are most likely a stopgap measure to allow businesses and govt etc to come into compliance with some of the new laws requiring these in public restrooms. As construction gets cycled, I'm sure we'll start seeing most of the new restrooms getting designed with "built-in" changing facilities.

I've also seen an uptick in the public demand for changing tables in MEN's restrooms. Fathers are getting pissed that they have more difficulty changing their kid's diapers in public because so many restrooms are only including changing tables in womens restrooms.

I don't have the most experience with public wearing but I am pretty good at changing in a restroom stall. Learning where to place stuff mid change (like wipes or powder) while also holding up a diaper was the biggest obstacle for me. To practice, I used a single stall, public bathroom in my apartment building. It was perfect because no one ever used that bathroom, I could wear at home and still kinda get the public changing experience, and it was always open so I could "practice" whenever I wanted. Now I feel more comfortable about wearing and changing in public! Still haven't done it much yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back